PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone feel that Xbox is lacking games?

Kooster
02-16-2002, 11:31 AM
First of all, Xbox is my favorite system. It has the best graphics, is the fastest, has an internal hard drive, has a DVD player, and so on, but presently, I feel that it is lacking games. Especially compared to PS2. I know that Xbox has only been out for three months, but it still has to compete against PS2. I went over to the official Xbox site to look at Xbox's games, and currently there are 0 strategy games, 0 role playing games, 1 simulation game, and 2 adventure games (1 which has gotten horrible reviews). Plus, Xbox is making a whole bunch of remakes of old games. Some examples are Grand Theft Auto 3, Spy Hunter, Tony Hawk 2x, Tony Hawk 3, Onimusha, 007 Agent Under Fire, and Burnout.
Currently PS2 has Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry, etc. I know the future may be different, but right now it seems as if Xbox's games are losing to PS2's. Does any feel the same way?

Spike Minoda
02-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I feel just the same about the games.

:cool: GO OAKLAND ATHLETICS!:cool:
:mad: Jason Giambi, you are a TRAITOR!:mad:
DanieLudacris

Romo28
02-16-2002, 11:42 AM
Well its not that Microsoft cant get the games out. Games such as Grand Theft Auto, PS2 buys exclusive periods to them. Microsoft just doesnt need to spend the extra money to keep games exclusive to them, they have enouph of a following. Since Xbox beats its competetors in every other way, Sony is willing to shell out some bucks to have an exclusive line of games (at least for a couple months)

Frostberg
02-16-2002, 12:01 PM
Hmm I think the same thing was said then the PS2 came out, and the DC, and the N64, and the PSX, and the Saturn, and the Genesis, and the SNES, and the Game Boy, and the Game Gear, and the Commodore 64, and the Neo-Geo, and the Jaguar, and the NES, and the Turbo Grafx-16, and the Master System, and the Colecovision, and the Intellivision, and the Atari 2600, and the Apple II....get the picture....give it time and it will become great, except for the Saturn and DC

thunderkiss2k1
02-16-2002, 12:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 07 Agent Under Fire is a remake. I think its a new 007 made for xbox only. BUT I could be wrong.

Kooster
02-16-2002, 12:33 PM
I think it is the same thing because the Xbox and PS2 versions both have the same titles and covers

Integra Man
02-16-2002, 12:34 PM
xxbox is ****ing me off alot. out of all the games i bought halo was the one that was worth it thats it.

there all peice of **** games if u ask me

Xtopia
02-16-2002, 02:11 PM
hotshot, I would think the x-box sucked and is lacking games too, if I only oned Cel Damage, and ssx! GET HALO!!! I am serious! I can not get sick of this game! It will definitely hold me over until UT, MOH: AA, Conflict Desert Storm, and brute force!!!!

Snoopy7548
02-16-2002, 02:29 PM
i feel the same way, the xbox hasnt had alot of really great games yet, but you still have to remember, it just came out a few months ago, it hasnt had alot of time to get awesome games. when the ps2 came out, it took a while to get some really great games, you just have to give it time, there are already really good games on the xbox right now, like halo, raw, project gotham, amped, blood wake, wreckless, and some more.

Shadow Fox
02-16-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 07 Agent Under Fire is a remake. I think its a new 007 made for xbox only. BUT I could be wrong. The PS2 version of Agent Under Fire is being ported to Xbox and GameCube, due in March. All three are identical, other than the obvious graphical updates over PS2.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

monkeyman
02-16-2002, 03:46 PM
no way xbox is lacking games im lacking games:(

GAMES I NEED GAMES MY XBOX IS GOING TO WASTE IT NEEDS TO BE PLAYED!!!!!!!!! GAMES I TELL YOU GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

xBoXGaMeR2002
02-16-2002, 03:49 PM
I feel the same way...kinda makes me wish I bought a PS2.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down guys, it just came out. I've been spending most of my freetime playing Halo and NBA Inside Drive. I rented Wreckless and I was so disappointed I almost cried...lol.

Think of it this way:

Morrowind- Greatest replay value in a game ever.
Project Ego - See Morrowind.
GTA3 - It's a port, but who cares?
Brute Force - The next halo?? We'll have to see.

And that's just 4 of the extremely good games that are coming out for X-Box.

SO Chill

Rock2
02-16-2002, 06:52 PM
Good one GX2002! I agree with you. There are alot of games out right now. Its just that they are all still 50 bucks and no one can afford alot at a time. Tell ya what go buy WRECKLESS and play the hell out of that until another that suits you comes out.

Kooster
02-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Xtopia, I do have Halo and I've already beaten it on Legendary. I barely play it anymore.

Frostberg
02-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
Xtopia, I do have Halo and I've already beaten it on Legendary. I barely play it anymore.
Thats what gamespy is for....

monkeyman
02-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

Thats what gamespy is for....

hehe yup

XBOXgamer13
02-16-2002, 10:12 PM
u are crazy!!!!

u should talk about GCN for lacking of games not xbox:mad: Do u know how many games does GCN had right now compare to xbox? go figure it out right now and u will find your answer

Kooster
02-16-2002, 11:06 PM
Xboxgamer13>> Gamecube has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I know Gamecube sucks and is REALLY lacking games, but it isn't XBOX's main competitor. PS2 is, and it has almost 250 games out now, not including the PS1 games that you can play on it. And compared to PS2's load of games, in my opinion, Xbox is lacking at the present time. Like I said before, right now, there are no strategy games, no roleplaying games, only one simulation game, and only two adventure games (one with horrible ratings). I just think that Xbox should have plenty of games for each genre, and should not make remakes of old games. Again, the future may be and should be much different, but currently I think Xbox is lacking games.
Frostberg>> Ok, I lied. I've only beaten Halo on heroic, but I did it by myself w/o any guides. But I still barely play it. My main point was just to tell Xtopia that I had Halo because he said I didn't.

