PDA

View Full Version : Conker Kicks Ass

thrAsher
06-23-2005, 10:04 AM
So go buy it.

:p

I'll be on all day, most likely. If anybody has picked this up, hit me up for some games. My Sneeker will own you.

m4oH
06-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Renting it today if it's in. I'll be on.

Dj Logical 1
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
i just rented San Andreas,, ill rent conker once i return SA

EMX
06-23-2005, 02:37 PM
I just got Conker, it is badass. I've only gotten to play single player, about two hours in. I played Multiplayer with my friend for a little but I still suck badly.

mattgame
06-23-2005, 03:47 PM
So thrAsh, is it better than Phantom Dust?

TheCovenant
06-23-2005, 06:39 PM
i saw the gametrailers.com video preview, and they say the opposite of ign. Single player is a been there done that, multiplayer is full of fresh ideas that work. Hilary goldstein said all the ideas are good, they're just not fun, and i think it was because he just didnt know how to play. Both sites gave it about an 8 or so, due to either weak sp, or weak mp. I thought the gametrailers review was much, much , much more accurate than the ign one. I dont know, im starting to lose faith in all reviewers. :(

thrAsher
06-23-2005, 11:13 PM
So thrAsh, is it better than Phantom Dust?

I wouldn't compare them. Both are good, but very different games. One is slow and tactical and japanese. The other is fast-paced, bloody, and Conker.

I'll say this, it's as beautiful, if not moreso, than Ninja Gaiden. Unbelievable graphics. Single player is fun, but honestly, I've been playing tons of the multiplayer. Very hard to figure out at first, and dieing a lot is common, but play the same map a couple-to-ten times, you'll start getting the hang of it. Lots to do, and each character is very unique to play. And did I say it's fast-paced, bloody, and it kicks ass?

LTM360
06-24-2005, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't say it's even close to Ninja Gaiden in graphical beauty, but they also are two different styles of art. The fur textures on Conker is honestly, unreal. The fact a platformer with a cartoonish feel can look so impressive is nuts. And the pure excess of blood makes up for the lack of red color you'll notice. :p

I still havn't even played multiplayer yet.

Gamespot > All on reviews. (Unless Greg Kasavin reviews it, then entirely disregard it)

LtDiabetico
06-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Conker is probably my favorite game right now.....im still working on Single player, and iv played some multiplayer, but it was confusing at 1st, on where to go and what to do, iv learned some of the stuff....but the graphics on the characters are amazing....

OC Noob
06-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Its freakin sweet.

The gfx are some of the best of this console gen. Its amazing comparing it to the N64 version.

Anyway, I'm going to role throught the SP before trying live for the first time. Hopefully I can get used to MP with out a keyboard/mouse.

ps if you've never played the N64 version its a classic and a must have. Very funny and gameplay is top-notch for a platformer.

EMX
06-27-2005, 09:46 AM
oh my ****ing god please help i am so pissed at this one part in the game

I have to beat the big balled boiler and I can't because I can't ****ing reach the levers in all 4 corners in the room.

when i go to a walkthrough online it simply tells you to pull the levers down. You CANT ****ING reach them *******s.

so what the **** do i do.

BlindSniper
07-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Sigh, I love the hell out of this game, BUT I BEAT ALL OF SINGLE PLAYER IN 8 HOURS! I am a savage at single player, I whipped by so amazingly fast.
Also tip on the boiler guy:

He is a really stupidly easy boss, just get his attention jump directly underneath of the levers then hold the right trigger to crouch. As soon as he jumps on the sewage spot he will probably start getting ready to breathe fire, jump then and you will get extra high to grab the lever, then unload on his big brass balls :)

But yeah, I havent had a chance to play live, but for those of you who have played conker on n64, its pretty similar, and its war is now very possible, I actually beat it without dying once. Oh yeah, and "spooky" got a little improvement, and sets a different mood.

Tony_Macaroni
07-02-2005, 12:19 AM
the online is wut makes the game so cool and unique!

Tony_Macaroni
07-02-2005, 12:20 AM
o and sorry bout the double post... but i just rented this game today i got it for 5 days ... we should play online thrasher!

Yannie Boy
07-02-2005, 08:59 PM
hey...send me an invite too...ill be on tonight after i play some texas hold em' with the fellas

EMX
07-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I added a lot of you guys to my friends list so I look forward to playing with yall cracker asses.

Tony_Macaroni
07-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I added a lot of you guys to my friends list so I look forward to playing with yall cracker asses.
I havent gotten one from u yet :(

thrAsher
07-03-2005, 07:58 AM
I haven't been on as much this week, but I might be on tonight for a bit. Throw me an invite, Tony_Macaroni. :cheers:

m4oH
07-03-2005, 11:50 AM
I must not have grasped the whole game because I played it and I really didn't care for it. I thought the graphics were sub par. But that might have been because I was playing it split screen with a friend and the tv is like 50 some inches big (games never show up real good on it). I dunno I'm gonna give it a rent, get on xbox live and see if I like it better. I loved the first one and I wish they would have kept that total war level. I guess it also could've been i really felt like playing forza the whole time we played it. I'll rent it tomorrow so if anyone wants to add me.

