PDA

View Full Version : Broken drive=what exactly?

m4oH
06-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Okay so I'm not good with all this hardware stuff and I have a question for those of you that have some knowledge on this subject. Ok my question is, I have a thomson harddrive and I know its gonna break eventually(kinda already on my 3rd xbox). Well I dont want to get real far in Morrowind and do it for nothing, i would like to be able to show it off later to my friends. So lets say my thomson breaks can I get a technician person(I know someone who is really good with xboxes) to change my harddrive over to a new xbox or get a new phillips or samsung drive? Or are the drive and harddrive the same thing? BOttom Line: If my thomson drive breaks, are my saved games lost or are they still there?

Shadow20002
06-19-2005, 05:24 PM
If you break it, you can call Microsoft's number to get it fixed but you need to pay for the shipping costs.

m4oH
06-19-2005, 06:27 PM
so you're telling me they can fix it and keep my save games on it? Or does the thomson drive even have anything to do with saved games.

Dj Logical 1
06-19-2005, 08:21 PM
how exactly does ur drive break>?
Well youcan always copy ur saved games onto a Mem Card...

TOTTEN
06-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Once the drives dead you just cant put discs in there the saves still will be on the xbox. Just move them to your new box with a memory card if your current one breaks.

Ninjermy
06-19-2005, 10:26 PM
You do know there is a difference between the CD-Drive and the Hard-Drive right? ur saves are on the harddrive not the disk reader.

m4oH
06-20-2005, 09:27 AM
People,people. Memory cards only work for like .05 percent of the games. I'm talking about MORROWIND here. Its not memory card copy-able.

Ninjermy
06-20-2005, 10:09 AM
People,people. Memory cards only work for like .05 percent of the games. I'm talking about MORROWIND here. Its not memory card copy-able.

Um, I hope this comment was not directed at me but if it was... your harddrive is not a memory card. :p

m4oH
06-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Once the drives dead you just cant put discs in there the saves still will be on the xbox. Just move them to your new box with a memory card if your current one breaks.
No ninjermy why would that be directed at you? It had nothing to do with your post. Some people suggested moving them to a memory card such as TOTTEN and MisterWiggles, thats who it was directed at.

Stryder504
06-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Put as many of your save games possible on to a memory card. I sent my busted xbox to microsoft and thought that i'd have all my saves when i got it back, but I lost every single save on the system. :nightmare I had to beat all my games again and lost all my music that i put on the Hard drive. I don't know why they erase the hard drive, but they do. :confused:

K3v1n
06-25-2005, 01:27 AM
hmm guess u know by now that thomson is the dvd drive... but anyway if ur handy... but im not gonna go into detail u can backup the drive.. but it will void warranty... but with that said microsoft charges alot off the warranty and all they really do is run a disc reformat the hard drive.. loss all date etc.