PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: MS limiting amount of 360 released

kenji
06-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Sorry if this was posted, but I searched and couldn't find it.

I was talking to a gaming store guy and he said that MS is not releasing huge amounts of XBox 360 in order to constrain the market for some reason. This is probably the sole reason why I preordered mine for $50. Apparently if you don't reserve one, then you won't get one for a couple of months before they reship, like when PS2 first came out, 'cept on purpose.

Truth or fiction, I have no idea, but I thought that it was an interesting thought.

TheCovenant
06-12-2005, 02:13 AM
im trying to see the advantage they get with this. Were i them, id try and get as many possible xbox's out there as possible. The market should be saturated with xbox ad's and xbox everything. They really need to utilize that year they got themselves, otherwise, they better have a system out much more powerful than the ps3, and delay it for a year.

OC Noob
06-12-2005, 03:58 AM
im trying to see the advantage they get with this. Were i them, id try and get as many possible xbox's out there as possible. The market should be saturated with xbox ad's and xbox everything. They really need to utilize that year they got themselves, otherwise, they better have a system out much more powerful than the ps3, and delay it for a year.

I agree, sounds like fiction. They have nothing to gain by delaying it and lose the very thing they are busting ass to get (a head start on the PS3).

I'd have to say fiction.

I read something somewhere (guess its about as reliable as the original info) and I'm almost positive it was a decent source that said MS wants to have 2 million units for the November launch. Sounds like a lot, but then again, my EB only had a few more pre-orders left and a lot of people had pre-ordered, so who knows what will happen.

StudioAlex
06-12-2005, 11:38 AM
The game store guy succeeded in getting you to put down $50 for a preorder. Congratulations.

mattgame
06-12-2005, 03:28 PM
The game store guy succeeded in getting you to put down $50 for a preorder. Congratulations.

Pimpin ain't easy!! :rofl:

Shadow20002
06-12-2005, 03:52 PM
For a sake of DOA 4, i will get it by the time it's launch...

skorp
06-13-2005, 07:10 PM
I can see why it would be hard to satisfy everyone if your trying to launch the 360 in the US, Canada, Europe and Japan at the same time.

I guess just a little precaution for the unfortunate individuals that won't be able to own one around launch...

_Jo-E_
06-13-2005, 08:09 PM
lol, that would make no sense what so ever....... the guy at the game store is saying if you don't reseevr it ti's going to be ahrd to get your hands on... they are going to sell out VERY fast. MS and only make so many units. not every store can get ahold of 700 360's to sell

ColdArmoR
06-13-2005, 08:49 PM

That's what I was thinking... ;)

m4oH
06-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I doubt it. I see microsoft having no advantage by doing this.