PDA

View Full Version : GameCube Vs Xbox

Mr.XboxLover
02-16-2002, 04:46 AM
Hi,

I am new to the forums, so a big hello to everyone out there in Xbox land!

I live in the UK and Xbox will be released officially on the 14th of March! :mad: And GameCube not too long after!

I have already preordered my Xbox, but as you have GameCube in many other countries already I was wondering what peoples opinions of it were. I have been reading many leading UK websites over here and they all seem to be highly biased to GameCube. Yet when reading peoples opinions of it they dont seem to say it is very good.

Well apparently the GameCube has less performance than a PS2, why create something less powerful than the rest of the market is waaay beyond me.

So, Xbox rules in its own right! How is GameCube fareing out in the console market. Have you seen its controllers, laughable or wot! lol. I think they need to employ a new design team.

Tell me what you think of GameCube please, especially if you have played on it. Can't wait for my Xbox on the 14th - EXCITED! I have ordered, Gotham Racing... Fuzion Frenzy... DOA3 and Halo, what else should i be looking out for?

Thanks for all your time,

Mr.XboxLover

TRUE_GAMER
02-16-2002, 06:11 AM
I agree the xbox rules over the cube. I have 13 games for my box and only three for my cube. I'm just waiting for the really good games to come out for the cube. But as far as the cube haveing less power then the ps2 that is not correct. Power wise it's Xbox, cube, then the ps2. I really don't like the feel of cube controller, to small I guess, every time I go to press start I can't find the **** thing, I have to avert my eyes just to find it. But games you should out for also are Genma(must have), Wreckless(much replay), Fever(must have a football game, get this one). Oh yeah welcome to this kick ass forum. This is the best site dedicated to
the Xbox, and you will soon find this out. C-ya

Mr.XboxLover
02-16-2002, 06:20 AM
Hi,

Thanks for such a quick reply. I have been searching for Xbox sites for a long time, and this is by faaar the best I have ever seen, including Xbox's own site.

It is so good to hear from someone who isnt biased towards one or the other as such. Ine the UK it seems Xbox will be a quick hit then fade whilst GameCube will be an instant hit. I hope it will not be the case. Thanks for the list of games, I will check out the reviews.

I am waiting for Mortal Kombat to put both systems to the test. The graphics on Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance are like nothing i have seen before. Im sure it will be a huge hit in the gaming world.

Thanks again for your reply!

:)

Mr.XboxLover

Nato King
02-16-2002, 07:11 AM
Whatz up and welcome to xboxaddict.com. Like I said before and I will say it again this site is the best and what is the best today will always be the best. Yes just like TRUE_GAMER said Genma Onimusha, Wreckless, and Fever are all good game. But if you don't get your hands on Max Payne for xbox you have not seen nothing yet.

While it is good to have you here and I hope to see you online so we can team up pretty soon.

Serg_W:)

Mr.XboxLover
02-16-2002, 08:05 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your more than warm welcome Serg. I wish I could play you online, but Broadband is not available in my area. It is only available in the inner city areas around here. It will be a long time before i can play online :mad: I dont believe Xbox would do a 56k solution, and i can see why not as well. Having been a TF master on my 56k line, id love to see what I can do with my Xbox on broadband.

Max Payne have played it on PS2... just wen you thought games could not get anymore awesome! The graphics are stunning!!! <scream>!!!

I want my Xbox so bad, I could buy one now for about £500 = $750 but that would be a total rip off in my opinion, I'll wait the 3 weeks or so till I get mine. Things are ever so much more expensive here in the UK, business' here import everything because its cheaper!!! I have preordered:

Xbox Console
Extra Official Game Pad
DVD Remote Control thingy
Halo - Dont have a clue what its like!
DOA3 - Just saw the graphics!
Gotham Racing - I love cars!
Fuzion Frenzy - For those all night parties!

There isnt really a hype about any of the ew consoles in the UK, we all drink tea and watch eastenders, lol.

Hope to see you around in the forums!

Mr. XboxLover

Afro Aura
02-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Mr.XboxLover
Hi,

I am new to the forums, so a big hello to everyone out there in Xbox land!

I live in the UK and Xbox will be released officially on the 14th of March! :mad: And GameCube not too long after!

Well apparently the GameCube has less performance than a PS2, why create something less powerful than the rest of the market is waaay beyond me.

So, Xbox rules in its own right! How is GameCube fareing out in the console market. Have you seen its controllers, laughable or wot! lol. I think they need to employ a new design team.

Mr.XboxLover

Hi Mr XboxLover welcome, your information about the Game Cube is not quite right the Game Cube is a LOT more powerful that the PS2. If you've ever seen Rogue Squadon on the GC that will show you how powerful the GC is the graphic s are AMAZING and in order I would say the XBOX, GC and the PS2

XBOX = Halo
Game Cube = Rogue Squadon
PS2 = err hmm ah..no..maybe..hmm.. Tekken maybe, you tell me

Anyway have fun with the XBOX when you get it and make sure you get the best game on this planet HALO!!!

