PDA

View Full Version : Prey

skorp
05-27-2005, 11:25 PM
No need to pray now. Check our exclusive direct-feed demo of the scorchingly hot game running in realtime.

PREY (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/play?files=http://ads.ign.com/videoads/streaming/jeepfanatics_051805_wmvlow.wmv;http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox360/article/620/620268/Prey_E3_2005_wmvlow.wmv&width=320&height=301)

Read the interview with Human Head Studios' Project Lead Chris Rhinehart and Art Director Rowan Atalla about the game's basis, back story, lead character at IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/620/620172p1.html).

That game looks crazy... :)

Ghost
05-27-2005, 11:45 PM
wow next gen is gonna kick ass!

TheCovenant
05-28-2005, 12:17 AM
yaaaaaay

http://bunnyhollow.org/vacation/mazeltovbunnycr.jpg

my dear god. I was just happy about the video, but now that i saw it...my dear god. Ive never seen a world that's so alien, it felt like the first time i saw event horizon, or alien, or predator. I m just so filled with, i dont know. Fear, and anxiousness. That was amazing, that was really amazing. Good to know 3d realms hasnt lost their touch. Man that was amazing. I think that was the most impressive video ive seen thus far, even more so than gears of war.

I actually backe dup from my screen and said "om my god" when he was looking in the window and he saw those two little kids...that was just, oh my god. i dont know how to describe how im feeling...so much for editorial staff :rolleyes: :confused:

Solid Snake 015
05-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I need to go change my pants. I wonder if PS3 has any in game footage like that... oh wait they dont even have the hardware for the systerm yet and there really good at estimating at what the specs might be. Enough said welcome to the NeXbox-360 generation

OC Noob
05-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Dude, thats a sweet video!

Thats what DIII should have been like.

odpr
05-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh no another FPS ....

welp I mean ...the last time Xbox had an fps was before a ....MIN...
Every min another fps is coming out and every body is excited ...what is difference in this game then halo ?

Oh I see the weapon here is yellow instead of blue!!
let's BUY IT!!

SamSmith
05-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Oh no another FPS ....

Every min another fps is coming out and every body is excited ...what is difference in this game then halo ?

let's BUY IT!!

i have noticed that you seem to propose naiive and stupid theorys. its like saying Driv3r is the exact same as GTA... that statement speaks for itself

i agree that the xbox boasted more FPS titles, but the xbox360 has already shown that this will not be the case.

and to be honest who cares if there is loads of FPS titles, as long as they impress like this one im quite happy. but the key is balance, and thats what we will see with the 360.

.................. but my god, that video was amazing!! and .... the children at the end :yikes: that was ... scary to say the least.

this game = i want

Anthony4sho
05-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Looks like Doom.

m4oH
05-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I was a little confused what was going on. Like when he warped into the guy with a bow and arrow and then back to himself.

TOTTEN
05-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Oh no another FPS ....

let's BUY IT!!
Please STFU :rolleyes:

The graphics look great but the game doesnt look very fun to play.

Huckleberry
05-28-2005, 03:57 PM
it looks awesome to me...like it would actually have some real tension in it...and creepiness, like cov said. it looks like more story than just an average shooter might have.

Bakeman
05-29-2005, 02:28 AM
What confuses the hell out of me is how anyone can say that doesn't look that good...

you have to be freaking completely insane to think that doesn't look good...

Everything about that game from what I saw tops Halo2 beyond imagination (graphics and single player stuff only of course).. I loved when he was shooting those guys with their naked butts lol that was kinda funny, but did you see when the bullets were hitting them.. wowzer

I liked those warp things where the aliens (or whatever they are) were coming out of, and then you could go into .. and then those levels where the gravity was changing.. and he could be upside down.. then hit the button and everything fell to the ground again... just cool! Single player looks fun as hell in that game.

RockTheCasba
05-29-2005, 01:30 PM
this game looks pretty sweet. It has got me interested.

Prey (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/620/620172p1.html)

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/614/614775/prey-20050516070637805.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/614/614775/prey-20050516070644508.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/614/614775/prey-20050516070646055.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/614/614775/prey-20050516070647461.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/614/614775/prey-20050516070648820.jpg

rpgreligion
05-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Eh. I'm getting kind of sick of the whole futuristic alien/monster scene, which looks like what a great deal of next-gen games are going to consist of. At least it looks pretty.

Plewis
05-29-2005, 02:20 PM
all I get when I open that is a videogame version of a jeep commercial... can someone update the link?

vman
05-29-2005, 02:32 PM
y couldnt you put these in the thread along with the movie?

Kyle Static
05-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Yup, those are some awesome screens dude...but probably move em into the Video thread for Prey :)

BlindSniper
05-29-2005, 10:23 PM
The jeep commercial for some reason comes before the 10 minute of in game video, just wait after the commercial is done.

That looks amazing. This doesn't seem to be your average seek and destroy fps type mission. It has some puzzles to it from what I've seen, a really deep story line, good action and looks very creepy. I'm suprised they utilized the death of kids and such in it, but it looks very good.

Although, for those with easily obtained motion sickness or what not, this doesn't look like their game. Seems there is lots of going upside down and defying gravity and all that good stuff. Cool, thanks for the link.