XBOXgamer13
02-16-2002, 11:10 PM
your a very impatient person are u hotshot? can't wait till xbox got online this summer? lots of rpg's action,adventure,strategy games are coming to xbox this year. think about it. PS2 got lots of game I know. But only 20% of their games are good and the rest are crap!

Frostberg
02-16-2002, 11:12 PM
And virtually all of the games you mentioned are coming out for the Xbox...just wait...they will look better than the PS2 versions as well!

XBOXgamer13
02-16-2002, 11:15 PM
And virtually all of the games you mentioned are coming out for the Xbox...just wait...they will look better than the PS2 versions as well!

I agree, ahem....ahem....MGS,GTA3

Whisper
02-16-2002, 11:19 PM
It is true... all the systems were weak at launch... when i bought N64 the only games i played were StarFox and Mario... I felt everything else was weak...

N64 had StarFox and Mario

XBOX has HALO and PGR as the best games (IMO)

Kooster
02-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Actually, I'm not impatient. I'm just aggravated that Xbox is remaking lots of old games and isn't making enough games for each genre. I know that the future of Xbox looks good, but that is in months. Xbox needs to compete hard. It's not like the other consoles are going to just sit around and watch Xbox have online capabilities and new games. They're going to try and beat Xbox. That's why Xbox needs to take action now.

Kooster
02-16-2002, 11:26 PM
Xbox needs to have a BETTER launch than PS2. What was PS2 competing against when it came out, N64? And who cares if the graphics are better if you've already played the game. Unless you have no life, and like wasting time, then go ahead and buy the old remakes that have been touched up.

Frostberg
02-16-2002, 11:29 PM
well when you say xbox needs to take action, i assume you mean microsoft....other developers dont care, they are just trying to make money. Rockstar wants to put of GTA3, but it isint that easy. Microsoft cant do much...they only own a few developers like bungie, and they are hard at making games...Games take a few years to make, and not many developers had dev kits that early... and because of the PS2 being out so long, it will have more games because developers had more time to make them. The main problem is that the xbox is new, and some companies didnt start developing their game until they saw the xbox done...and that wasnt really that long ago, so they havent had time to finish their game...give it a year like the PS2 and you will be in glory, notw up until then you have to get some easy fixes....

XBOXgamer13
02-16-2002, 11:30 PM
Actually, I'm not impatient. I'm just aggravated that Xbox is remaking lots of old games and isn't making enough games for each genre. I know that the future of Xbox looks good, but that is in months. Xbox needs to compete hard. It's not like the other consoles are going to just sit around and watch Xbox have online capabilities and new games. They're going to try and beat Xbox. That's why Xbox needs to take action now.

hotshot657:

Online capability is a huge advantage for xbox. Do u heard any GCN online plans? I don't think so. Also talking about the thing u are talking about remaking old games for xbox? So are u calling Halo, Project Gotham,Rallisport etc. OLD franchises? I don't think so. XBOX were competing hard right now, dont u think so hotshot? XBOX won' just fail like that you know because it's microsoft. It's like saying Macintosh will beat Microsoft. LoL

Frostberg
02-16-2002, 11:35 PM
Xbox needs to have a BETTER launch than PS2. What was PS2 competing against when it came out, N64? And who cares if the graphics are better if you've already played the game. Unless you have no life, and like wasting time, then go ahead and buy the old remakes that have been touched up.

Actually it was competing with DC mostly...and what were the PS2 launch games? Fantavision, SSX, Kessen, Tekken Tag, Madden....ooooo

I believe the PS2 needed time as well, for the same games Xbox is wating for...except xbox not only gets those games, but its own massive set of games...

XBOXgamer13
02-16-2002, 11:40 PM

Actually it was competing with DC mostly...and what were the PS2 launch games? Fantavision, SSX, Kessen, Tekken Tag, Madden....ooooo

I believe the PS2 needed time as well, for the same games Xbox is wating for...except xbox not only gets those games, but its own massive set of games...

also, have u seen the ps2 launch titles? the graphics were so jaggy? compare that now to xbox launch titles. the answer is self-explanatory

Masta Chief
02-17-2002, 08:19 AM
Don't you get it. A system doesn't come out with a hundred games. It takes a year for most systems to reach their full potientals. Halo would have been better (not that it isn't), but they rushed it for the launch date. So just wait, and get some exercise.

The Terminator
02-17-2002, 08:55 AM
I'm going to go out and buy RAW today, even though I've heard it was crap. The ppl who like it love it, and the ppl who don't had too high expectations, and I'm just expecting a fun game, so I should like it.

The others however, have turned out pretty badly. What we need right now is some kickass game, which is proof that all the other AAA titles will meet our expectations. If it weren't for the fact that Peter Molyneux(sp?) was working on Project Ego, I'd be worried about that biting it. And I really, really wanna play Hunter: The Reckogning, so I just hope that one is everything we expect it to be.

Frostberg
02-17-2002, 09:04 AM
So Peter Molyneux is keeping you alive?
Brute Force
Mirrorwind
Battlefirld 1942
MOH:AA
Enclave
Conflict: Desert Storm
Unreal Championship
Ralisport Challange
Mortal Kombat
Shenmue 2
And ports like...
GTA3
MGSX

And if you think about the future...games will be made on the XBOX and then ported over to PS2, not the way it is now, so not only will we get a better game, but we will get it first!

gula
02-17-2002, 09:12 AM
Brute Force
Mirrorwind
Battlefirld 1942
Enclave
Unreal Championship
Ralisport Challange
Mortal Kombat
Shenmue 2
And ports like...
GTA3
MGSX

And if you think about the future...games will be made on the XBOX and then ported over to PS2, not the way it is now, so not only will we get a better game, but we will get it first!

Brute Force- Godly
Mirrorwind- Godly
Battlefirld 1942 - PC Port - But still good!
MOH:AA - PC Port - But still good!
Enclave - This game might head to other consoles
Conflict: Desert Storm - We might get the PS2 port, but this game is still looking great
Unreal Championship - Godly
Ralisport Challange - Godly
Mortal Kombat - On GameCube also, In the latest article they didn't say anything about this game on PS2
Shenmue 2- Godly
And ports like...
GTA3- Godly
MGSX- Godly

gula
02-17-2002, 09:57 AM
Interview With Jay Allard

To wrap it up, we have asked Jay Allard, General Director of the Xbox platform at Microsoft, some questions.