Xboxfan123
02-16-2002, 09:05 AM
I know you are going to enjoy your Xbox. With the built in hard drive, great graphics, good quality DVD player and tons of new games coming out you can't lose.

I live in Canada and the Xbox sells for $525CDN including tax. And games cost about $85 tax included. The remote was over $50. Am I happy I bought the Xbox? You bet.

One word of caution. You may want to rent Fuzion Frenzy first as the game is not for everyone's taste. By the way, I don't have Halo but it's scored about 9\10 by reviewers. I hear it's like watching a movie. The graphics are that good. ENJOY. :)

Mr.XboxLover
02-16-2002, 09:25 AM
Thanks to you both for your more than helpful insight into the Xbox!

XboxFan - Well I certainly look forward to Halo. Im almost scared about how powerful it is, lol. I can just see me switching it on and passing out and being stunned, lol. I have read the reviews of Fusion Frenzy and single player mode is apparently very dissappointing, but apparently its great fun as a team game, so I have ordered it. Renting is far more difficutl than you might think here in the UK, especially where I live. It is very reassuring to hear from people such as yourself who do not regret buying it, and infact couldnt have wished for a better system. Thank you for your post :cool:

Afro - Thanks for putting me straight about the GameCube, it is what I heard from some forum or other. Here in the UK Nintendo must have paid all the leading sites or something because Xbox is just hardly talked about and when it is nothing factual to say it is worse is said but a bunch of twoddle I have never heard before! I wish Nintendo the best of luck and hope Xbox and GameCube can live in equilibrium. I have played some games on GameCube and it looked good, shame about that awful controller! I am sure I would have enjoyed the experience alot more if I could have got to grips with the controller. According to the leading UK sites the controller is far better than the Xbox's - R_U_B_B_I_S_H!! How much are Nintendo paying them!!!

Thank you both for your valuable posts!

Mr. XboxLover

thunderkiss2k1
02-16-2002, 12:37 PM
Hi,

Thanks for such a quick reply. I have been searching for Xbox sites for a long time, and this is by faaar the best I have ever seen, including Xbox's own site.

It is so good to hear from someone who isnt biased towards one or the other as such. Ine the UK it seems Xbox will be a quick hit then fade whilst GameCube will be an instant hit. I hope it will not be the case. Thanks for the list of games, I will check out the reviews.

I am waiting for Mortal Kombat to put both systems to the test. The graphics on Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance are like nothing i have seen before. Im sure it will be a huge hit in the gaming world.

Thanks again for your reply!

Hello and welcome. FYI: Im sure you've heard of the game Halo and its extremely detailed graphics and multiplayer aspects. It should interest you to know that this game only utilized about 30 to 40 percent of the XBOX's capabilities. And yeah, the gamecube is an okay system, if you like Nintendo games. lol, j/k.

Mr.XboxLover

fear_this
02-16-2002, 01:03 PM
Its kinda the Wrong Forum Newbie! :mad: But anyway. Hi.

Mr.XboxLover
02-16-2002, 01:39 PM
Hi,

Fear - Im sowwy. Please forgive me, i discovered the Vs forums afterwards. After reading them, I am glad i posted here instead. The posts in them get a little hot headed and people are too busy screaming at each other to gie a clear unbias answer!

Thunder - Only 40% of it capabilities! That is astonishing really! I have heard so much about it! I wonder what 100% would look like! Scary Stuff!

Thanks for your posts!

Mr.XboxLover

Afro Aura
02-16-2002, 02:01 PM

Max Payne have played it on PS2... just wen you thought games could not get anymore awesome! The graphics are stunning!!! <scream>!!!

Xbox Console
Extra Official Game Pad
DVD Remote Control thingy
Halo - Dont have a clue what its like!
Dead or Alive 3
Fuzion Frenzy - For those all night parties!

Mr. XboxLover

You wait untill you see Max Payne on the XBOX it's soooo smooth
HALO aarrrggghhh what are you saying it's a FPS (First Person Shooter think of Doom or Quake, Halo is King!!! on Halo there are some demos and one of them is Fuzion Freny so play and have fun, but saying that I have an imported XBOX but I'm sure it'll be on there I hope
Dead or Alive 3 I hear there going to but in new moves and costumes and I hope it plays a little better than my US version

Anyway I'm getting a UK XBOX soon as the colour is better on a PAL XBOX as we have more lines

Mr.XboxLover
02-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Hello again Afro!

I have seen the graphics from screenshots, and I sort of expected more. Maybe its just the poor screenshots I have seen. We'll have to see. I could get an import for £500, I could afford it but i think I'll save my money!

