PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 Release Date - Pushed Back???

TRSundown
06-20-2005, 12:41 PM
I went to Toys R Us this weekend and was having a discussion with the sales rep in the Console Gaming section. He said their XB360 release date shipping data was all pulled because Microsoft is rescheduling the release date to sometime in 2006.

Can anyone verify this as fact or sales person ignorance?

TokyoPie
06-20-2005, 12:47 PM
I hope they don't push it back! I want my 360 this year :hump: .

TheCovenant
06-20-2005, 12:53 PM
I hope they don't push it back! I want my 360 this year :hump: .

me too. i can never be verified until its officially announced. So far, a lot of customer reps are saying different things about the 360 though...

vman
06-20-2005, 02:10 PM
omg, take **** like that like a grain of salt.

Whisper
06-20-2005, 02:55 PM
The release date of the 360 has not been pushed back, that would be impossible, as a release date has not been set.

mattgame
06-20-2005, 03:32 PM
The "expected" time of release may be later than first anticipated. That would be the way to say it. Oh well, I now know not to get to hyped for it. Although, I spoke to a sales rep from Gamestop and he said nothing of the sort.

FB-Gollum
06-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Um, I don't think that missing the christmas rush is something MS is prepared to do unless absolutely necessary. Missing the biggest consumption period of the year with a hot new product with no direct competitor seems to me to be a mission critical style failure. I'd be extremely disappointed in MS if that were to happen. However, I highly doubt it, and I'd bet 10 dollars to a doughnut that your Toys R Us guy knows diddly over squat.

Whisper
06-20-2005, 09:25 PM
He could be just a PS fanboy, wanting to make a Xbox fanboy feel bad.

StudioAlex
06-20-2005, 10:06 PM
As a rule of thumb, don't ever believe customer reps.

mattgame
06-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Um, I don't think that missing the christmas rush is something MS is prepared to do unless absolutely necessary. Missing the biggest consumption period of the year with a hot new product with no direct competitor seems to me to be a mission critical style failure. I'd be extremely disappointed in MS if that were to happen. However, I highly doubt it, and I'd bet 10 dollars to a doughnut that your Toys R Us guy knows diddly over squat.

He probably just got hired. His last job was probably at Paula's Gift shop making bows.

Shadow20002
06-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Around Christmas, it's better cause it's my birthday so maybe i will get it as a gift.

TokyoPie
06-20-2005, 11:23 PM
He probably just got hired. His last job was probably at Paula's Gift shop making bows.

hahaha :rofl: oh thats great. :hump:

OC Noob
06-22-2005, 12:06 AM
MS is still saying holiday season 2k5.

No doubt this minimum wage whore at Toys R' Us is calling the shots though. Its one of those new employee empowerment exersizes. You take the fatest, stupidest, lowest paid guy and make him CEO of the world for a day. I should know yesterday was my day:D

dances with broom sticks
06-22-2005, 10:36 AM
MS is still saying holiday season 2k5.

No doubt this minimum wage whore at Toys R' Us is calling the shots though. Its one of those new employee empowerment exersizes. You take the fatest, stupidest, lowest paid guy and make him CEO of the world for a day. I should know yesterday was my day:D

Mines tommorrow, Watch out :watchout:

Hangnail
06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
This is about the same as the "no wireless controlers" thread. There is going to be alot of hype about nothin.

Chances are they're not going to miss this holiday season. That would just cost them money since they showed it on MTV before E3 so there would be more hype about about the 360 because everyone already knew what the 360 looked like and what it was capable of so at E3 everyone wanted to go see more of it. And that caused a lot of kids to put it on there christmas list...

Im going to stop there before old wounds open up :nightmare ...

redheadedblonde
06-22-2005, 09:56 PM
I really dont think they are gonna push it back after alll the other rumers floating around!...or at least I hope they dont push the realese date back...