PDA

View Full Version : Xbox won't play game discs

Miggab
06-23-2005, 07:24 AM
My xbox won't play any games. It will however, play movies, both original movies and backed up movies. I don't know what to do. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kamshaft
06-23-2005, 09:28 AM
You probably have a older Xbox, one of the first ones...most of them had DVD-ROM drives made by Tompson (cheap), and the laser would defect in them. You may be able to find replacement drives on Ebay, if you are not chicken to crack open your Xbox to fix it.

StudioAlex
06-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Wow, the boss talking about actions that will void warranties. This must be bizarro-xba.

Hangnail
06-23-2005, 08:40 PM
I remember my first time voiding a warranty... It was a dark, quite night. We were all alone and my parents were out of town... I slowly pealed of the warranty sticker... thats as far as I can go without needing a few "BEEEEEEP"s :cool:

Dj Logical 1
06-23-2005, 09:24 PM
lets justsay first time i voided my warranty..... i needed a new box

Shadow20002
06-23-2005, 09:54 PM
I remember my first time voiding a warranty... It was a dark, quite night. We were all alone and my parents were out of town... I slowly pealed of the warranty sticker... thats as far as I can go without needing a few "BEEEEEEP"s :cool:

I though you are telling a ghost story. :eek:

Back to topic, maybe you need to clean the DVD drive. :)

K3v1n
06-25-2005, 01:17 AM
hmm warranties... once its out microsoft is horrible with support high prices all of that... lol.. but hey if u do have a thomson drive it could be the problem... ( u dont get no error codes at all do u??) but hey on ebay search 4 a samsung or phillips dvd drive they are pretty good if cleaning does not work 2 well... simple to install :)