PDA

View Full Version : Conker LIVE & RELOADED : Early Review HERE!

thrAsher
06-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Saw this at another site, and had to post it. I'm so looking forward to this game, shooter or not.

Alright, here’s the score. Conker: Live and Reloaded, is simply, amazing... the guys at Rare apparently worked long and hard to bring you this game, and it believe me, it sure did pay off! The Classic N64 game: Conker's Bad Fur Day, updated to Xbox standards with graphics and everything, and the best, the multiplayer, where 16 players can play online in bloody team battles!

Graphics: 10/10
Yep, a perfect 10. Everything, every little pixel, was detailed and had lots of thought put into it to make everything look its greatest. All of the characters are well animated, when you get hurt and blood flies on the camera, you would probably be tempted to wipe it off. I really don't know any possible way they could improve them, awesome job Rare!

Music: 10/10
Another 10. There’s a lot of classic N64 tunes digitally re mastered. When you hear them this way, you wont be able to stand hearing the N64 versions of them. There’s a few new tunes as well that are of course, amazing.

Sound: 10/10
Great voice acting, but a few voices seem a LITTLE off since their N64 days, but it doesn't matter. Great sound effects everywhere you go in the game!

Controls: 9.7/10
Wow, this doesn't get a 10. Still the controls are awesome, even with one flaw. For the Single Player, everything is straight forward, from jumping to moving, or shooting someone, EXCEPT, swimming. I'm sorry, swimming was a big pain in the ass, its just very hard to control. The underwater blenders is most likely the hardest part of the game, if you can pass that on your first go, I will envy you. Multiplayer is pretty straight forward too, Right trigger to shoot, Y to change weapon, X to change special move, and L to change what kind of ammo you use. Seems simple enough, unless your retarded!

Replay Value: 10/10
Well I don't think it would apply to the Single Player, you might want to replay it once or twice, even though its the same as the N64 version, except with a few cool things added here and there, but the online multiplayer, is nothing but addicting fun which you will want to take on new challengers over and over again.

Fun Factor: 9.8/10
This game is fun, no need for collecting (well except you might need to search for a few bucks in order to go further in the game, but it isn't out of control). Items are always there when you need it thanks to context sensitive, just push B on a B pad and you will be given what you need at that time! Nice! In addition, there’s many funny cut scenes, but of course they are M rated, so if you cant take bad words blood and sex then I'd advise you choose a different game, because you will see ALOT of M rated material here! There’s a few points in the game that are very easy and straight forward, and some that will have your teeth grinding into dust, but that shouldn't keep you from playing, I mean, you like challenges right? Multiplayer is 5 times funnier than Single player, blowing and killing everyone. Sounds like every other game in the market, but the multiplayer has a certain "Feel" that many games lack, I'm not sure what that is, but I know one thing for sure, you wont be disappointed.

Final Analysis: 10/10
Well this game has 2 or 3 flaws, and a couple a bugs, but if you forget about them, you got yourself a perfect game. Make sure to get X-box live because most of your source of fun will come from online! Now what are you waiting for, go buy the game right now and play!'

Source (http://www.rare-extreme.com/?section=e32005&page=e32005games.html)

This seems to be somebody's review from playing the game at E3, and it was posted at a Rare fansite, so I imagine we should take this review w/ a grain of salt. I have no doubt it will score in the high 9's, and even get some 'perfect' scores from some reviewers, though.

And to think it comes out just a couple days after my birthday. I guess Rare DOES care.

:)

Salmonaitor
06-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Wow, it certainly sounds like fun, and I just cancelled my XBL subscription recently. :cry: I also downdraded my internets, and I'm not sure my wife will let me lupgrade it again because I just stocked up on all the HD channels. I'm already paying $118/month. :bang:

Oh well, we'll see what Father's Day brings.

thrAsher
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Here's some more info from rarewareextreme.com:

Overview:

A game of many parts, each with enough content to constitute a full game in itself, Conker: Live & Reloaded is Rare's first major foray into Xbox Live territory. And a truly full-blooded venture it is too.

The heart of the game, playable via Live or system link, charts the bitter clash between Squirrels and Tediz against the backdrop of two distinct settings: Old War and Future War. The former revolves around a WWII-style scenario similar to that which occurred throughout the game's classic predecessor, Conker's Bad Fur Day, while the latter continues the story of that battle - as the bloodthirsty Tediz forces receive a major upgrade...

With six selectable character classes for each side in each setting (adding up to a full 24 choices of character model), there's a suitable choice for every style of play. For instance, the Demolisher does exactly what you'd expect him to do, lugging massive assault weapons around on his shoulder, while the Sneeker takes the opposite route and aims for kills by stealth. Skyjockeys, Thermophiles, Long Rangers and no-nonsense Grunts also have their own skill sets, weapons and equal importance in the composition of your elite fighting team. As the war rages on you'll also find that the availability of secondary weapons, destructive gadgets and controllable vehicles proves very handy.

Sequential campaign missions and deathmatches are both part of the finished package, selectable at will to suit the number (up to 16) and attitude of players per game. High-performance soldiers can expect to earn medals, climb through the ranks and ultimately unlock all sorts of new features, so even if the lives of your stuffed squad members mean nothing to you, there's still a lot worth playing for...

