PDA

View Full Version : unofficial disturbing news

TheCovenant
06-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Well, my buddy matrix maul works at best buy, and gets the privelage of talking privatly with game company representatives every once in awhile. Sony, microsft, nintendo, the woiks;)

The other day his manager and him were talking about the 360 and looking up info on their charts or whatever, and they discovered that the 360 will NOT BE SHIPPING WITH THE WIRELESS CONTROLLERS. the controller in the box is wired, the wireless ones are accessories that you have to buy afterward. Now, matrix maul and his manager are no where near as official as, oh say, J Allard, but still, they arent saying this based of rumors. Its based on the facts thats reported to them from microsoft.

:yikes:

TOTTEN
06-05-2005, 10:37 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks for telling us.
:cry:

Darkside
06-05-2005, 10:41 PM
somehow I'm not suprised.

Hangnail
06-05-2005, 10:43 PM
That is bull****, excuse the language please, but they have crossed the line!!!
The big hype about the new consules is that they will be WIRELESS, and we have to buy the WIRELESS controler ourselfs!

It better just be the basic pack and not the bargin bundle dohicky. If we only get a regular controller with a 300+ price tag, then I see a lot of PS3s going of the shelves before the XBOX 360 is even noticed.

I didn't even notice a regular controller port on the 360.

THIS SUCKS... :cry:

And thank your friend for all of us, and be sure to keep the info comming! :cheers:

Shadow20002
06-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Will the Xbox controller is compatible with the new Xbox 360.

Hangnail
06-05-2005, 10:55 PM
If it isn't, MS has made another big mistake...

$ down the drain...

StudioAlex
06-05-2005, 11:21 PM
This is exactly how rumors get started. According to the info in OXM, all official and confirmed by MS, the Xbox 360 controller is wireless right out of the box.

Highlite23
06-05-2005, 11:27 PM
This is exactly how rumors get started. According to the info in OXM, all official and confirmed by MS, the Xbox 360 controller is wireless right out of the box.

Thanks Studio...............people...breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. Covey not that i don't believe your ffiend, but i gotta say he's wrong. :bang:

All documentation sent to GameStop specifies "wireless controller" in box. :)

Hangnail
06-05-2005, 11:30 PM
I guess thats why it says "unofficial" disturbing news then.

I really, REALLY hope you guys are right. I was about to lose it, I mean like" :cuss: "

MS was about to get more hate mail than there inbox can handle...

Highlite23
06-05-2005, 11:31 PM
I guess thats why it says "unofficial" disturbing news then.

I really, REALLY hope you guys are right. I was about to lose it, I mean like" :cuss: "

MS was about to get more hate mail than there inbox can handle...

Hangnail, dude, it's ok.....come in off the ledge buddy, it's allright. :p

Hangnail
06-05-2005, 11:45 PM
I guess I just have really high expectations for the new stuff comming out...
After seeing the PS3 on G4's coverage of E3, I want the XBOX 360 to be able to stand its ground when they are set lose on the world.

vman
06-06-2005, 12:00 AM
guys, its no big deal, just chill. its not like you will have to "deal" with wires now. You've always played with wires, what will be the big dif? of course they were advertising the fact that there would be wireless and it IS kinda ghey if they dont include them but dont get your panties in a bunch. it is still unofficial.

Highlite23
06-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Here is a little info on the "wired" and "Wirless" controllers.

Wireless is supposed to be in the box
Wired controllers will be available
You can charge your wirless controllers by plugging them into the fron USB ports, can also be done while playing
Wired controllers will also utilize the front USB ports.
So everybody should be happy!

That is all.............. ;)

vman
06-06-2005, 12:14 AM
YES!, i am happy!

Hangnail
06-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Yay, I have faith in MS once more!

I can finally get some sleep now...

joshuamclellan
06-06-2005, 12:52 AM
thats why you believe a vice prez of a gaming company over 2 dudes that work at a walmart.

360 has the advantage.

1- earlier launch than ps3
2- cheaper than ps3
3- 2 words...xbox live.

this system is own the market. no doubt.

TheCovenant
06-06-2005, 01:00 AM
thats why you believe a vice prez of a gaming company over 2 dudes that work at a walmart.

360 has the advantage.

2- cheaper than ps3
3- 2 words...xbox live.

hmm. The thread does say "unofficial". This isnt a rumor though, apperantly the wireless controller was for show, the xbox comes with wired controllers, according to what microsoft says. Now, microsoft talking to OXM and microsoft talking to Best Buy is different. For oxm they have to look good, for best buy they have to be realistic.

Im not saying this is definite, im just relaying what microsoft sent to best buy. Thats it. Either way, keep this in the back of your head, in case it is true, you wont burst on the spot.

Also, a sony representative talked to maul and maul asked him "if the 360 has usb ports and the psp connects via these ports, what psp 360 interactivity will there be?"

The sony guy just laughed and said " i havent heard anyting about that"

LTM360
06-06-2005, 07:09 AM
You sure that it didn't mean to say something to the effect of "shipping with the capability to be wired."? I'm almost sure I read/heard something along the lines that you can have a wired controller, there's only 1 port for it, and it charges your controller during gameplay. Again, do not quote me, I just am sure I saw that on Gamespot or something.

mattgame
06-06-2005, 10:54 AM
That would kill me. Therefore, I know it's not going down that way. Bill doesn't want to kill me.

AlphaRaptor
06-06-2005, 11:56 AM

360 has the advantage.

2- cheaper than ps3
3- 2 words...xbox live.

I may be a bit early to say so, but what I can tell so far:

4- Better games

Hangnail
06-06-2005, 12:24 PM
4- Better games

The only game that I saw that was really worth buying with the launch is Gears of War, I just wish the guys in the game didn't look like they were from starcraft :confused: ...