Im eagerly awaiting Max Payne on Xbox, I have heard it is incredible. Well the screenshots made me gasp!

Anyway, im glad you enjoy Halo, im sure I will too.

"Anyway I'm getting a UK XBOX soon as the colour is better on a PAL XBOX as we have more lines" What is a PAL BOX, are all the UK ones PAL BOXES? Im sorry i dont know anything about consoles really or anything technical. Bring back the Sega Megadrive - I could understand that, lol.

See you soon

Mr.XboxLover

Shadow Fox
02-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Tell me what you think of GameCube please, especially if you have played on it. Can't wait for my Xbox on the 14th - EXCITED! I have ordered, Gotham Racing... Fuzion Frenzy... DOA3 and Halo, what else should i be looking out for?
Ok, GameCube (just like Xbox) is pretty much what you make of it. It can be a port-machine (hell, both systems are getting their fair amount of PS2 games), or it can be an exclusive powerhouse (Rogue Leader, Smash Bros, RE4, Eternal Darkness, Too Human, Star Fox Adventures, Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, etc). Pretty much, if you don't like the controller, and can't see yourself getting used to it, don't get one, or get a PS2 pad converter. Capcom will be developing a fighter pad/joystick for it's upcoming titles, but this probably won't sway you.

On the other hand, Xbox is a great system. Halo, Max Payne, PGR, Mad Dash, Silent Hill 2, and NFL Fever are excellent titles. Once again with the controller thing, if you can't see yourself getting used to it, get a third-party controller or PS2 pad converter. Xbox too has it's share of ports (Madden, Live, SSX, THPS2x/3, Batman: Vengeance), so it works both ways. You see a game you like on PS2? Chances are (if it's not GT3 or FFX) that it will appear on Xbox or GameCube.

I have both systems, and both are great for what they do. I never have any problems playing any cool games, as both consoles have got me covered so far. Down the line this year, it will only get better as titles like Project Ego, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Kameo, Morrowind, Zelda, and Malice surface.;)

BTW, welcome to the forums, mate.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Mr.XboxLover
02-16-2002, 03:47 PM
Thank you Shadow

I have noted your points - but I have already pre-ordered my Xbox and plan to stick with it. I was just wondering about the GameCube as well.

Yours,

Mr.XboxLover

Ps. Some Ninja guy was looking for you!!! He seems pretty pi$$ed off!

monkeyman
02-16-2002, 03:50 PM
there both great systems welcome to the best xbox site on the net and also have fun with your xbox:D

Mr.XboxLover
02-16-2002, 03:58 PM
Thank you very much :p

Hope you are having fun too!

Mr.XboxLover

Heyyoudvd
02-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Like many people have already said, they're both great systems.
I prefer Gamecube, but Xbox has some great game, too.

If I were you, I'd wait a few months, then get a Gamecube when Eternal Darkness and Star Fox Adventures come out, since those are most likely going to be amazing games. (I'm not sure when they come out in Europe, but in North America, SFA is out June 10th and ED is out June 24th).

So, to sum up, if you have a Gamecube and Xbox, you'll get the best of both worlds. You'll be able to get great games like Halo, Project Ego, and Morrowing, plus, you'll be able to get some classic Nintedo franchise games like Mario Zelda, Conker, Perfect Dark etc....

BTW, I think the Gamecube controller is really good. If you the hands of a basketball player, it might be a bit small, but otherwise, it's really comfortable.

monkeyman
02-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
Like many people have slready said, they're both great systems.
I prefer Gamecube, but Xbox has some great game, too.

If I were you, I'd wait a few months, then get a Gamecube when Eternal Darkness and Star Fox Adventures come out, since those are most likely going to be amazing games. (I'm not sure when they come out in Europe, but in North America, SFA is out June 10th and ED is out June 24th).

So, to sum up, if you have a Gamecube and Xbox, you'll get the best of both worlds. You'll be able to get great games like Halo, Project Ego, and Morrowing, plus, you'll be able to get some classic Nintedo franchise games like Mario Zelda, Conker, Perfect Dark etc....

BTW, I think the Gamecube controller is really good. If you the hands of a basketball player, it might be a bit small, but otherwise, it's really comfortable.

no dont listen to him hes trying to lure you into the gc side!!!!!!! run run run!!!!!! xbox get that not gc and the gc controller is to small trust me its very small ive played with it and my hands are like a bball players hand xbox contoller=lovley gameplay

gula
02-16-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman

no dont listen to him hes trying to lure you into the gc side!!!!!!! run run run!!!!!! xbox get that not gc and the gc controller is to small trust me its very small ive played with it and my hands are like a bball players hand xbox contoller=lovley gameplay

No **** he always goes for the GC side, because he can't afford an XBox so he just goes on the GC side everytime.