THG: What is happening with the development of future games?

J.A.: There are more than twenty titles for sale in the United States. For Europe, fifteen games are available on March 14 or Day One, in 16 different countries. That includes bestsellers like Halo, as well as new titles. At the moment, half of available titles are games developed exclusively for the Xbox. Some of those offered by third-party publishers will include a special bonus, like Electronic Arts' F1 which will come with an exclusive version of the 2002 season. At the moment, 250 games are being developed for the Xbox. Most titles are being developed in four to seven languages. As soon as Christmas 2002, we are hoping to be able to release every game simultaneously in all languages and countries. You can expect to see really incredible titles, because we are still far from having reaching the console's full potential. Halo only uses 50% of its possibilities...

WOOOOOOOO!!!!! I want this as my setup...
(click link below)

monkeyman
02-17-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by -gula

ohhhhhhhh *drools* awwwwwwwwww how nice

Frostberg
02-17-2002, 10:05 AM
lol look at that little thing where he puts his xbox...good idea

XBOXgamer13
02-17-2002, 10:12 AM

Brute Force- Godly
Mirrorwind- Godly
Battlefirld 1942 - PC Port - But still good!
MOH:AA - PC Port - But still good!
Enclave - This game might head to other consoles
Conflict: Desert Storm - We might get the PS2 port, but this game is still looking great
Unreal Championship - Godly
Ralisport Challange - Godly
Mortal Kombat - On GameCube also, In the latest article they didn't say anything about this game on PS2
Shenmue 2- Godly
And ports like...
GTA3- Godly
MGSX- Godly

that's a LOT of GREAT games!!!!!!!!!

monkeyman
02-17-2002, 10:13 AM
lol look at that little thing where he puts his xbox...good idea

hmm maybe i could make a thingy like that:D

Frostberg
02-17-2002, 10:32 AM
yeah Id do it, if I owned that setup...and I dont have a projector...and my xbox sits in his stand whit his friends Sony (NO, not a PS2! A receiver!) , Motorola (Digital cable receiver), and some of his game children.

monkeyman
02-17-2002, 10:40 AM
hmmmmmmmmmm interesting

Frostberg
02-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Isint it though....

gula
02-17-2002, 11:02 AM
yeah Id do it, if I owned that setup...and I dont have a projector...and my xbox sits in his stand whit his friends Sony (NO, not a PS2! A receiver!) , Motorola (Digital cable receiver), and some of his game children.

His game children??? Wait...game...children, Nintendo?

Sorry, but just when someone has those two words together, I just combine them to get Nintendo. :D

Kooster
02-18-2002, 03:31 PM
Interview With Jay Allard

To wrap it up, we have asked Jay Allard, General Director of the Xbox platform at Microsoft, some questions.

THG: What is happening with the development of future games?

J.A.: There are more than twenty titles for sale in the United States. For Europe, fifteen games are available on March 14 or Day One, in 16 different countries. That includes bestsellers like Halo, as well as new titles. At the moment, half of available titles are games developed exclusively for the Xbox. Some of those offered by third-party publishers will include a special bonus, like Electronic Arts' F1 which will come with an exclusive version of the 2002 season. At the moment, 250 games are being developed for the Xbox. Most titles are being developed in four to seven languages. As soon as Christmas 2002, we are hoping to be able to release every game simultaneously in all languages and countries. You can expect to see really incredible titles, because we are still far from having reaching the console's full potential. Halo only uses 50% of its possibilities...

(click link below) PS2 already has about 250 games out right now. It sounds as if PS2 will always have more games than Xbox.

Kooster
02-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Brute Force
Mirrorwind
Battlefirld 1942
Enclave
Unreal Championship
Ralisport Challange
Mortal Kombat
Shenmue 2
And ports like...
GTA3
MGSX

And if you think about the future...games will be made on the XBOX and then ported over to PS2, not the way it is now, so not only will we get a better game, but we will get it first! PS2 also has a big list of future games. Click here to see the list. (http://www.sonyweb.com/release/) Some of the games that interested my were Age of the Empires 2, Onimusha 2, Final Fantasy XI, and Sky Gunner. Oh, and it seems that the Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring game that was only supposed to be on Xbox is now on PS2.They even have online plans. Final Fantasy XI is a completely online RPG, and it's expected to be out Nov. 2, 2002. Age of the Empires 2 is going to be online, also.

Frostberg
02-18-2002, 03:40 PM
I dont think so...PS2 may have more games, but more of their games suck...hmm and Xbox has like, what 50...60... or so games out already? you cant go by numbers, because there are a LOT of games out there you dont know about because they suck

thunderkiss2k1
02-18-2002, 03:50 PM
Just so you know: the ps2 and the xbox are both getting a lord of the rings game, but the ps2 game is based on the movie, while the xbox game is based on the books. Get your facts straight, bub.

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 03:52 PM
First and foremost, I believe the XBox is beginnng to trample on Sony....they've already begun, however, the numbers don't show yet...but, people will start catching on.

For example:

The XBox will have many of the same games as the PoS2 but Microsoft is adding levels, use of additional characters (both played or additional enemies), and better graphics. Why would any intelligent gamer want the second best version of the same game for the same price?

Next, Microsoft boasts of the System Link technology. Try doing that with a PoS2. Out of the box, the PoS2 has two controller ports...Microsoft has 4, and with the System Link option, how does up to 16 sound? :D

Next, Microsoft has broadband built in - standard. Because of this, we will enjoy an on-line forum starting this summer. Right now, we can play Halo, Tony Hawk 2x, and Nascar Heat via Gamespy for free. Try doing that on a PoS2.

