PDA

View Full Version : Which XBOX 360 game will you buy first and why?

Acid Chameleon
06-02-2005, 12:52 PM
FIFA 2006 or Gears of War Just for the Graphics :eek:

Acid Chameleon
06-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Perhaps would go for FIFA 2006 to start or maybe Gears of War

addict
06-02-2005, 01:00 PM
F.e.a.r

rune holm
06-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Elder scrolls IV, maybe Full Auto if it doesnt have too crappy controls and lame gameplay.

RockTheCasba
06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Elder Scrolls IV for sure if its out on launch. if not probably gears of war

StudioAlex
06-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Oblivion for me as well. It's really too early to tell with the other games.

spike spiegel
06-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Teh scrolls are teh roxxorz XD

06-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah, its got to be Elderscrolls IV, that thing is gonna be the most addicting game ever.

thAshAdyOne
06-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I might try the scrolls...I didn't last time because of the moaning I heard from the forums...but it looks like it deserves a try this time

Flame Sword8
06-02-2005, 06:05 PM
I see alot of people liking oblivion, i know its good but from what i have played of part 3, its just to slow for me.Ill get Ghost Recon3 or Gears of War.

SamSmith
06-02-2005, 06:06 PM
oohh :) i cant wait for Elder scrolls oblivion ( i never played marrowind though :()
il also get kameo elements of power! and pgr3! and gears of war! and huxley... and... crap, i want them all...... :O i better start saving

TheCovenant
06-02-2005, 06:19 PM
for sure ill be getting:

Perfect Dark 0
Kameo: elements of power
Gears of War
Oblivion
Call of Duty 2

Maybe's are:

Ghost recon 3
Prey
DOA4
Quake 4

Not sure how many of those are launch though.

MerimacHamwich
06-02-2005, 07:40 PM
oohh :) i cant wait for Elder scrolls oblivion ( i never played marrowind though :()
il also get kameo elements of power! and pgr3! and gears of war! and huxley... and... crap, i want them all...... :O i better start saving
Huxley has a tentative summer 2006 release I believe.

Bakeman
06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
you guys are not going to be buying a game for xbox360 for awhile if Gears of War is giong ot be your first game.

In the video where they guy is showing off the game it says look for whatever they call the day (judgement or something) in 2006 .... so I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Launch.

So for me Perfect Dark Zero is probably the first game. Maybe PGR3, CoD2, GR3, The Darkness, DoA4 ...
I'll probably pick up 2 right away. So PDZ and of the others.

AlphaRaptor
06-02-2005, 07:48 PM
For me, either Perfect Dark 0 or Full Auto, then DOA4.

Shadow20002
06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
DOA4. Period.

Solid Snake 015
06-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Top 5 so far

-Oblivion (just started playing Marrowind i need to tell myself to put it down haha)
-Perfect Dark Zero
-Gears of War
-Ghost Recon 3
-DOA4

Maybes

-Fifa 2006
-Call of Duty 2

(It all depends on what the final results on all the games... Its so early that its hard to tell... I enjoy fighting games, FPS, and RPG's so im really excited about the release titles)

AlphaRaptor
06-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Oh yea....how could I forget Gears of War? That game is looking really, really awesome.

ShaDovV RyDer
06-02-2005, 09:49 PM
I would like to get two games at launch but money might play a big role this time around so if I can only get one game at first it will undoubtably be Perfect Dark Zero. Then If I got enough money to go up for another game it will be Full Auto if its ready by launch, but if not I'll go with PGR3. After launch I'll gradually get games as they come out like Gears of War, Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Ghost Recon 3, Madden 06, and any other game that tickles my fancy.

CrazyLad
06-03-2005, 01:35 AM
I have no clue. I'm getting the 360 for Christmas definitely but I'll probably still play halo 2 more than anything else until halo 3 comes out

OC Noob
06-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Kameo: elements of power
Gears of War
Oblivion
Call of Duty

Which ever ones are out at launch.

Personally, I can't decide which of the first 3 I'm more excited about.

Gears of war looks like Epic is go for MUCH more than an Unreal style game and of course the Unreal 3 engine will kick@ss.

