PDA

View Full Version : Photorealistic Cars in Test Drive Unlimited

Shadow20002
06-07-2005, 05:14 PM
RABCAT is currently working on a considerable amount of photorealistic and true to original cars for the upcoming next generation racing game "Test Drive® Unlimited". Developed by Eden Games, the title will be published by Atari® for the anticipated Xbox 360TM.

"This is a huge step forward in mastering graphic requirements for the next generation of video games" says Thomas Schleischitz, who is one of RABCAT's co-founders and the responsible producer for this project. "This production points out our ambitions to become one of the cutting edge games-outsourcing companies in Europe".

Due to the growing complexity of games and the increased expectations of the target audience outsourcing has become a key word for the industry. RABCAT's outsourcing model is aligned to these new demands and the company demonstrates its qualitative services by working on AAA games with several high profile clients.

"RABCAT's mastering of both technical and artistic fields combined with on-time deliveries make it an awesome partner for our current and future productions" says Ahmed Boukhelifa, Producer at Eden Games.

Arnold Blueml, one of the company's co-founders, ads: "Working together with Eden Games is an exciting experience and a good example of where the graphic production of video games will move in the next years. We are glad to collaborate with Eden Games in such a great way and are looking forward to the release of "Test Drive® Unlimited" and other promising Eden Games titles in the future".

Source (www.testdriveunlimited.com)

J4320
06-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Wow. Sounds great. I'm not much of a car game guy though.

AlphaRaptor
06-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Can I rip em to shreds? ;)

ALC
06-09-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm not a fan of the test-drive franchise.. Maybe they'll be turning over a new leaf with the advent of the 360?

mattgame
06-09-2005, 09:29 PM
I wasn't either but the trailers I've seen look amazing.

TheCovenant
06-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm not a fan of the test-drive franchise.. Maybe they'll be turning over a new leaf with the advent of the 360?

advent rising...?

anyways, those look very good. I also havent been a fan of the test drive franchise, but if they can do this, so can forza 2.

Boomer
06-12-2005, 07:14 PM
I only have one problem with Test Drive unlimited so far and its in this picture http://www.testdriveunlimited.com/pack/pop/pack03/shot_08.jpg Those mirrors are terrible!! sqaured lines were going to be left behind for the first xbox, but i guess they're still going be around. :(

ColdArmoR
06-12-2005, 08:52 PM
This game looks so good from the screenshots I've seen, minus the one posted here, but the mirrors seen to be the biggest problem in that screenshot.

Boomer
06-12-2005, 10:26 PM
They seem to be the only problem in that screenshot. If this game has that level of detail in the game I'll be shocked, even though quite a bit of it is texture mapping it's still pretty amazing looking.

Variation-XBA
06-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Graphics are great, but it's not photorealistic. If it's photorealistic, I should be having to guess if it's real or not.