Don't get me wrong, I think the PoS2 has some decent games...but, they simply don't stand up from a quality standpoint compared to the XBox. I am confident that if the XBox came out over a year ago with the same technology that it has now, and if the Playstation 2 came out when the XBox actually did, while also having the same technology that it has, that the Playstation would have flopped....big time.

Kooster
02-18-2002, 04:33 PM
I dont think so...PS2 may have more games, but more of their games suck...hmm and Xbox has like, what 50...60... or so games out already? you cant go by numbers, because there are a LOT of games out there you dont know about because they suck Actually, a lot of PS2's games are really good. Ex. Final Fantasy X, GTA3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Gran Turismo 3, Crazy Taxi. And how do you know that the upcoming Xbox games are any good. Have you ever played any of them?
thunderkiss2k1--> Playstation fanboy, definitely not. I think Xbox is the best system, it just needs better games because PS2 seems to be winning in that category. And does it really matter what the Lord of the Rings games are based on? They're still both Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Spaztic
02-18-2002, 04:41 PM
I really don't care if xbox has tons of games out! I really am concerned about the quality of the games! If hotshots thinks this system needs more games by all means trade in your xbox and get a pos2. It has more than an handful of sub-par games that will slowly drain his money away. We shouldn't have to justify why the xbox is better, the people that play it know! I know why I bought it and I have never even come close to considering trading it for a ps2....dosn't anyone remember the crappy ps2 launch.....First of all even finding a ps2 was like finding a needle in the haystack. (unless you had $800 to buy one on ebay [god I bet the people that did that are kicking themselves]). So after a year or so of lackluster games ps2 is finally starting to come out with some great games that are basically pushing the system to its limits. well guess what, those games that are pushing the ps2 limits are a joke when ported. they don't even challange the xbox's power! People just need to be patient!:D

Frostberg
02-18-2002, 04:55 PM
Final Fantasy X->next version might come to Xbox, if now who cares
GTA3->will come to xbox better than PS2 version
Metal Gear Solid 2->will come to xbox better than PS2 version
Gran Turismo 3->dont need it, and we have comparable games such as PGR and soon Ralisport Challange
Crazy Taxi->will come to xbox better than PS2 version

Snoopy7548
02-18-2002, 05:10 PM
just like slater said in dazed and confused, "its quality not quantity man!":D

gula
02-18-2002, 05:14 PM
Gran Turismo 3->dont need it, and we have comparable games such as PGR and soon Ralisport Challange
Crazy Taxi->will come to xbox better than PS2 version

FFX- FFXI Might be going on the XBox. And plus I hate FF, Project Ego and Elder Scrolls (IMO) will be better. FF is hyped up too much.

GTA3- GTA3 will be on the XBox, and a rumored online play might be in it.

MGS2- One word: MGSX.

GT3- I never liked this series, I'd rather play Rallisport Challenge.

CT- Crazy Taxi is on the PS2? Ehh, I don't know, and I don't feel like doing any research right now. But I think XBox is getting the exculsive version of "Crazy Taxi Next".

PS2 already has about 250 games out right now. It sounds as if PS2 will always have more games than Xbox.

You know why? BECAUSE IT CAME OUT BEFORE THE XBOX!

And by time people these days get a PS2, just 1-2 years from now PS3 will be coming out.....:rolleyes:

Edit Note: Many of the Japanese developers are waiting how the XBox is going to do in Japan, and it looks like it will be going to do VERY well. So that would mean MORE GAMES!

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
I really don't care if xbox has tons of games out! I really am concerned about the quality of the games! If hotshots thinks this system needs more games by all means trade in your xbox and get a pos2. It has more than an handful of sub-par games that will slowly drain his money away. We shouldn't have to justify why the xbox is better, the people that play it know! I know why I bought it and I have never even come close to considering trading it for a ps2....dosn't anyone remember the crappy ps2 launch.....First of all even finding a ps2 was like finding a needle in the haystack. (unless you had $800 to buy one on ebay [god I bet the people that did that are kicking themselves]). So after a year or so of lackluster games ps2 is finally starting to come out with some great games that are basically pushing the system to its limits. well guess what, those games that are pushing the ps2 limits are a joke when ported. they don't even challange the xbox's power! People just need to be patient!:D

Nice, bryan!! Can I get an "Amen" from anyone else?
The XBox speaks for itself....And, that's the truth!

fear_this
02-18-2002, 05:39 PM
Amen. :D

Frostberg
02-18-2002, 05:39 PM
Hmmm...
-gula, why did you quote me and say basically a redone version of what I said? I put in the games hotshot said were so good about the PS2, and you seemed to do the same thing, but wh did you quote me? I hope you dont think im on the PS2 side!

Xboxfan123
02-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
First and foremost, I believe the XBox is beginnng to trample on Sony....they've already begun, however, the numbers don't show yet...but, people will start catching on.

For example:

The XBox will have many of the same games as the PoS2 but Microsoft is adding levels, use of additional characters (both played or additional enemies), and better graphics. Why would any intelligent gamer want the second best version of the same game for the same price?

Next, Microsoft boasts of the System Link technology. Try doing that with a PoS2. Out of the box, the PoS2 has two controller ports...Microsoft has 4, and with the System Link option, how does up to 16 sound? :D

Next, Microsoft has broadband built in - standard. Because of this, we will enjoy an on-line forum starting this summer. Right now, we can play Halo, Tony Hawk 2x, and Nascar Heat via Gamespy for free. Try doing that on a PoS2.

Don't get me wrong, I think the PoS2 has some decent games...but, they simply don't stand up from a quality standpoint compared to the XBox. I am confident that if the XBox came out over a year ago with the same technology that it has now, and if the Playstation 2 came out when the XBox actually did, while also having the same technology that it has, that the Playstation would have flopped....big time.

Almost 3200 post and you still have great posts. Right on.
Like I said before about the PS2: Hard Drive=add on. Four controllers=add on. Ethernet=add on. Add ons mean Sony didn't get it right the first time. At least the MS Voice Commander which is an add on is something useful and not something we need to equal or catch up to the PS2.