Team-based action aside, the remaining part of the game is the extensive single-player mode, which long-time fans (and other persons of considerable taste) may recognise as Conker's original Bad Fur Day, given a drastic audiovisual makeover in its journey up a generation from the N64. All the old favourites are there, from Berri to Birdy, Gregg to Franky and a whole load of Tediz, and in its shiny new guise it's an essential play for veterans and newcomers alike. It's jam-packed with swearing and filth, of course - this isn't Conker's Nice Fur Day, after all - but crucially there's some top-tier gameplay in there too.

Features
The following are the features known so far with Live and Reloaded:

Team-focused, story-driven, Xbox Live gameplay: Team-based gameplay is at the heart of this shooter, pitting the noble Squirrels against the evil Tediz. Players can choose from a variety of scenario-based missions featuring two unique campaigns—Old War and Future War—with each mission featuring its own distinctly challenging gameplay mode. Campaign story lines, comprised of multiple missions played progressively, bring an innovative and fresh approach to team-based shooters and Xbox Live, supporting up to 16 players.

Elite squad action: Players choose from six character classes, including Skyjockey, Long Ranger, Grunt, Demolisher, Thermophile, and Sneaker, each with its own signature weapons and abilities. In Conker: Live and Reloaded, team composition has strategic and tactical advantages and implications.

Xbox Live gameplay: Team-based gameplay, innovative campaign story lines, and distinctive humor all make for a great experience on Xbox Live. Online players strategize, cooperate, and communicate as a team in Campaign mode, or venture out solo against buddies in Deathmatch. Players can earn war medals, rise through the ranks, secure unlockables, and download new maps.

Massive arsenal for maximum carnage: Devastating weapons include camera-guided rockets, an acid thrower, and loads of grenade types. Operate five types of vehicles including Sky Steed, Mule Bomber, R-Hog, Toad Jeep, and Tankus and various types of equipment such as anti-infantry sentries, medi-guns, and a snoop camera. Special abilities allow players to disguise themselves or feign death and sneak up on unsuspecting foes to unload a demoralizing array of attacks.

Twisted and irreverent world of Conker: Over-the-top humor, characters, and gameplay dominate in every way with rude wit, lewd innuendoes, and ridiculous violence. The juxtaposition of the characters, Squirrels and Tediz, and their world is at the heart of the humor. The expressions, exclamations, and special effects bring out the true Conker flavor.

Wildly bizarre single-player adventure: The critically acclaimed single-player game Conker’s Bad Fur Day is now on Xbox, fully recreated with amazing graphics and enhanced profanity. The game is full of hilarious situations, movie pastiches, off-the-wall puzzles, and crazy characters in an offbeat world, including horny bees, voluptuous sun flowers, singing piles of poo, and even Death himself.

Heck, just go HERE (http://www.rare-extreme.com/?section=conker2&page=index.html) for tons of links and info on Conker, then tell me what you think.

Shadow20002
06-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Will try it if i have time to paly this game.

Kamshaft
06-07-2005, 12:31 PM
They've blown away their embargo date/contract, M$ is be gonna pissed. We can't post anything until the 21st. We've been playing it for a while now.

LiquidX
06-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Man I need money for this game BAD... and for 360... and for PD0... and.....

SoundX
06-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Bloody awesome + it can only be good news for Perfect Dark Zero, for those of us a little doubtful of their skills. ;-)

Slowride
06-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm confused. Is the live portion just deathmatch and co-op? Or is there team v team as well?

thrAsher
06-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm confused. Is the live portion just deathmatch and co-op? Or is there team v team as well?

Definitely team action, man. Tediz vs. Squirrels. Both factions have the same types of units, though, they just look different.

Conker Character Classes (http://www.rare-extreme.com/?section=conker2&page=conkerliveclasses.html)

Highlite23
06-07-2005, 10:02 PM
The game rocks!! But like Steph said, I can't give you my official in depth opinion until the 21st, so be on the lookout! :p

thrAsher
06-07-2005, 11:42 PM
The game rocks!! But like Steph said, I can't give you my official in depth opinion until the 21st, so be on the lookout! :p

Nope. Too long. I'm flying out as we speak. Rather, I'm at the airport now. I should be in Huntley in about 5 hours.

Couch will be fine. Not like I'd be getting off of it for a day or two.

:hump:

Highlite23
06-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Nope. Too long. I'm flying out as we speak. Rather, I'm at the airport now. I should be in Huntley in about 5 hours.

Couch will be fine. Not like I'd be getting off of it for a day or two.

:hump:

No sleeping...we play in the basement, it's finished has a bathroom and a bar, the essentials basically. So what time do I pick you up?
:p

Slowride
06-09-2005, 02:01 PM
aaahhhh they're so cute. :)

CharlieHustle
06-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Wow, it certainly sounds like fun, and I just cancelled my XBL subscription recently. :cry: I also downdraded my internets, and I'm not sure my wife will let me lupgrade it again because I just stocked up on all the HD channels. I'm already paying $118/month. :bang:

Oh well, we'll see what Father's Day brings.

Slamon.. Youre payin 118 a month for cable with no Highspeed?? You just might need to call your cable provider. I have high speed, HD and the dvr receiver, and i only pay 120-125 a month(if im late on the payment). I cant live without these features.