PDA

View Full Version : New "Alan Wake" Trailer

TheCovenant
06-23-2005, 06:52 PM
"Remedy will likely have another winner on their hands."
-IGN

"The one thing that truly impressed me about this game was the complete attention to detail in the graphics engine... Everything about this game was just gorgeous."
-Game Vortex

"One of the most impressive looking next gen games, right up there with gears of war and killzone 2"
-Covey

"Particularly impressive were the lighting and shadow effects, which were eerily realistic. As day slid into dusk and night, shadows on everything waxed and waned just as they do in real life, the net effect of which lent quite a bit to the sense of realism."
-GameSpy

"Plenty of games feature day/night cycles at this point, but you'll just have to take our word for it that the effects in Alan Wake are quite a bit more impressive than what you're used to.
Alan Wake clearly is headed in its own separate direction, though we were glad to see that the game seems to have a similar sense of style and attention to storytelling as its predecessors."
-GameSpot

New Trailer (http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1608)

SPARTAN VI
06-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I is interested. Very interested.

"One of the most impressive looking next gen games, right up there with gears of war and killzone 2"
-Covey

You made that one up! :cuss:

TheCovenant
06-23-2005, 08:08 PM
I is interested. Very interested.

You made that one up! :cuss:

NO! :hardcore:

TokyoPie
06-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Looks like an interesting game I'll probably check it out. :hump:

LTM360
06-24-2005, 12:19 PM
I honestly think this is the next-gen title I'm most interested in.

MatrixMaul
06-25-2005, 02:12 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Its official, I am calling in 'sick' for four things

Xbox 360 launch
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Halo 3
and now: Alan Wake!

OC Noob
06-25-2005, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE]"One of the most impressive looking next gen games, right up there with gears of war and Killzone 2"
-Covey [QUOTE]

Oh the hell does this dipstick know what Killzone 2 is going to look like? He must have a crystal ball, because the only thing released is the pre-rendered video they showed at E3. I still pretty certain that CG vids and the like don't usually represent in game gfx/animations.

/rant

Anyway, thanks for the linkage man! I'm gonna check it out when i can get the site up.

MatrixMaul
06-25-2005, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE]"One of the most impressive looking next gen games, right up there with gears of war and Killzone 2"
-Covey [QUOTE]

Oh the hell does this dipstick know what Killzone 2 is going to look like? He must have a crystal ball, because the only thing released is the pre-rendered video they showed at E3. I still pretty certain that CG vids and the like don't usually represent in game gfx/animations.

/rant

Anyway, thanks for the linkage man! I'm gonna check it out when i can get the site up.

either your an idiot, or a n00b. TheCov is known for his sarcasm and mixed in humor. It was a joke.

Kyle Static
06-25-2005, 03:49 PM
"Covey" = The Covenant..... = A joke
....*waits for him to get it*

But thanks for the link Covey, and the video is d/ling as we speak....err type.

EDIT: now, having more time to respond, I feel it neccessary to finish my response: OMFG!!!!z0rs111!!!! This game is like silent hill on the Xbox 360 with less confusion and more wide-openness. The graphics are by far the best I've ever seen to date...the sky is beautiful, the shadows are rendered beautifully in real-time.....everything is just...so.....beautiful *tear*

As of right now, I'm anticipating this more than Halo 3....I really hope this turns out nicely.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/743/743608/img_2867534.html

OC Noob
06-26-2005, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=OC Noob][QUOTE]"One of the most impressive looking next gen games, right up there with gears of war and Killzone 2"
-Covey

either your an idiot, or a n00b. TheCov is known for his sarcasm and mixed in humor. It was a joke.

Dude, did you look at my name ^^^

Well, that and I'm an idiot because I thought this was some kind of serious article and that was a piece from it.

So, to you its all true, but F off anyway beotch:D

Double_Diablo
06-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Wowwwwwwwwww. Excuse me while I clean up this puddle of drool...

MatrixMaul
06-26-2005, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=MatrixMaul][QUOTE=OC Noob]

Dude, did you look at my name ^^^

Well, that and I'm an idiot because I thought this was some kind of serious article and that was a piece from it.

So, to you its all true, but F off anyway beotch:D
I gave you the benefit of the doubt....I thought you were either an idiot OR a n00b. But you're both. So, suck it natch :)

OC Noob
06-27-2005, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=OC Noob][QUOTE=MatrixMaul]
I gave you the benefit of the doubt....I thought you were either an idiot OR a n00b. But you're both. So, suck it natch :)

I can live with that.