You're right if the timing was reversed the PS2 would have flopped. It would be in the grave next to the DC. Some friends of mine say the DC was a better system than the PS2 BTW.

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123

Almost 3200 post and you still have great posts. Right on.
Like I said before about the PS2: Hard Drive=add on. Four controllers=add on. Ethernet=add on. Add ons mean Sony didn't get it right the first time. At least the MS Voice Commander which is an add on is something useful and not something we need to equal or catch up to the PS2.

You're right if the timing was reversed the PS2 would have flopped. It would be in the grave next to the DC. Some friends of mine say the DC was a better system than the PS2 BTW.

Hey, thanks for the compliment...and, I also prefer the DC to the PoS2...but, I would like to add to your excellent point:

Keep in mind that these new "add-ons" (like a hard drive, broadband capability, System Link capability) will not only cost the PoS2 consumer more money if they want it, but, think about this for a moment: These add-ons will not work for any existing PoS2 game that is on the market! In other words, the actual game discs do not have the code to be able to recognize that the system has a hard drive, broadband, and they don't have a System link option on them either! So, if Sony is going to pull these "add ons" off, they not only have to brainwash PoS2 consumers to buy these add-ons...but, they also have to persuade these consumers to buy games that this technology is compatible with! We are looking atleast 1 or 2 years from now!

Sorry, Sony...WAY too late, folks! Just watch...Sony will flop when people start to get it :D

gula
02-18-2002, 06:06 PM
Hmmm...
-gula, why did you quote me and say basically a redone version of what I said? I put in the games hotshot said were so good about the PS2, and you seemed to do the same thing, but wh did you quote me? I hope you dont think im on the PS2 side!

No no no man, I was just saying my perspective for those games. Nothing againt you though.:D

Frostberg
02-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Ok, just makin sure...I really didnt want anyone to think I was against my Xbox!

manboy
02-18-2002, 06:10 PM
I'll keep saying it and saying it and saying it. Two - 3 months after it's release, what did PS2 have going for it? Hrm... Gran Turismo and uh... er....

Yeah, you see my point?

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 06:11 PM
I also would like to add that the PoS2 is not capable of producing an image in a 4:3 widescreen format...so, it cannot format to a widescreen high definition TV! In addition, to my knowledge, a Sony PoS2 owner cannot hook up a true 5:1 Dolby Digital surround sound system and get the surround sound effects. In other words, if you are playing Halo and you have a Surround Sound System, you would not hear an enemy coming up from behind because it's not set up for true 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound!

I mean, I can go on and on and on! The XBox truly speaks for itself :D

Frostberg
02-18-2002, 06:13 PM
MAXIMUS!!!!
4:3 widescreen eh? Better fix that before Hugh_Jass and Lynxfx come in here!

gula
02-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by manboy
I'll keep saying it and saying it and saying it. Two - 3 months after it's release, what did PS2 have going for it? Hrm... Gran Turismo and uh... er....

Yeah, you see my point?

What did XBox have on its first day of launch?

HALO!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 06:15 PM
MAXIMUS!!!!
4:3 widescreen eh? Better fix that before Hugh_Jass and Lynxfx come in here!

Isn't that what it's called? I'm kind of a novice, man! :D

Frostberg
02-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Widescreen, movie theater, the way movies were originally made to view more, which I personally like better because you get to see the whole thing=16:9
Standard Television, which most of us have=4:3

Dont degrade yourself now...

And because of your amazingly hip and cool looking siggy, which I have to say is the best siggy on the internet, and is so good that millions said it is what the olympic medals whould have on them and such ill let it go this time...
:D:D

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Widescreen, movie theater, the way movies were originally made to view more, which I personally like better because you get to see the whole thing=16:9
Standard Television, which most of us have=4:3

Dont degrade yourself now...

Whoa!!! I stand (or sit :D ) corrected! 16:9 indeed! Man, I can't wait until I get home tomorrow! :D

gula
02-18-2002, 06:22 PM

Whoa!!! I stand (or sit :D ) corrected! 16:9 indeed! Man, I can't wait until I get home tomorrow! :D

Can I come over? :D ;)

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 06:23 PM

Can I come over? :D ;)

Sure, dude! Actually, any of you dudes...if you are in the Seattle area, get your asses over and let's play some vids!! :D

gula
02-18-2002, 06:44 PM

Sure, dude! Actually, any of you dudes...if you are in the Seattle area, get your asses over and let's play some vids!! :D

Dam|\|, I'm located in Pennsylvania, all the way across the country from ya.. :(

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 06:52 PM

Dam|\|, I'm located in Pennsylvania, all the way across the country from ya.. :(

Doh!!

(I had to say that...especially having a siggy with Homer in it :D )

Kooster
02-18-2002, 10:49 PM
Crazy Taxi->will come to xbox better than PS2 version Final Fantasy XI->almost positively not coming to Xbox
GTA3->remake
Metal Gear Solid 2->I'm pretty sure this is a remake
Gran Turismo 3->c'mon, this is a great game. think of how cool it would be on Xbox
Crazy Taxi->remake
OK, I would never trade in my Xbox for a PS2 because I think Xbox is the best system. I am just thinking on both sides, not just Xbox's. While Xbox is making remakes of old games (even if they have a new level or enhanced graphics), won't PS2 be making sequels. Also, can't quantity also be important? Wouldn't you rather have lots of good games instead of just a few. If the games are really good, do the graphics matter? And how can you say that Morrowind and Project Ego will be better than FFXI if you've never played them? Just to get this straight, I'm not talking about all categories of PS2, just games. I wouldn't have bought an Xbox if I liked PS2's graphics, add-ons etc. I just wish that Xbox (Microsoft) would focus more on new games, sequels to Tony Hawk, GTA3..., and I know that they are making many new games, but why so many old games? I know that they are enhanced, but is that a good enough reason to re-release them and put Xbox behind PS2 in the game category. I think that Xbox should make sequels to PS2's games, and if they can't due to legal reasons, then make their own really good games and release them earlier than PS2's. For ex., Morrowind is supposed to be really good, but it keeps on getting postponed. By the time it comes out, PS2 will already have 2 new RPG's out. I think that Xbox should beat PS2 on every category, including games. And you can't just say that every Xbox game that is coming out is going to be "godly" because most of them won't be. Fantastic games only come around once in a while, not all the time. I want Xbox to be beating PS2 in every category, including games. I know its a new system, but it should be pushing harder than PS2, thats all I'm saying.:eek:

