PDA

View Full Version : Cause i know ya'll love me: 360 more powerful than xbox!!!

TheCovenant
05-26-2005, 05:25 PM
yup, you heard it here first folks. The xbox 360 runs leaps and bounds over the original xbox, and i have the scans to prove it. Thanks to my friend at EGM (aka my subscription), i have got some insider information on just how much more powerful this machine is. Prepare to become AMAZED!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/TheCovenant/scansresized.jpg

Teh Scans (http://mymail.graffiti.net/scripts/webhosting/main.cgi?mail_language=us&CurrentDir=/&File=tehscans.jpg&Action=download)

now i know you make think making such a boast is dumb, but has anyone heard what our industry s- called, proffessionals have been saying about the 360? they really cant tell the difference between xbox and xbox360. Poeple are going gears of war and Call of Duty 2 could have been done on the xbox, and its coming out much too early to be a true successor. Take a look at these specs and you'll see what a monster the 360 is. Just because you couldnt "SEE" the technology in the first generations games :rolleyes:, doesnt mean the system is weak. This is mostly towards g4 tech tv who are the ones making these dumb claims, and they've made them, over and over and over, so i took it upon myself to help differentiate between the two systems for all those who beleive everythi9ng tommy talarico and adam sessler say.

Nurb
05-26-2005, 05:34 PM
I happen to agree with the EGM writers, the game videos shown at E3 aren't THAT much better than SC: CT... from what I saw they've uped texture resolution, turned up AA another notch or two and cranked the specular with some more dynamic lighting. I expected much more from a next gen, but I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong when everything is finally released

TheCovenant
05-26-2005, 05:59 PM
The system was running on one third its capabilities, on g5's (macs) no less. What you saw was the system at 1/3rd. Splinter cell chaos theory on pc looked great (on an optimized pc). So did doom 3. Unreal engine 3 and the big boys at criterion have made it abundantly clear (yes most of my terminology is form halo) that even running using minimal amount of the 360's hardware, it can still bring out games that look better the the most graphically pumped up current gen pc games. If thats not next gen, then i dont know what to tell ya. If you think all the pretty pre rendered movies you saw at the ps3 booth were next gen, you're gonna be sorely dissapointed when killzone two looks no better then gears of war or and shooter of the same name.

My gripe is, you just cant base the systems capabilities based on what a few developers got going on alpha kits, not even on final hardware. And as J allard stated in an interview with g4, game developers are NOT making their games for e3. e3 is just showing of where they are in the development process, and you can preview what games are on the horizon, but bottom line, what you see at e3 is not, and should not, be taken as any means of of comparitive grounds. Thats why im laying down the specs, you wanna see true power? look at the numbers on the page, and you'll see what true power is by comparing it to the current gen.

SPCT is a good benchmark, which is superceded by many of the games shown at e3. However, i think it isnt nessesary to say that gears of war (which you can see lots more of in the unreal engine 3 demostration of last years e3) surpasses it by a lot, using 1/3rd of the power, or 25% which was stated by Shane Kim, and xbox media representative.

lllSmokelll
05-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Thats why im laying down the specs, you wanna see true power? look at the numbers on the page, and you'll see what true power is by comparing it to the current gen.

how do we kno developers used the full power of the Xbox? and how do we kno there ever gona use the xbox 360's power?

J4320
05-27-2005, 01:19 PM
how do we kno developers used the full power of the Xbox? and how do we kno there ever gona use the xbox 360's power?

Yeah that's a good point. The videos at E3 didn't impress me too much but that's definately not the 360's full power.

Shadow20002
05-27-2005, 02:14 PM
I wish we could really know about the graphics odf Xbox 360. In E3, we only saw some CG graphics of many games.

TheCovenant
05-27-2005, 10:52 PM

halo 2 is an excellent benchmark. With the broadband (in the nvidia chip), the LOD in halo two kept staggering in and out cause of the random processing. According to bungie, the xbox is pretty much maxed out with halo 2. Doom 3, and a few other titles carry better graphics cause of the processing power they dont have to dedicate to AI, and huge, huge, HUGE outdoor vistas (most of which you cant even travel too).

As true as i may hold this, you dont have to beleive me. Run nvidia chips on your comp, and download the latest benchmark for it. See how the card runs it, as your pc should be more powerful then your xbox....if not, i dont know what to tell ya :confused:

xbox has legs now, which is good because you need momentum to compete in this market, as ps2 had. I didnt expect to see its life long, as technology is getting better faster. Hell the current gen systems are embarrasing compared to the pc's out there. The upgrade was doomed to come, and to come soon, so whats a 6 month advance over sony (who is slated to debut in march of 06 in japan, fall for the us)?

