PDA

View Full Version : this is NEXT GEN ?!?!?

odpr
05-29-2005, 12:36 PM
what the...
http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/view_screenshot.php?Screen_ID=16211

we all should wait..

TOTTEN
05-29-2005, 12:38 PM
what the...
http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/view_screenshot.php?Screen_ID=16211

we all should wait..
We should wait for what?
That picture looks really great. Too bad I dont like the sport game genre.

odpr
05-29-2005, 12:43 PM
look great ?
did yoi play top spin one ?

Not that of a diffrence..

vman
05-29-2005, 02:39 PM
its probably a low res screen or you could just have a bad monitor or bad gfx card. dont judge on just screens man, wait until you actually play the damn thing.

Kyle Static
05-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Top Spin (xbox)
http://www.nlgaming.com/games/548/ss07.jpg
Xbox 360
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/16212.jpg

odpr
05-29-2005, 03:28 PM
I am sorry altough the GFX is nice, it's not that amazing that people wiill rush to change systems..

blonks
05-29-2005, 03:30 PM
I am sorry altough the GFX is nice, it's not that amazing that people wiill rush to change systems..

this is a true statement, yet they are running on alpha kits... so this shouldnt be it.. i hope

MXracer721
05-29-2005, 04:55 PM
geez look at teh size of the tennis ball in the xbox pic with the guy diving for it. its frickin huge.

SamSmith
05-29-2005, 05:43 PM
geez look at teh size of the tennis ball in the xbox pic with the guy diving for it. its frickin huge.

let me introduce you to a thing called perspective ;)

when you are closer to things they appear to be larger than their backgrounds and visa-versa

MXracer721
05-29-2005, 05:47 PM

when you are closer to things they appear to be larger than their backgrounds and visa-versa
NO WAY?!?!?!?!?! when did they come up with this "perspective" u speak of?

TheCovenant
05-29-2005, 07:32 PM

im sorry although the graphics are nice, stfu. No one is changing systems for a better top spin.

LeoBreaker
05-29-2005, 07:42 PM
not all companies will make good games, remember that

ColdArmoR
05-29-2005, 08:22 PM
The 360 version looks great to me, I don't know what your smoking...

Solid Snake 015
05-29-2005, 09:10 PM
I think the 360 pic looks much better then the Xbox version. Also you should remember one thing. Think back to the first games made for Xbox... ok you got a picture in your head? ok good now think of the graphics of the new Xbox games... I rest my case. The 360 shots are patentially only about 1/3 its strength. Also these games arent even finished. Im very confident that the 360 will wow us all with the release date titles and they will only get better from that day on

Whisper
05-29-2005, 09:54 PM
hmm.. hoenstly I'm with Odpr.. not that much of an improvement.. sigh..

odpr
05-30-2005, 05:36 AM
I have to be really honest here, when the guy put the two pictures I thought that both of them belong to the new console, now that I was traveling back and forth in the forum I suddenly saw that the first pic is s from the original Xbox ,OMG my statement is even more true now, can you really say that the first pic is bad d compare to the second one?
I even think the first one is even better!

m4oH
05-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I agree with you guys that the pics aren't much of a difference. However they aren't completed and screenshots always look crappy compared to the game.

J4320
05-31-2005, 12:09 PM

Well judging at how close he is to the ball that perspective is WAY off. :whistle:

Duke
05-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Posting in an anti Xbox odpr thread.

Wolf
05-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Well judging at how close he is to the ball that perspective is WAY off. :whistle:

what are you talking about "how close he is"?

I don't see how you determined that he is close to the ball.

you can't see the ball's shadow, but if you could then you would have a point.

realistically, the shadow would be outside of the screenshot.

why am I even arguing about this :bang:

ColdArmoR
05-31-2005, 04:32 PM
I have to be really honest here, when the guy put the two pictures I thought that both of them belong to the new console, now that I was traveling back and forth in the forum I suddenly saw that the first pic is s from the original Xbox ,OMG my statement is even more true now, can you really say that the first pic is bad d compare to the second one?

I seriously suggest you lay off the bong water and open your eyes. Look at the ****ing blockyness of the xbox screen, and notce theamount of detail in the 360 one.

TheCovenant
05-31-2005, 05:56 PM
may i remind you poeple that Fusion Frenzy used to be next gen.

m4oH
05-31-2005, 06:00 PM
may i remind you that in a couple years we'll look back at the early 360 such as prey and say the same thing you just said about fusion.

TheCovenant
05-31-2005, 06:26 PM
may i remind you that in a couple years we'll look back at the early 360 such as prey and say the same thing you just said about fusion.

so you look back at doa3 and say its unimpressive? hmm, no fuzion didnt take advantage of the xbox hardware, just like top spin isnt. NOt all games are striving for photorealism, as the xbox launch showed. Some games just want to jump on the launch bandwagon and make millions just because they're the only ones available. How many other tennis games are launching? And how many companies are competing for best graphics in a tennis game?

Its top spin for god sakes. Everyone who is underwhlemed by a tennis game, needs to take up playing other games. In 5 or 6 years, prey will still be impressive, just like DOA3 is impressive today. Its not at the peak of gaming graphics, but it still holds it own against modern games that dont look as good, and definatly against games in its own time. I still look at the quake 3 engine as imressive, just because of all it did in its time.

l Maximus l
06-01-2005, 02:42 AM
I was thinking the same thing when I first saw Top Spin 2. It didn't look like that much of an improvement. But, I also know that all screenshots for the 360 don't necessarily represent the final product. I would be surprised if it was...if Microsoft is going to boast about the 360 being such a powerhouse machine, they need to back themselves up with powerhouse visuals. With the power of the new 360, one would think that we are pretty close to photorealistic graphics...just look at PGR 3...wow

OC Noob
06-02-2005, 12:37 AM

either you are looking only at the ground and the character model or you are blind. Looking at everything in the backgrounds it looks like Unreal 1 compared to HL2. I may have to agree with the bong water statement.

"OH NO... one alpha screen shoot of a tennis game isn't spectacular so the new system sux!!!"

Dude, you're a flaky beotch.

Or is that Flakey beotch?

ShaDovV RyDer
06-02-2005, 08:10 AM
What about the lighting??? What about the crowd in the background??? or the Muscles, or the racket(SP) and that's just an alpha kit screenshot.

Oh wait this is a tennis game isn't it. Well there lies part of the problem why you don't think it looks that good, they aren't competing with anyone else so you have no other game to compare it too.

Oh snap I just realized that this is also just a screenshot and everyone with half a brain knows that screenshots can't capture the true beautifulness of a game.

Ninjermy
06-02-2005, 09:01 AM
How can you guys say that isn't alot of improvement? IT LOOKS FREAKIN AMAZING! Plus its only a screenshot, show us some ingame movement, THEN come back and complain if its still "weak".

Plewis
06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
xbox could pull off those graphics. When I read about xbox 360 it gets me excited, but when I actually see the screens for it I'm disappointed.

Either the dev's just aren't taking advantage of 360s hardware, or we're in for four more years of a slightly upgraded xbox.

spike spiegel
06-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Wow the 360 one just looks so much better that it reminds me almost of PS1 to PS2 graphics change, not to mention the fact that the xbox 360 has alot more RAM and all that Jazz remember it's not only the graphics that are improved XD