TRUE_GAMER
02-19-2002, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hotshot657
[B]Xboxgamer13>> Gamecube has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I know Gamecube sucks and is REALLY lacking games, but it isn't XBOX's main competitor. PS2 is, and it has almost 250 games out now,

No **** PoS2 only been out now for what about 2 d@mn years. So no sh*t they'll have more games.

thunderkiss2k1
02-19-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by TRUE_GAMER
[B]Xboxgamer13>> Gamecube has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I know Gamecube sucks and is REALLY lacking games, but it isn't XBOX's main competitor. PS2 is, and it has almost 250 games out now,

No **** PoS2 only been out now for what about 2 d@mn years. So no sh*t they'll have more games.

S'up True. Let me add that Sony as always is so over confident that they think they can just keep releasing sequels to their games and the ps2 diehards will keep buying them. Even if they are crap.

TRUE_GAMER
02-19-2002, 01:26 AM
I mean yes it's good system, not the best any more, they have good games and alot. But d@mn give the xbox a break it just came out. But all the pos2 fanboys will come to realize the awesome power of the XBOX. They will see the green light.

Kooster
02-19-2002, 03:22 PM

You took my quote out of context. Duh, PS2 has more games. I never said Xbox should have as many games as PS2.

Kooster
02-19-2002, 03:24 PM
I mean yes it's good system, not the best any more, they have good games and alot. But d@mn give the xbox a break it just came out. But all the pos2 fanboys will come to realize the awesome power of the XBOX. They will see the green light.
What is it that the Xbox is going to do to make PS2 fanboys see the green light?

Kooster
02-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

S'up True. Let me add that Sony as always is so over confident that they think they can just keep releasing sequels to their games and the ps2 diehards will keep buying them. Even if they are crap.
Sony doesn't make the games. Game developers do, and I'm sure that they're not making bad sequels on purpose. What bad sequels have been made to make you say this? Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2, Gran Turismo 3, GTA3? They might have sold a lot, but are they really bad? You can say they are, but many people think they aren't. PS2 haters are saying FFX has too many videos and too much talking, but that doesn't ruin the game, it's still fun to play. They are saying the same thing about MGS2, but honestly it's a fun game.

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by playstation2
You cares XBOX sucks anyways! I was going to get one but the controller didn't fit into my car! (And no I don't have a Honda Civic)

Obviously, you are either stupid or unreasonable. Either way, take your PoS2 and maybe a friend's PoS2 as well, and go make a couple book stops with them...and be gone.

The XBox contoller is the best controller ever created. It doesn't feel like a plastic p.o.s....the PoS2 controllers seem way to small...makes your hands cramp up...and besides, what's up with the use of triangles, squares, circles, and stuff? :rolleyes:

Kooster
02-19-2002, 03:56 PM

Obviously, you are either stupid or unreasonable. Either way, take your PoS2 and maybe a friend's PoS2 as well, and go make a couple book stops with them...and be gone.

The XBox contoller is the best controller ever created. It doesn't feel like a plastic p.o.s....the PoS2 controllers seem way to small...makes your hands cramp up...and besides, what's up with the use of triangles, squares, circles, and stuff? :rolleyes: I agree with you, Maximus.

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 03:59 PM
I agree with you, Maximus.

Hey, Hotshot...have you ever played Halo on-line through Gamespy? If you haven't, I can gaurantee that you won't buy a new game for a long time! You won't need to!! :D

Kooster
02-19-2002, 04:01 PM

Hey, Hotshot...have you ever played Halo on-line through Gamespy? If you haven't, I can gaurantee that you won't buy a new game for a long time! You won't need to!! :D No, I haven't. How do you do it? I hope it's not very technical:p

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 04:04 PM
No, I haven't. How do you do it? I hope it's not very technical:p

Dude, it's really easy! Just so you know, I'm definately not a technical person either! But, even I did it :D

First, you have to have Broadband internet (like Cable or DSL)

Second, you have to own, or buy, a HUB

Third, you have to pick up 3 standard CAT 5 cables

Finally, you have to download the free Gamespy Arcade software and the free Gamespy Tunnel Software. Takes about 10 seconds.

I can tell you how to do it, but, you have to have broadband. Do you have cable or DSL?

Kooster
02-19-2002, 04:12 PM
I think that "XBOX" is the worst system with the most gimics and it is a shame that somepeople were tricked into buying it! I pray for those fools every night:o I know I wasn't tricked into buying it. I bought an Xbox because it has the best graphics, is the fastest, has a hard drive, has a built in modem, is going online summer 2002, and is the best system. It's going to kill PS2 this summer when online gaming comes out and Xbox owners will have a built in broadband modem, a hard drive, and tons of great games while PS2 owners will have to buy a modem ($40), a hard drive ($100), plus games. All you PS2 fans have to say about Xbox is "ooh its huge." Which means nothing since it's going to be in the same place all day. I definitely don't regret buying an Xbox and feel sorry for you for buying a PS2.

Kooster
02-19-2002, 04:14 PM

Dude, it's really easy! Just so you know, I'm definately not a technical person either! But, even I did it :D

First, you have to have Broadband internet (like Cable or DSL)

Second, you have to own, or buy, a HUB

Third, you have to pick up 3 standard CAT 5 cables

Finally, you have to download the free Gamespy Arcade software and the free Gamespy Tunnel Software. Takes about 10 seconds.

I can tell you how to do it, but, you have to have broadband. Do you have cable or DSL? I have a cable modem. Att broadband.

Kooster
02-19-2002, 04:38 PM
I think it might require a 5th grade education. I guess you can't do it on your PS2, then.