OC Noob
05-28-2005, 01:02 AM
The system was running on one third its capabilities, on g5's (macs) no less. What you saw was the system at 1/3rd. Splinter cell chaos theory on pc looked great (on an optimized pc). So did doom 3. Unreal engine 3 and the big boys at criterion have made it abundantly clear (yes most of my terminology is form halo) that even running using minimal amount of the 360's hardware, it can still bring out games that look better the the most graphically pumped up current gen pc games. If thats not next gen, then i dont know what to tell ya. If you think all the pretty pre rendered movies you saw at the ps3 booth were next gen, you're gonna be sorely dissapointed when killzone two looks no better then gears of war or and shooter of the same name.

My gripe is, you just cant base the systems capabilities based on what a few developers got going on alpha kits, not even on final hardware. And as J allard stated in an interview with g4, game developers are NOT making their games for e3. e3 is just showing of where they are in the development process, and you can preview what games are on the horizon, but bottom line, what you see at e3 is not, and should not, be taken as any means of of comparitive grounds. Thats why im laying down the specs, you wanna see true power? look at the numbers on the page, and you'll see what true power is by comparing it to the current gen.

SPCT is a good benchmark, which is superceded by many of the games shown at e3. However, i think it isnt nessesary to say that gears of war (which you can see lots more of in the unreal engine 3 demostration of last years e3) surpasses it by a lot, using 1/3rd of the power, or 256% which was stated by Shane Kim, and xbox media representative.

I couldn't agree more. I'm tired of the dumbasses comparing CG's from the PS3 to alpha's on the 360 (not directed at anyone here, other forums).

There are so many idiots that think that Killzone was real game footage and they just won't be told otherwise. Anyway, Killzone didn't look that much better than any of these in game 360 games with the exception of all the character animations that you won't see in PS3 or 360 games... probably ever.

For the people who posted here (much more rational people I might add). Just take a look at a current Xbox game, take a look at DIII on a maxed out PC, take a look at any PS2 game and then look at these vids. Keep in mind that real game footage always looks worse than what you see when playing the game and keep in mind that these things are rather unrefinded still. The vids are low res too, so they look more comparable to what you see on a TV.

You will notice how much better DIII looks than anything on Xbox or PS2 and see that the videos are doing everything that DIII is doing and often times twice as much. SC looks great for Xbox, but it looks a bit like doggie doo compared to a top of the line PC playing DIII/HL2 or Far Cry.

For the Tech TV guys:

I still think Rid**** is the best looking game I've seen on a console (much better than RE:4 no matter what nintendo fanboys say) and it lacks the texture quality/res, only has about a tenth of the detail of that Prey video, doesn't have the physics or close to the scale of the Prey footage. What makes the Xbox 360 games look so bad is the poor animation. The guys look like stick figures walking around, but that will get better as developement goes on... or atleast as good as its going to get without being an animated cut scene with unique animations for evey character.

Anyway, I can see people who just see Xbox games and the videos wondering what the big deal is, but those guys on tech TV should know better and have a trained eye for PC games, console games and videos of gameplay. PC gaming blows away console gaming for gfx and the 360 out does that, so guys getting paid to do a show like that are either lying or are completely under-educated on the topics they are covering.

Variation-XBA
06-01-2005, 01:19 AM

We don't, and games usually don't push a system to it's limits till the last leg of it's cycle, look at the stuff comming for xb/ps2 now compared to a year ago.

AlphaRaptor
06-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Didn't one of the devs of GoW say: "The Xbox 360 is much more powerful than we anticipated" at the E3? So yea, that says a lot right there...

TheCovenant
06-01-2005, 04:13 PM
GoW = God of War?

vman
06-02-2005, 12:22 AM
oh, covey, i love u....

er... nice find, bro. that is truly amazing what kind of power this is gonna support.

i just have one question... is this thing turbo charge?

AlphaRaptor
06-02-2005, 09:04 AM
GoW = God of War?
= Gears of War

mattgame
06-02-2005, 11:13 AM
It just seems impossible to imagine what it can do. And then to be able to do this on Live? I may never leave my house.

thAshAdyOne
06-02-2005, 03:16 PM
man who cares about G4/Tech TV they've been trying to pollute people's minds when it comes to gaming since the start...they are evil plain and simple

Whisper
06-03-2005, 02:02 PM
It just seems impossible to imagine what it can do. And then to be able to do this on Live? I may never leave my house.

I already don't leave my house.. this will make me just lock the door from the inside and never answer the phone or door... but I agree with the people here who have said they're unimpressed so far.

OC Noob
06-04-2005, 12:46 AM
I already don't leave my house.. this will make me just lock the door from the inside and never answer the phone or door... but I agree with the people here who have said they're unimpressed so far.

I think you nd others will be very impressed come November. People may not realize it until the first Unreal 3 engine based game is running on their TV.

My thought is that people like you (how are unimpressed) should just keep an open mind and not condem the 360 till its released. If you are unimpressed then, the best thing you can do is wait for better PC technology or for the generation after the 360 and PS3, because none of these machine are going to be that much better than the others (unless Revolution sucks then everything will be better than it, lol).