PDA

View Full Version : Conker ign review

TheCovenant
06-18-2005, 01:41 AM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/626/626725p1.html

:nightmare

hebgbz
06-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Just a prediction, but I bet after I rent it I will agree with their assessment. Just seems about right from what I have read and watched so far. The score does not surprise me in the least. To think it barely made an 8 though. Wow. The fanboys will be ripping IGN a new @sshole now.

mattgame
06-18-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm going to get it anyway. They actually scored it well if you take out the multiplayer.

thrAsher
06-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Hilary is a tool. He/she didn't even know you could change your sniper ammo.

For another, completely different review, go to http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36292&subsectionid=1606.

They say pretty much the opposite, that the SP is a yawnfest and the multiplayer is amazing.

Take your reviews w/ a grain of salt, people. It's because of 'review conscious' gamers that the industry sucks the wang it does (for the most part). I mean, IGN gave Jade Empire what, a 9.7 or some stupid ****. I played that game for two days and haven't thought about it again. Kotor was just so much better, IMHO, and was an actual RPG versus Jade's Baldur's Gate-like levelling and inventory system.

I'll have Conker the day it drops, IGN be damned. I feel sorry for those who won't buy this game because of one lousy review, I have full faith it's going to be a riot online.

Koopa
06-18-2005, 01:45 PM
I've always trusted IGN, but....

i think I'll give it a rental first.

TheCovenant
06-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Hilary is a tool. He/she didn't even know you could change your sniper ammo.

For another, completely different review, go to http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36292&subsectionid=1606.

They say pretty much the opposite, that the SP is a yawnfest and the multiplayer is amazing.

Take your reviews w/ a grain of salt, people. It's because of 'review conscious' gamers that the industry sucks the wang it does (for the most part). I mean, IGN gave Jade Empire what, a 9.7 or some stupid ****. I played that game for two days and haven't thought about it again. Kotor was just so much better, IMHO, and was an actual RPG versus Jade's Baldur's Gate-like levelling and inventory system.

I'll have Conker the day it drops, IGN be damned. I feel sorry for those who won't buy this game because of one lousy review, I have full faith it's going to be a riot online.

i would take that comment serious if it wasn't for your sig and avatar :(

rpgreligion
06-18-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop the 50 for this one. I never purchased any Conker games for the N64, so I believe I'll try it out. Sounds crazy.

MasterChief21
06-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Hmm this game does look pretty good. The multiplayer looks like fun and For the campaing if you want you can play ConkersBad Fur day. Also there is this cheat in Multyplayer that you can get that will take off the swears that they say in Story mode. I guess i go with IGn hopin it will be good.

faceoff508
06-18-2005, 10:45 PM
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914940.asp

thrAsher
06-18-2005, 11:25 PM
i would take that comment serious if it wasn't for your sig and avatar :(
..................WHAT???

:p

It's good to see another 9, though.

OC Noob
06-19-2005, 02:32 AM
If you haven't played through the SP this is still a must have title.

As for the MP, I was going to get live to play it, but now I'm going to hold off. There is always the possibility that the reviewer was a total noob. It happens a lot, kind of like the idiot that gave Far Cry a 7/10 because it was too hard. And he was reviewing for a national magazine. From the sniper riffle comment I'd say its definitely a possibility that the reviewer flaked on the MP and its rather difficult to gauge MP with limited hands on time, especially for a console noob. No offense, but most non-PCers are clueless about MP, with the exception of you die hard Live guys.

Either way, this one is a wait and see. Once I get the word from you guys, then I will make my move.

LeoBreaker
06-19-2005, 10:23 AM
8 is still a pretty good rating. and i'm fairly certain that is probably the final rating cause places like ign always get games earlier than everyone else just so they can play it/rate it. just wait for game informer's review, they are always trust worthy

OC Noob
06-19-2005, 12:09 PM
8 is still a pretty good rating. and i'm fairly certain that is probably the final rating cause places like ign always get games earlier than everyone else just so they can play it/rate it. just wait for game informer's review, they are always trust worthy

I used to think that too until I saw the light-weight that reviewed Forza last month. He pretty much knocked 1.5 pts off the score for a sim racer not being arcadish enough.

What a losser. Btw, he gave it an 8.5 out of 10 so it got about the same score as games like.

I almost always think GI reviews are fair (may not agree though). I think this reviewer was rather unfair. He pretty much compared it to GT4 and the way I understood it was because he could jump into GT4 and be good, while he was having trouble controlling the cars in Forza that Forza had some how failed in that regard.

Sure, Forza didn't go 100% arcadish with their driving aids like some driving sims, but to take serious points off for something that even the biggest racing noob can overcome was not fair, IMO. I sucked at first and figured out that the driving path assist showed that I wasn't slowing down enough and that I was braking too much in my turns. Just because you can take turns without regard to speed and braking in turns in GT4 with all the assists on doesn't mean Forzas more realistic approach w/ assists on is wrong.

Very bad call IMO and I've seen about 1 major review that I diagree with issues similar to this in the last few months of the magazine. I have to wonder if they shipped some of the losers from GMR when Ziff shut them down.

Either way just keep an eye out over the next few months for what I'm saying and let me know what you think.

Certainly Forza is better than an 8.5/10 game from people who hand out perfect 10's almost monthly. I do like GT4 single player a little better, but with the customization and online Forza is easily (IMO, better) as good as GT4 (9.2/10).

ps Let me also state that I've found 99% of their reviews to be fair and still think they are the best game reviewing mag out there. Its hard as heck to find a core of reviewers that don't give Mario or other Nintendo franchises extra points due to nostalgia rather than rating them on their merit and the GI crew actually seems to do a decent job of that and with the majority of their reviews.

LTM360
06-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Must we remember this is the website that gave WWF Raw a 9.1? Yeah.... IGN doesn't have much credibility after that one.

I never played the N64 version, I'm gettin this Tuesday. :)

(send me a friend invite thrAsh)

I'll take Gamespot's review as always, unless Greg Kasavin reviews it.

Kamshaft
06-20-2005, 08:14 AM
OUr review will be posted tonight at midnight EST.

mrmp3
06-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Must we remember this is the website that gave WWF Raw a 9.1? Yeah.... IGN doesn't have much credibility after that one.

I never played the N64 version, I'm gettin this Tuesday. :)

(send me a friend invite thrAsh)

I'll take Gamespot's review as always, unless Greg Kasavin reviews it.

Ah, but don't forget Wreckless and Jade Empire (not saying jade isn't good, just it ain't no 9.8-9.9)

Darkside
06-20-2005, 08:06 PM
I'll buy it just for the single-player.

StudioAlex
06-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Preview of the XBA review:

"Conker's Bad Fur Day = totally ghey"

JoeX
06-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Speaking of Conker - couple of vids pulled from the TXB forums, showing the nastier parts of the single player - completely juvenile, but fun

bouncing boobs (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Lewd_boobs)

cow pooping (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Lewd_cowsqueeze)

cow crap in that video is nassssty

peeing sequence (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Lewd_pee)

and the mad squirrell doth puketh (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Lewd_puke)

Plewis
06-21-2005, 01:50 AM
The review was decent. A few typos... I'd read it over and edit it again real quick. Not big stuff. He just wrote were when he mean where one time. Stuff like that...

but I dunno what to do; I won't buy it. I might rent it...

lax_defense
06-21-2005, 05:21 PM
The review was decent. A few typos... I'd read it over and edit it again real quick. Not big stuff. He just wrote were when he mean where one time. Stuff like that...

but I dunno what to do; I won't buy it. I might rent it...

Heh. Funnie Ironi.