TheCovenant
05-30-2005, 12:46 AM
The jeep commercial for some reason comes before the 10 minute of in game video, just wait after the commercial is done.

That looks amazing. This doesn't seem to be your average seek and destroy fps type mission. It has some puzzles to it from what I've seen, a really deep story line, good action and looks very creepy. I'm suprised they utilized the death of kids and such in it, but it looks very good.

Although, for those with easily obtained motion sickness or what not, this doesn't look like their game. Seems there is lots of going upside down and defying gravity and all that good stuff. Cool, thanks for the link.

The kids thing got to you too huh? is it even legal? shooting little kids are having horrificly gory deaths of small children seems to be big enough to tip the scales in the politics of video games...the game does look good as hell though.

m4oH
05-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah, that game looks tight as hell. I can't wait. I don't understand why everyone complains about more FPS?

Nurb
05-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Looks like Doom.
yea, just about anything that uses the doom3 engine looks like a mod for the game, including this and quake 4. I don't know why it makes it makes me less interested, but it does

rpgreligion
05-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that game looks tight as hell. I can't wait. I don't understand why everyone complains about more FPS?

Probably because its always nice to have a little variety, instead of focusing so heavily on one genre. Don't get me wrong, I love me an FPS but I wish that they would at least get a new theme to work on besides human vs. alien, alien vs. human, blah blah blah. Then from time to time we'll have a World War II FPS, with the same basic gameplay and the same basic storyline. What happened to originality? :)

mattgame
05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Looks too damn good to be true

Anthony4sho
05-31-2005, 05:56 AM
yea, just about anything that uses the doom3 engine looks like a mod for the game, including this and quake 4. I don't know why it makes it makes me less interested, but it does

It's not even that. It's the demonic looking enemies and dark surroundings that make it look like Doom. Nevertheless, there was nothing I saw in the video that just makes me want to play that game. I'm tired of all the sorry FPS on the Xbox. Microsoft needs to pull something out of their asses quick.

Nurb
05-31-2005, 08:42 PM
It's not even that. It's the demonic looking enemies and dark surroundings that make it look like Doom. Nevertheless, there was nothing I saw in the video that just makes me want to play that game. I'm tired of all the sorry FPS on the Xbox. Microsoft needs to pull something out of their asses quick.
or at least shooters that aren't realeased on the PC as well

sepheliroth
05-31-2005, 09:08 PM
looks cool - the halo series has spoiled me. now i want gameplay to always be that refined.

Plewis
06-01-2005, 12:06 AM
hmmmm... doesn't impress me, seemed only slightly better than what the xbox can do.

RockTheCasba
06-01-2005, 12:19 AM
u serious? i thought it looks glorious and seems that it will be a pretty sweet game

TheCovenant
06-01-2005, 12:20 AM
hmmmm... doesn't impress me, seemed only slightly better than what the xbox can do.

wow. You must have lucked out and gotten the "Super-Xbox" when you baught your xbox, cause xbox cant come close to that.

Plewis
06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
The game looks like it sucks too. :)

TheCovenant
06-01-2005, 04:16 PM
The game looks like it sucks too. :)

i reccomend one of these...

http://www.pvpusd.k12.ca.us/sspur/graphics/pandora2.JPG

thrAsher
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh no another FPS ....

let's BUY IT!!
I heartily agree. Getting another FPS, this gen or next, means nothing to me. They've been done to death and I'm sick of 'em, personally. I like the ones I own, but prefer to play a mixture of games. Only shooter I have my eyes on at all right now is Conker, and that's mostly because it's a Rare game, I never played it on the N64, and it looks like it'll be a funny, violent romp.

And Totten, I don't believe 'STFU' is a very upstanding way to speak to members when you're a moderator. Show some respect, man.

TheCovenant
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
I heartily agree. Getting another FPS, this gen or next, means nothing to me. They've been done to death and I'm sick of 'em, personally. I like the ones I own, but prefer to play a mixture of games. Only shooter I have my eyes on at all right now is Conker, and that's mostly because it's a Rare game, I never played it on the N64, and it looks like it'll be a funny, violent romp.

And Totten, I don't believe 'STFU' is a very upstanding way to speak to members when you're a moderator. Show some respect, man.

I dont look at it in terms of genre, i look at it in terms of fun. The game looks fun. How' its presented i couldnt care less about. If it was a topdown sidescroller (3/4 isometric or whatever) i wouldn't care, as long as it looked fun. This game brings a slew of new things to the table, including level of immersion. The warp thing, the gravity thing, and the story telling thing. Great scripteed events here, iand i cant wait.

However, thrashy i can see where you're coming frm. The perspective can get tiresom at times. I stay away from shooters that will simply dilute the sensation with crappy feelings, but once in awhile i do get bored of FPS. I have plenty of other games i play thogh, so the boredom doesnt last long, and in a few days im ready to pick up halo 2, or doom 3, or half life 2 again.

Which btw, halo 2's campaign is way more fun then i first thouoght. I play through it a lot now. Just thought id throw that in.

Plewis
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
I watched the video again... it just doesn't impress me. Give me something new, not another game using the doom engine.

TheCovenant
06-01-2005, 06:20 PM
I watched the video again... it just doesn't impress me. Give me something new, not another game using the doom engine.

quake fou-

hmm. Kameo?