PDA

View Full Version : I wont buy the xbox 360 when it comes out....

AmazingAsian
06-02-2005, 12:56 PM
why because I will wait for the second or even third gen X360s, I also do not want some sort of glitch or malfunction if i do buy it, I waited a long time for the 1st xbox to drop to 150 so being patient is no big deal, does anyone agree/disagree with me??

rune holm
06-02-2005, 01:17 PM
well, then you wont by a system for maybe ten years - I COMPLETELY DISAGREE. But for sure im not going to buy the 360 on the premier. Me, too, i will wait for the pricedrop. 250 USD is my maxium, but im hoping to pay less (living in europe the prices will prob. be hingher than in the us or asia). Hopefully that happens within 6-8 months from the launch.

SoundX
06-02-2005, 02:12 PM
I think Microsoft has learnt their lesson, I’m pretty sure we won’t be seeing any repeats of last generations Xbox malfunctions.

I’m still interested to know if the drive will be supplied by more than one company.

StudioAlex
06-02-2005, 02:20 PM
My inclination to purchase is more dependent on what's available to play. If oblivion isn't ready till the spring or summer, that's how long I'll wait.

rune holm
06-02-2005, 03:07 PM
My inclination to purchase is more dependent on what's available to play. If oblivion isn't ready till the spring or summer, that's how long I'll wait.

Yea, sure, also for the aspect of games its worth to wait a while....then you dont have to buy some mediocre game just so you can play the darn thing. This time around we can play on an xbox while waiting, insted of a PS2. Also good games are coming for the xbox now and in the near future. Lets just hope the ppl wont wait to buy the xbox and then ends up buying a PS3.........

thAshAdyOne
06-02-2005, 03:10 PM
I just want to be one of the first people to say...the 360 i mine...

rune holm
06-02-2005, 03:32 PM
I just want to be one of the first people to say...the 360 i mine...

Yea, i hear you, this is the gigantic trade off for saving some buck$!

Koopa
06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
i think i'll buy it whenever PDZ comes out :)

mattgame
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I have to disagree. I am the kind of person who lives by the "I only live once" so I can't wait for nothing. I mean I could wait a week after it comes out and on the sixth day I get shot. I can't risk it.

Shadow20002
06-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Well, if i got it free. :)

Stryder504
06-02-2005, 04:24 PM
i am concerned that the first models might malfunction. I bought my first XBOX in may 2002, but it was stilll one of the launch systems. the disc drive crapped out after a year or so, but I wrote an angry letter to Microsoft and they fixed it for only 50 dollars, compared to usual 100, and I got a free copy of mechassault. But I'm only going to wait for the 360 if cost more than 400 dollars :hump:

Ninjermy
06-02-2005, 04:31 PM
That is a good idea to wait for a second generation, but man, that is going to be at LEAST 6 months! Do you think you could actually last 6 months without having the NEW XBOX360 and all its glory!!?!? I know I wont.

m4oH
06-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Disagree. I would honestly like to be able to wait but I know I won't be able to.

Dj Logical 1
06-02-2005, 04:35 PM
I have to disagree. I am the kind of person who lives by the "I only live once" so I can't wait for nothing. I mean I could wait a week after it comes out and on the sixth day I get shot. I can't risk it.

WOW lol i so agree with you, although it may sound dumb to others, but i agree, and what if theres something wrong with a malfunctioning part or something, you can get it repaired......... and by that time im sure they will have so many people looking out for such things.

The Last Knight
06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't think I'll buy it when it comes out. As of now, no one is sure if its completely backwards compatible. Also, I don't think I'm going to get it until Halo 3 comes out anyway.

Captain Fats
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I'll probably have to wait untill the price drops. Its all based on money for me.

m4oH
06-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I don't think I'll buy it when it comes out. As of now, no one is sure if its completely backwards compatible. Also, I don't think I'm going to get it until Halo 3 comes out anyway.
You might want to play it at someone elses house before buying it( if your getting it solely because of halo 3). Because the way the halo series is going there will be one weapon on each map that you shoot and it kills everyone on the map. And no way you should get it for the sp.

TheCovenant
06-02-2005, 04:53 PM
For all those who are nervous about first generation snags, i have one word.

Warranty :)

Plewis
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
I got an xbox launch day and still have never had a problem with it. If I get an Xbox 360, I will prolly get it on launch.

mattgame
06-02-2005, 05:08 PM
WOW lol i so agree with you, although it may sound dumb to others, but i agree, and what if theres something wrong with a malfunctioning part or something, you can get it repaired......... and by that time im sure they will have so many people looking out for such things.

:cheers: :cheers:

m4oH
06-02-2005, 05:10 PM
:cheers: :cheers:
:cheers: There is no point to this post.:p :cheers:

CrazyLad
06-03-2005, 02:11 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm getting one for Christmas, but I'm not sure. Halo 2 is really the only game I play on xbox so I might just wait until halo 3 comes out to get the 360.

TOTTEN
06-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Im getting mine when it comes out for a couple reasons.
I cant wait for stuff.
I will feel stupid playing xbox when the xbox360 will be out.
I cant wait to use Xbox 360s live service.

OC Noob
06-03-2005, 01:25 PM
why because I will wait for the second or even third gen X360s, I also do not want some sort of glitch or malfunction if i do buy it, I waited a long time for the 1st xbox to drop to 150 so being patient is no big deal, does anyone agree/disagree with me??

You can do that or get the warrenty. Getting the EB/Gamestop warrenty will protect you against new tech bugs/glitches and you can have it now, but theres absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for the price you like if you have the patience.

Whisper
06-03-2005, 01:55 PM
He has a good point. There were a lot of defective first Xboxes.. mine was defective and I had to get it replaced. Thankfully they did it for free.. but still a hassle.

thrAsher
06-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Just read a bunch of stuff about PDZ, which I knew nothing about before, and will most likely buy a 360 whenever that game drops. Sounds amazing, shooter or no, and is right up there w/ Oblivion as a sole reason to buy a next gen Xbox, IMO. Although, I am wary of the first batch of 360's, too.