Tony_Macaroni
07-03-2005, 08:27 PM
cool.....

SoundX
07-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Single player a bit of a let down, I mean the cut scenes and conversations Conker has are awesome, but I can't help but feel the actual gameplay hasn't with-stood the test of time.

Boring already for me, and never even played the original.

MP is probably were the action is.

thrAsher
07-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Single player a bit of a let down, I mean the cut scenes and conversations Conker has are awesome, but I can't help but feel the actual gameplay hasn't with-stood the test of time.

Yeah, I feel the same way. About the SP, that is. I might try and beat it, but just not feeling it right now.

And the multi is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it, and as long as you don't play w/ spawn campers.

Yannie Boy
07-05-2005, 08:43 PM

Well you got to remember that it's a remake off a N64 game console/adventure game....yeah it's nothing out of this world but for back in the day it was the greatest thing in the world....but as trasher said the MP is a great experience...but their are annoying people who can ruin the gme but if you get some good friends and players. the game can get really interesting....

mattgame
07-05-2005, 09:21 PM
I just got it. Can someone play the game with me tonight? ANyone? Please?

Yannie Boy
07-06-2005, 11:45 AM
I'll play with you later tonight( July 6th) when i get back home tonight around 10-11 est pm

thrAsher
07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
I think I might actually hop on for a bit, too.

mattgame
07-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I didn't see you guys. Please, I'm bored to death! Somebody shoot me!!

Brevity
07-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Right on Thrashy;
I find we agree on a great many things.

Coolerf150 and Othos brought this game up two night ago and WOW did we have fun, at first just watching and laughing at the game. Then playing multi. Good stuff.

Yannie Boy
07-09-2005, 08:23 PM
well ill be playing tonight

Tony_Macaroni
07-09-2005, 11:08 PM
i had to return mine :( but I dont plan on buying this game.

mattgame
07-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I haven't played yet but as soon as I get the time I'll be on it.

Snowblind
07-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Rented it already, going to buy it tomorrow alongside NCAA 06(Assuming it's already out?). Being the SHC on Beach is by far one of the coolest things to do in the MP portion of the game.

Out of the 15+ reviews I've read, they all complain about the same 2 things.

- The SP feels like the same game we've played 4 years ago

- Almost impossible to tell what your next objective is

Well, the latter is somewhat correct. But the former pisses me off to no end. You want to know why it feels like the same game?..........IT'S BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME DAMN GAME! It's called a "Remake" for a reason. Rare remade it because....get this......NOBODY PLAYED IT WHEN IT WAS ON THE N 64! Of course it's supposed to feel like the same game, you pricks.

thrAsher
07-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Trust me, Snow, when you get the drift of the mission goals, you will play this game for a week straight. It's just so damn good. Screw the haters, they can play Halo 2 until their thumbs fall off for all I care. PM me if you have Live, and gimme your GT. I should be on mid-week for a bit, if not sooner.

OC Noob
07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Rented it already, going to buy it tomorrow alongside NCAA 06(Assuming it's already out?). Being the SHC on Beach is by far one of the coolest things to do in the MP portion of the game.

Out of the 15+ reviews I've read, they all complain about the same 2 things.

- The SP feels like the same game we've played 4 years ago

- Almost impossible to tell what your next objective is

Well, the latter is somewhat correct. But the former pisses me off to no end. You want to know why it feels like the same game?..........IT'S BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME DAMN GAME! It's called a "Remake" for a reason. Rare remade it because....get this......NOBODY PLAYED IT WHEN IT WAS ON THE N 64! Of course it's supposed to feel like the same game, you pricks.

lol

I don't know what they expected, but it was pretty much what I was hoping for and a little bit better (gfx amazed me). Its a 7-8/10 game without the humor (combat stinks), but with the humor its easily a 9/10 compared to todays platformers. The humor is brilliant and really drives the whole game, as it did on the N64.

Its got no combat to speak of other than boss fights, but it makes up for it with humor and creativity. I'd take that over Jak XII or Crash Bandicoot XXIII or Mario Sunshine MMMMMXIII :nightmare

rpgreligion
07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm probably going to pick it up tomorrow, gamertag the same as my username, add me if you feel like showing me the ropes.

mattgame
07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm on today, thrAsh send me an invite man

Yannie Boy
07-13-2005, 02:05 PM
ill be playing it RIGHT NOW, invite me

Double_Diablo
07-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Hmm. I'm kind of letting my Conker disk collect dust right now. I only have like one person on my friends list who even owns this game.

Dead-Scope
07-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Hmm. I'm kind of letting my Conker disk collect dust right now. I only have like one person on my friends list who even owns this game.
Who cares about your friends list!Play The Game!!! :cuss:

rpgreligion
07-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Damn, no local stores have it. I'll have to order it when I get my debit card, or go to EB. Probably the latter, so I won't have it for a couple of weeks.

mattgame
07-20-2005, 08:06 PM

Play it and make more friends.