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 04:41 PM
I have a cable modem. Att broadband.

NICE! That's what I have! You can play on-line, then! Dude, I gaurantee that you won't buy another game for a long time if you play Halo on-line! It's the best gaming experience that I have ever had!

All you need to do is buy a HUB. They don't cost much. I recommend any 10/100 HUB. Also, you already have one CAT 5 cable that connects your cable modem to your computer. So, if you don't have any more, then, you need to pick up two more.

This is how you do it:

Take the HUB and plug the CAT 5 cable from your Cable modem into a port on the HUB that says "uplink".

Then, from port 1 on the HUB, plug the second CAT 5 cable into it and the other end into the back of your computer (this will give you back your internet access on your computer)

Next, from port 2, run the last CAT 5 cable from it and plug the other end into the back of your XBox.

Finally, you need to dowload two FREE softwares from Gamespy. It takes about 10 seconds each (or less). Here is the link:

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

On this, you will see "Gamespy Arcade Software" AND "Gamespy Tunnel Software". Download both of those and you are in business!

It's so easy it makes me almost cry in laughter! Just get on-line and you will not buy another game for a long time because you won't have to! Halo on-line is AWESOME!! :D

Write me back or Private Message me if you need any more help :)

gula
02-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Ehhh...I hate little PoS2 fanboys like that....

Darn, I need Broadband, and a new job. :(

Maximus, did you get your HDTV today? If so, how do ya like it?

(another thing I need, a new TV...)

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by gula
Ehhh...I hate little PoS2 fanboys like that....

Darn, I need Broadband, and a new job. :(

Maximus, did you get your HDTV today? If so, how do ya like it?

(another thing I need, a new TV...)

Hey, dude! Well, my wife called me and told me it's sitting nice a pretty in place just waiting for me :D I can't WAIT to get home and see it! After I drool and fart a few times with excitement, I'll sit down and load up Gamespy and play Halo on-line :D hehe...I can't WAIT!! :D

I'll provide a full report, as you might expect :D

gula
02-19-2002, 05:13 PM

Hey, dude! Well, my wife called me and told me it's sitting nice a pretty in place just waiting for me :D I can't WAIT to get home and see it! After I drool and fart a few times with excitement, I'll sit down and load up Gamespy and play Halo on-line :D hehe...I can't WAIT!! :D

I'll provide a full report, as you might expect :D

After I drool and fart a few times with excitement
Hahahahahahahahahahahhaah!!! Oh man...:D

Did you get the HDTV adapter for the XBox yet?
Hmm..Halo on an HDTV.... *falls out of seat*

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 05:18 PM

After I drool and fart a few times with excitement
Hahahahahahahahahahahhaah!!! Oh man...:D

Did you get the HDTV adapter for the XBox yet?
Hmm..Halo on an HDTV.... *falls out of seat*

Yeah, dude....I picked up the Monster 400 Component cables up yesterday. Best Buy has them on sale :D

gula
02-19-2002, 05:23 PM

Yeah, dude....I picked up the Monster 400 Component cables up yesterday. Best Buy has them on sale :D

*gets back up on the seat* Well the only thing I can say for now is, have fun when ya get home! :D

And when I get broadband, we have to play a little, we can play some......BLOODSKETBALL!!!

BloodsketBall

In the Blood Gulch level, set the weapons to rockets and infinite grenades, get 2 warthogs and take turns with a friend trying to use rockets and grenades to blow a warthog directly into the hole in the top of either of the Blood Gulch bases.

:D

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 05:26 PM

*gets back up on the seat* Well the only thing I can say for now is, have fun when ya get home! :D

And when I get broadband, we have to play a little, we can play some......BLOODSKETBALL!!!

BloodsketBall

In the Blood Gulch level, set the weapons to rockets and infinite grenades, get 2 warthogs and take turns with a friend trying to use rockets and grenades to blow a warthog directly into the hole in the top of either of the Blood Gulch bases.

hehehe...not a shabby idea! I haven't really messed around too much with Halo...just played serious games filled with bloody carnage :D But, what the heck! There's nothing better than watching the Warthog fly through the air....especially after watching the video you showed all of us!!! That was awesome! :D

monkeyman
02-19-2002, 05:30 PM
You cares XBOX sucks anyways! I was going to get one but the controller didn't fit into my car! (And no I don't have a Honda Civic)

wow you must have a pretty small ****................................................................................................ .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .....................................................................oh i meant car

gula
02-19-2002, 05:30 PM

hehehe...not a shabby idea! I haven't really messed around too much with Halo...just played serious games filled with bloody carnage :D But, what the heck! There's nothing better than watching the Warthog fly through the air....especially after watching the video you showed all of us!!! That was awesome! :D

Heh, if only you can use the grenades in multiplayer like you can in Single Player and Co-op(warthog movie) I'd be using the freaking warthogs as my cannons. You would just be looking around and then all of a sudden, BAM! A warhog goes flying across the map. :D :D

Ex: Throw a grenade under a warthog filled with all of the grenades under it, it goes FLYING! But in multiplayer, the one grenade you throw under the warthog only exploded...:(

Frostberg
02-19-2002, 05:36 PM

Heh, if you were can use the grenades in multiplayer like you can in Single Player and Co-op.....

You cant

gula
02-19-2002, 05:39 PM

You cant

I know, I'm just saying if only you can use the grenades in multiplayer like you can in single player/co-op, that would be great.

Kooster
02-19-2002, 06:04 PM

NICE! That's what I have! You can play on-line, then! Dude, I gaurantee that you won't buy another game for a long time if you play Halo on-line! It's the best gaming experience that I have ever had!

All you need to do is buy a HUB. They don't cost much. I recommend any 10/100 HUB. Also, you already have one CAT 5 cable that connects your cable modem to your computer. So, if you don't have any more, then, you need to pick up two more.

This is how you do it:

Take the HUB and plug the CAT 5 cable from your Cable modem into a port on the HUB that says "uplink".