Is it me or does Eternal Darkness look like crap? :rolleyes:

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/eternaldarkness/eternalinthedark2.jpg

Look at her chest area, and he arms, ehhh...

If I had to pick Hunter or Eternal Darkness...I would definatly pick Hunter.

nik2deep
02-16-2002, 06:12 PM
Hi,

I have ordered, Gotham Racing... Fuzion Frenzy... DOA3 and Halo, what else should i be looking out for?

Mr.XboxLover

You call yourself a gamer.....Fuzion frenzy..c'mon man....you get dropped on your head when you were born....do you roll your eyes in the back of your head and clap wildly when you see flashing lights??? this game is for clowns...people who like mashing on buttons....stereotypical gamers...****in me off...

do yourself and the rest of the world a favor.....if you get that game break it in half...

now for your other picks...

doa3 is ok..but good because you can change the name of your xbox with it...wich is always fun...especially if you go on gamespy to play HALO...which is all you need..

nuff said

oh yeah..and gotham racing is cool for like a day

nik2deep
02-16-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman

GC...you are retarded..you like brand new outdated equipment...and colorful buttons...WEEEEEE.....TART!!!

Shadow Fox
02-17-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by nik2deep

GC...you are retarded..you like brand new outdated equipment...and colorful buttons...WEEEEEE.....TART!!! Is this guy talking about Xbox or GCN here; both controllers have "colorful buttons"; what's this guy smokin'???

Frostberg
02-17-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Is this guy talking about Xbox or GCN here; both controllers have "colorful buttons"; what's this guy smokin'???

Good question, because he is also making fun of monkeyman...but monkeyman is making fun of the gc controller as well...

thunderkiss2k1
02-17-2002, 01:15 AM
Let's assume for the sake of argument he is talking about Gamecube.

Mr.XboxLover
02-17-2002, 05:07 AM
I have already preordered my Xbox and I aint cancelling!!!

What is the point of my quitting my Xbox order to get a ***Cube which hasnt got hardly any games and wont have till summer over here!

Vive Les Xbox!!!!

GameCube controllers are the must gut wrenching thing I have ever seen in my life!!! And they feel like a barbie accessorie.

Thanks for all your posts :)

Leave Fuzion Frenzy alone! Its great for me and my mates to play on!!! Its a laugh! And wen did I call myself a gamer you jerk <nik2deep>!! If you aint got anything decent to post why bother!!!

Mr.XboxLover

Shadow Fox
02-17-2002, 10:22 AM
I have already preordered my Xbox and I aint cancelling!!!

What is the point of my quitting my Xbox order to get a ***Cube which hasnt got hardly any games and wont have till summer over here!

Vive Les Xbox!!!!

GameCube controllers are the must gut wrenching thing I have ever seen in my life!!! And they feel like a barbie accessorie.

Leave Fuzion Frenzy alone! Its great for me and my mates to play on!!! Its a laugh! And wen did I call myself a gamer you jerk <nik2deep>!! If you aint got anything decent to post why bother!!!

Mr.XboxLover You're from the UK, right? Then GameCube won't be out there until May. But when it does get there, 60 titles will be available, although you'll have to wait on Eternal Darkness and StarFox Adventures. Smash DX, Batman: Dark Tomorrow, THPS3, Agent Under Fire, NBA2k2, Madden 2002, Fifa, SSX, Cel Damage, Wrestlemania X8 and Burnout will all be available then- technically you guys will have the best console launch ever software-wise. Just letting you know; some of your mates may pick up a GCN, so you might wanna try those games if they do.;)

Also, you lucky bastards get Yager for Xbox- it may never come stateside...:mad:

monkeyman
02-17-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by nik2deep

GC...you are retarded..you like brand new outdated equipment...and colorful buttons...WEEEEEE.....TART!!!

dude you idiot hahaha

Frostberg
02-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox

Also, you lucky bastards get Yager for Xbox- it may never come stateside...:mad:

It will...OXM would of had no reason to put it on the disc if it wasnt....

Shadow Fox
02-17-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg

It will...OXM would of had no reason to put it on the disc if it wasnt.... As soon as I see the announcement for it, I'll beleive you. Not trying to be a prick; just don't wanna get my hopes up...

Frostberg
02-17-2002, 10:56 AM
huh? The video is in the March issue, which is out now...
http://www.xboxaddict.com/oxm/March_2002/
The very last thing under special features...

Shadow Fox
02-17-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
huh? The video is in the March issue, which is out now...
http://www.xboxaddict.com/oxm/March_2002/
The very last thing under special features... Not the video, FB, the announcement from the development team stating release other than the UK. To my knowledge, it is exclusive there until the team says otherwise.

Frostberg
02-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Ok but dont you think it would be bad for them to put it on the OXM disc just to tease us?