AlphaRaptor
06-06-2005, 12:48 PM
The only game that I saw that was really worth buying with the launch is Gears of War
Thats you oppinion :p

Hangnail
06-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm not saying that it is the ONLY good game, im just saying that after buying the 360, you going to be about -300 or more. So im just going to buy one game for right now, and thats probably going to be Gears of War.... Or Quake....

or perfect dark.... or Call of Duty....

mrmp3
06-06-2005, 05:22 PM
I've read from 3 internet sites and 2 gaming publication that the Xbox 360 has 2 front USB ports and one rear USB port. Now let's do Math:

2 + 1 = 3

Now how many players does a single console support? Ans: 4.

Thus, at least ONE controller must be wireless to achieve this. Microsoft wouldn't make it so that say you and 3 friends all bought a 360 and want to play a game on one system at someone's house and leave someone hanging cause there isn't a 4th USB slot. I have no question in my mind the controller boxed in will be wireless. Again, we also heard of multiple pricing packages ($300 and $360 I believe were the price tags), maybe one has wireless one doesn't or it has to do with the cameras and harddrives, who knows. But I'm almost 100% certain at least 1 Xbox 360 package (and I don't mean like a EBGames bundle, I mean an official thing boxed together by Microsoft) will have the wireless controller upon launch. That would be so dumb if I, my brother, or one of my friends had to buy a seperate controller just so we could play on one console. Don't care if you don't agree with my logic but that's what I'm sticking to.

ColdArmoR
06-06-2005, 07:01 PM
I doubt it... I seriously think it is goig to have to ship w/ wireless.

TheCovenant
06-06-2005, 08:28 PM
im just sayin'... thats what it said. I personally think it will ship with the wireless, but if it doesnt, it wont kill me lilke mattgame.

Hangnail
06-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm still curious to see how good the wireless capability will be. I hope it is better than what is available right now...

If it is not, then it probably won't matter what the 360 is shipped with. If it has a crappy connection, then only the people who want the newest stuff are going to use them. The hardcore gamers are going to use what is best.

So everybody should be happy. The tech dudes get there new age tech, the gammers get there instruments of distruction. Wether it is the same controller, we'll have to wait and see...

SPARTAN VI
06-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I seriously doubt that this true. Think about it, why would any news like this, official or otherwise, come from an insignificant BestBuy in southern California?

It wouldn't.

TheCovenant
06-06-2005, 09:17 PM
I seriously doubt that this true. Think about it, why would any news like this, official or otherwise, come from an insignificant BestBuy in southern California?

It wouldn't.

hmm, i thought you were smart. obviously, the report is the same nationwide...:rolleyes:

Whisper
06-06-2005, 09:24 PM
just delete the thread so rumors don't spread.. people could come in, read the first post only and believe it.

AlphaRaptor
06-07-2005, 11:18 AM
^Agree ((((Delete this thread))))

Satch
06-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm sayin' delete it as well.

rune holm
06-07-2005, 03:30 PM
This is a highly relevant discussion, even if its based on speculation. Personally, i hope that the x360 will come WITHOUT the wireless. Why? I just dont trust that wireless cr... I want my controller to be full of energy and power directly from the machine - not some crappy little battery! Just make the cords longer MS, end of story :D And start focusing on the controller and its abilities instead of this wirelessness.
For all you diehard "wireless indians" im just saying; dont worry, the x360 will proberly come with the wireless controller! Why? ´Cause it always seems that I AM not getting my dreams fullfilled........

Stryder504
06-07-2005, 03:38 PM
The wireless controllers come with cords you can plug into the 360, so when if it ships with wireless controllers youll be able to plug them in, but the price will probably be a little higher because of the wireless function :cool: don't worry, itll work better than you think

J4320
06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I really don't think this is a big deal. It'll all work out.

OC Noob
06-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Interesting topic.

I know a lot of people don't like wireless mice on the computer because of a slight lag, which is generally not noticable, but when playing FPSers at a high skill level even a fraction of a second can make a difference.

I wonder if wireless controllers on consoles will be the same? I don't use Live other than at friends houses so I've never tried Halo on Live with a wireless controller.

Anyway, coming with a wired controller would definitely suck after them hyping the wireless unit. It won't break the deal for me, but it will be stored to memory for future reference when dealing with MS.

That said, memos or documents can be flawed so my money is still on wireless cotrollers coming with the unit.

JediMasterChief
06-08-2005, 10:55 AM
I may be a bit early to say so, but what I can tell so far:

4- Better games

Well said.

I initially thought the X360 WAS coming with a wireless controller. Then I read through the official Xbox site and got the impression it WASN'T after all.

mrmp3
06-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Interesting topic.

I know a lot of people don't like wireless mice on the computer because of a slight lag, which is generally not noticable, but when playing FPSers at a high skill level even a fraction of a second can make a difference.

I wonder if wireless controllers on consoles will be the same? I don't use Live other than at friends houses so I've never tried Halo on Live with a wireless controller.

Anyway, coming with a wired controller would definitely suck after them hyping the wireless unit. It won't break the deal for me, but it will be stored to memory for future reference when dealing with MS.

That said, memos or documents can be flawed so my money is still on wireless cotrollers coming with the unit.

Yea on PC I just can't deal with wireless mice, simply put, they can't deal with an FPS. The Logitech Wireless controller for Xbox doesn't have lag, but between battery life (which with the life of the controller gets much worse just like their headset) and it's ridiculous tendency to just **** the bed whenever it feels like, it's not exactly 100% reliable. I think Microsoft will do better though.