Oblivion looks like the RPG to end all RPGs and...

Kameo looks like the platformer to end all platformers

I hope atleast 2 of the 3 are launch titles.

Also, the vid for Saint's Row looked pretty stupid (too me), but there was a huge write-up on it in GI and it looks very good. They said it was like free roaming GTA, but the game concentrates on things like gang territory, robbing places, hitman missions and 10 other things you can do like in GTA, but it will be more detailed, not like side missions. Like I said, I thought the vid really looked stupid, but the game actually should be really good. You get to massively cusomize your character, even at creation, so you don't have to play that stupid Troy Aikmen looking white boy from the vid if you don't want to.

Condemned looks VERY good. It look like FP melee/shooter with the detective gear adding a different spin. It may be very interesting.

Fram City Killer looks like a very cool GTA type game.

Band of Brothers looks decent.

Plus all the sequals and titles that other people have mentioned.

I might even try the Japanesse style RPGs when they come out.

So many great tittles to look forward to.

Whisper
06-03-2005, 01:53 PM
If I do end up getting the system.. I will likely be going for NHL2k6 first if it's comes out at or close to launcy.

TheCovenant
06-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Band of Brothers looks decent.

they're making a band of brothers game?

OC Noob
06-03-2005, 10:00 PM
they're making a band of brothers game?

Damn, I got the name all wrong. I was thinking WWII and that mini-series name just poped in my head. Sorry.

I meant The Outfit.

Band of Brothers would be kick@ss though. They could just use Call of Duty with clips from the movie for cut scenes and it would easily be a 9/10.

bostwick202
06-03-2005, 11:01 PM
id have to go with gears of war, although call of duty 2 looks very interesting. Operation Torch Woot Woot!

chkent
06-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I won't be buying any Xbox360 games. It is too soon. Why is Microsoft doing this already? I don't think the Xbox has reached its limits yet. I hope we don't see a repeat of Dreamcast. I just bought my Xbox about 6 months ago. I still have sooooo many games to play & they expect me to turn around & buy another system. As a single father, there is no room in my budget for a $300 gaming system. When I can finally afford to buy a Xbox360, the Xbox 3 will be ready to come out. I am very disappointed!!!

wbio
06-04-2005, 11:07 AM
PD0 will probably be my first game, it sounds amazing, especially multiplayer over XBL.

Bakeman
06-04-2005, 12:31 PM
I won't be buying any Xbox360 games. It is too soon. Why is Microsoft doing this already? I don't think the Xbox has reached its limits yet. I hope we don't see a repeat of Dreamcast. I just bought my Xbox about 6 months ago. I still have sooooo many games to play & they expect me to turn around & buy another system. As a single father, there is no room in my budget for a $300 gaming system. When I can finally afford to buy a Xbox360, the Xbox 3 will be ready to come out. I am very disappointed!!!

Well then stop crying and just play your xbox for another 2 years (which at that point it will be a 6 or 7 year old system) then buy whatever system you want at that point. Just because MS is coming out with another system doesn't mean there isn't going to be games made for the xbox still, nor does it mean you have to stop playing the xbox and it's current line-up of games. There is still families out there that just have a Playstation. And don't blame MS for coming out with a new system just after you bought their previous system 4 or 5 years after it's release.

AlphaRaptor
06-04-2005, 12:34 PM
C-mon dude, MS already said they'll continue supporting the Xbox 1 for another two years. :rolleyes:

OC Noob
06-04-2005, 01:06 PM

Like you said, you still have lots of games to play and there are over 200 more coing in the next year. You aren't left out in the cold just because you bought it so late in its cycle (you bought it 6 months ago, but its been out much longer).

Anyway, the soon it comes out the quicker it will drop in price and be afordable for you. Its better than coming out at $500 too, you'll never see a PS3 if your price range is bellow $300.

So, don't sweat it. Play all the games you missed and that are coming out now and by the time you're done the 360 will be within your reach. 566+200 or more games is 766 games for you to choose from on the Xbox. That should keep you busy and the game prices are much cheap since you haven't played the classics yet.