Then, from port 1 on the HUB, plug the second CAT 5 cable into it and the other end into the back of your computer (this will give you back your internet access on your computer)

Next, from port 2, run the last CAT 5 cable from it and plug the other end into the back of your XBox.

Finally, you need to dowload two FREE softwares from Gamespy. It takes about 10 seconds each (or less). Here is the link:

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

On this, you will see "Gamespy Arcade Software" AND "Gamespy Tunnel Software". Download both of those and you are in business!

It's so easy it makes me almost cry in laughter! Just get on-line and you will not buy another game for a long time because you won't have to! Halo on-line is AWESOME!! :D

Write me back or Private Message me if you need any more help :) I understand everything, but I've got a problem. My Xbox is in my room on the 2nd floor of my house and my computer is in my basement. I can't move my Xbox or computer. Is there any way of getting my Xbox online without running a really long cable from my basement to my room?

thunderkiss2k1
02-19-2002, 06:10 PM
I think it might require a 5th grade education.

You DO realize you are an idiot, right?

Kooster
02-19-2002, 10:12 PM
I have lots more confidence in Xbox now than I did when I started this post. When I started it, I was worried about PS2 having more good games and all the remakes of old games. Now I know that Xbox won't be making remakes forever, just until PS2's contracts with game developers expire. Plus, the remakes are going to be really cool. I don't own a PS2, so all the games will be new to me. And when they come out, it will be easy to compare them to PS2's versions and brag about how good they are. Another reason that made me realize how good Xbox is was PS2's online gaming. It's going to be really hard for them to get online. PS2 owners are going to have to buy all the things Xbox already has built in, and it's going to be really expensive. Same for Gamecube.
All the GC and PS2 fanboys can say about Xbox is that it's heavy or the controller is huge. They're wrong about the controller because I think it's great. I got used to it the first day I bought my Xbox. And who cares if Xbox is heavy? It doesn't matter to me. I don't carry it around all day, plus I'm not a weakling who whines over a few pounds.
I'm really excited about Xbox's upcoming games. Project Ego sounds really cool. From the article I read about it in the OXM, I know it's going to make FFXI look puny. Brute Force also sounds cool. Tons of games coming out on Xbox sound cool. I can't wait until Xbox starts using it's full capabilities. Games will be awesome when it does.:)

Snoopy7548
02-20-2002, 02:15 PM
tru dat homes!:D haha

Markus_Kalarkus
02-20-2002, 02:29 PM
well frik man no really! what ps2 has been out for say 2 years. and look xbox has only been 4 months!!!!!! give it a while man and u will see:cool:

Kooster
02-21-2002, 03:29 PM
I understand everything, but I've got a problem. My Xbox is in my room on the 2nd floor of my house and my computer is in my basement. I can't move my Xbox or computer. Is there any way of getting my Xbox online without running a really long cable from my basement to my room?

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 03:40 PM
Hotshot...I responded to the private message that you sent me.

darqxvi
02-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by XBOXgamer13

hotshot657:

Online capability is a huge advantage for xbox. Do u heard any GCN online plans? I don't think so.

GCN has online plans, PSO will be online, along with other titles im sure, even tho i don't like gamecube, don't say something that isnt true.

Plewis
02-27-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by darqxvi

GCN has online plans, PSO will be online, along with other titles im sure, even tho i don't like gamecube, don't say something that isnt true.

sounds like it was a question to me...:cool:

Kooster
02-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by darqxvi

GCN has online plans, PSO will be online, along with other titles im sure, even tho i don't like gamecube, don't say something that isnt true. Yeah, and their plans are to make their customers buy tons of expensive addons, unlike Xbox which has everything built in.

Snoopy7548
02-28-2002, 06:03 PM
yea, same with ps2, i heard that the addons will cost around 140 dollars. i doubt that the online service for ps2 will succeed, people just dont wanna pay 140 bucks to get online.

ScorpionX
03-01-2002, 09:07 PM
I dont think it is lacking games at all. JSRF and Halo are the best games I have ever played. Maybe you do not have confidence in xbox hotshot?

Adema
03-01-2002, 09:11 PM
ummm NO! OXM lists the 100 most important games for the XBox. Thats just the most important too. There are other games out there that may just blow us away but the mag passed over them. I predict that the Gamecube won't even have 100 games by the time it fails and has to be used as a paper weight.

gula
03-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
yea, same with ps2, i heard that the addons will cost around 140 dollars. i doubt that the online service for ps2 will succeed, people just dont wanna pay 140 bucks to get online.

Actually the price for the addon's are around 200.

Price for PS2 - $300
Price for PS2 Addons - $200
Price for PS2 Game - $50
(total around $550)
Look on your face when you can get all of the PS2 addons on the XBox and notice you got screwed over on you PS2- Priceless!

Bakeman
03-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Xboxgamer13>> Gamecube has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I know Gamecube sucks and is REALLY lacking games, but it isn't XBOX's main competitor. PS2 is, and it has almost 250 games out now, not including the PS1 games that you can play on it. And compared to PS2's load of games, in my opinion, Xbox is lacking at the present time. Like I said before, right now, there are no strategy games, no roleplaying games, only one simulation game, and only two adventure games (one with horrible ratings). I just think that Xbox should have plenty of games for each genre, and should not make remakes of old games. Again, the future may be and should be much different, but currently I think Xbox is lacking games.
Frostberg>> Ok, I lied. I've only beaten Halo on heroic, but I did it by myself w/o any guides. But I still barely play it. My main point was just to tell Xtopia that I had Halo because he said I didn't.

Dude there is no such thing of a PS1 game that is still worth playing on a PS2!!!!

And 250+ games on the PS2 WOO HOO! Who cares! over half of them are probably worthless piles of dung.

Sorry but I really get on edge when someone brings up the fact you can play Ps1 games on the PS2, I would NEvER EVER use that as a selling point.

Kooster
03-01-2002, 09:58 PM
OKAAY!!! I made this post over 2 weeks ago. Xbox is the best. Yay! So stop replying like I'm some PS2 fan.