PDA

View Full Version : I wanna know

Spike Minoda
02-16-2002, 01:18 AM
I heard that Xbox has a fault in it that it overheats and gets screwed up. I heard it in January and I want to know if it is true or not, because it is keeping me waiting. Please let me know...
DanieLudacris

DT21
02-16-2002, 01:21 AM
False, no overheating problems.

Afro Aura
02-16-2002, 04:46 AM
No the XBOX can't heat up, it has two fans inside it, and I've never been able to dry my clothes on it.

TRUE_GAMER
02-16-2002, 06:13 AM
That is not true what-so-ever. I think of things like that sometimes. But My xbox has yet to overheat.

Nato King
02-16-2002, 07:22 AM
All these newbs that come out on this site with false information I wonder how do they come up with this stuff. They must all seat in a room and think how can we bring down the xbox.
Stuff like this just makes me mad:mad:
But like I said before they are newbs and need to be tought all the right things.
Just like a baby learning to walk it must crawl first.
While it is good to have you here and to answer you question, NO the xbox does not over heat.

xboxpebbles
02-16-2002, 11:13 AM
sometimes my xbox is on all day
while im playing games, watching a
dvd, or just
am playing my soundtracks..
i always worry and check to
see, but its never even hot!!
the enormous fans do their job
well...:)

Afro Aura
02-16-2002, 01:30 PM
God!!! how long does it take to dry my underpants, I've had them on this XBOX from November and there still wet, who said that I could get them dry on top of my XBOX.... I'll kill him

XBOXgamer13
02-16-2002, 10:33 PM
only fanboys of anothers system say that xbox were overheating type of problems. Right now, there's no official news that xbox got overheating problems.

TRUE_GAMER
02-19-2002, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xboxpebbles
[B]sometimes my xbox is on all day
while im playing games, watching a
dvd, or just
am playing my soundtracks..
i always worry and check to
see, but its never even hot!!
the enormous fans do their job
well...:)

I sometimes find myself checking to see if it's hot but it never is. But I always give it at least a 10 min rest after a couple hours of play.

Toder
02-19-2002, 01:33 AM
i have never seen my xbox overheat, but i have seen a PS2 do it.
I was over at my friends house and we were midnight club for ps2. When someone walked across the room and trip over a controller cord thus knocking over his ps2. after that his ps2 would overheat after a couple minutes of play. and so now he has to have a huge box fan sit behind ps2 so he can play.

I think Microsoft took care of this kind of problem by making a larger and heavier game system that can't been knocked over. Plus the controllers come with a quick release that will pause the game if someone trips over them.

Afro Aura
02-19-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Toder
i have never seen my xbox overheat, but i have seen a PS2 do it.
I was over at my friends house and we were midnight club for ps2. When someone walked across the room and trip over a controller cord thus knocking over his ps2. after that his ps2 would overheat after a couple minutes of play. and so now he has to have a huge box fan sit behind ps2 so he can play.

I think Microsoft took care of this kind of problem by making a larger and heavier game system that can't been knocked over. Plus the controllers come with a quick release that will pause the game if someone trips over them.
Yep I agree with that, they go it going on over there in Microsoft.

fear_this
02-19-2002, 08:26 AM
Actually just yesterday, after playing my x-box, i was messing around wiht the internet hoiok up with it and under it , it was all hot n stuff. Well not hot but warm. Should i like put it up on something instead on on the floor? :confused:

GokuX
02-19-2002, 11:37 AM
Yes, it's probably a good idea to not set your Xbox on the floor. Firstly, cuz it could accidentally get bumped and secondly because depending on your carpet fibers' length you may be keeping heat from dissapating properly. Better to have it on a flat smooth surface.

robnyack
02-19-2002, 11:41 AM
All these newbs that come out on this site with false information I wonder how do they come up with this stuff.

ps2 owners.

Whisper
02-19-2002, 11:48 AM
REPLY TO: Yes, it's probably a good idea to not set your Xbox on the floor. Firstly, cuz it could accidentally get bumped and secondly because depending on your carpet fibers' length you may be keeping heat from dissapating properly. Better to have it on a flat smooth surface.
---------------------------------

So than it CAN overheat... well, only if you're stupid enough to lay it in huge dust bunnies and fibers... just trim your carpet man...

whoops... did that come out wrong?

JJaX
02-19-2002, 11:53 AM
Mines been on since November :D

batman46st
02-19-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
Actually just yesterday, after playing my x-box, i was messing around wiht the internet hoiok up with it and under it , it was all hot n stuff. Well not hot but warm. Should i like put it up on something instead on on the floor? :confused:

i bought a rack with holes to put it on top of so that i wouldnt go through any problems havnt yet and ive played for 8 hours every sat and sometims during the week when my boys come over.

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 12:44 PM
I have played countless consecutive hours on mine and no overheating problems whatsoever.

I've even placed my XBox inside my microwave oven and placed the oven on high heat, and then shoved it in my scorching fireplace for several hours, took it out, and flew to the Mohavi desert, let it bake in the sun for a solid week, blew hot air on it, took a flame thrower to it...and STILL no overheating :D

GokuX
02-19-2002, 12:51 PM
So than it CAN overheat... well, only if you're stupid enough to lay it in huge dust bunnies and fibers... just trim your carpet man...

whoops... did that come out wrong?

Well no, just cuz U set it on your carpet doesn't mean it will overheat, it will just get warmer unless U have a carpet that has 6 inch fibers. My first reason was the more important of the two I stated: it might accidentally get bumped. The Xbox manual doesn't say anything against setting it on the carpet like the Dreamcast manual did. The DC had vents on the bottom so they had to be clear of blockage. The Xbox has no vents on the underside plate. However, it does have vents beneath the controller ports. If ure a fool and wrap a sweater around your Xbox it will overheat. As a general rule its always good to keep electronic components off of the floor.