Not even I can be perfect... all the time ;)

ps oh yeah, the back on topic! I saw the trailer and it looks cool, but what kind of a game is it. They really didn't give much away in the trailer I saw.

DemonLoki
06-27-2005, 04:54 AM
how come people run to dumb places like ricketty bridges when their nightmares come for them- run to walgreens or hospital- open 24/7 with lights onhttp://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/smilie100.gif you dummie!

(fine looking movie though :cheers: )

TheCovenant
06-27-2005, 08:42 AM
how come people run to dumb places like ricketty bridges when their nightmares come for them- run to walgreens or hospital- open 24/7 with lights onhttp://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/smilie100.gif you dummie!

uhm, its a sleepy town in washington..there is no walgreens. The hospital is probably in the city, away from the town, and did you not see what was at the end of that bridge? Some kind of light giving house....

dances with broom sticks
06-27-2005, 02:08 PM

I seem to remember a hospital in Silent hill (was it the second one?). A hospital or any place with sick/dying/dead people is the last place I would go.

Game looks great though

ShaDovV RyDer
06-27-2005, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=MatrixMaul][QUOTE=OC Noob]
ps oh yeah, the back on topic! I saw the trailer and it looks cool, but what kind of a game is it. They really didn't give much away in the trailer I saw.

Really. What the heck is this game about???

Shadow20002
06-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, sound like something to do with Obscure but with more great dark engine.

OC Noob
06-27-2005, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=OC Noob][QUOTE=MatrixMaul]

Really. What the heck is this game about???

Thats what I'd like to know, lol.

It looks like a survival horror or something along those lines, but they really don't give much info about the actual game (that I've seen).

I'm gonna do some web searching later.

MatrixMaul
06-27-2005, 05:54 PM
I seem to remember a hospital in Silent hill (was it the second one?). A hospital or any place with sick/dying/dead people is the last place I would go.

Game looks great though
yah, in Silent Hill 2. The hospital was worse than the streets. Good god, there were so many zombie nurses! Plus, it was not very well lit. I think the light house is a smart idea. I mean, c'mon. Its a freaking lighthouse!

Kyle Static
06-27-2005, 07:29 PM
and did you not see what was at the end of that bridge? Some kind of light giving house....

LMAO
:eek:
You crack me up Covie....I love your sarcastic wit. :hail:

OC Noob
06-30-2005, 02:47 AM
yah, in Silent Hill 2. The hospital was worse than the streets. Good god, there were so many zombie nurses! Plus, it was not very well lit. I think the light house is a smart idea. I mean, c'mon. Its a freaking lighthouse!

Somebody should do a zombie pron flick with lots of zombie nurses with big hooters :hump:

Kyle Static
06-30-2005, 06:45 PM
......Can.....can I ban him....pleeeaaase...lemme press the switch! *hops around nervously*

OC Noob
07-01-2005, 10:02 PM
......Can.....can I ban him....pleeeaaase...lemme press the switch! *hops around nervously*

You can ban me, I'll go all zombie hoot on your @ss, lol.

MatrixMaul
07-02-2005, 01:57 AM
dont even think about messing with Kyle
*lightsaber goes on*

ShannonX
07-03-2005, 10:05 PM
based on what I could see from the latest trailer, it has potential. And the company did make the max payne games which were pretty good games imo. Environments definately look great, but from reading around they have a looooooooong ways to go still.

OC Noob
07-04-2005, 12:02 PM
dont even think about messing with Kyle
*lightsaber goes on*

Boy, I'd better run. Its a Star Wars nerd...

DemonLoki
07-05-2005, 06:40 AM
uhm, its a sleepy town in washington..there is no walgreens. The hospital is probably in the city, away from the town, and did you not see what was at the end of that bridge? Some kind of light giving house....

No I saw tall building with but one way in and out- not giving off any light whatsoever, past a rickety condemned bridge and behind a locked gate for which mr. wake has no key- (all after leaving a seemingly fully functioning suv... hmm a town u say.... if only there where some kind of establiment that had some kind of fuel for such a vehicle, if it were to run low, to 'refuel' and get away with. or even vend a soda and snack)

A place without a Walgreens? Wtf there in every 2 miles here-

Kyle Static
07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Boy, I'd better run. Its a Star Wars nerd...

You betta reconize Foo, me and Matrix Maul about to buss you up! Word homies...... :hardcore:

MatrixMaul
07-08-2005, 02:44 PM
You betta reconize Foo, me and Matrix Maul about to buss you up! Word homies...... :hardcore:
damn straight :cheers: