PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks that this is the BEST XBOX year ?

odpr
06-24-2005, 09:51 AM
It's hard to understand why microsoft is going out with the new Xbox while clearly this is the best year of the box, best games, best GFX, best every thing..

Microsoft should have done the same thing as with this box, wait a year, and then blow sony with someething better in technology and every thing..

I guess the Green era will end in the next spring.

FB-Gollum
06-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Nah, it sounds good, but this is a long term plan. If they rode it out another year, Sony would get out first, get all the hype, and bury the Xbox. It's better for Xbox to get buried by itself than by it's competitor. Sure Xbox is doing better than ever, and that's exactly the reason Microsoft needs to ride the wave and permeate the market while it can before the PS3 comes. It kinda sucks for us, but it'll be better in the long run when Xbox is getting equal support form developers because 50% of the market is theirs.

Duke
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Eh, I'm actually playing less than in years past, but the games are looking better and taking more advantage of what the xbox has to offer overall. This is really to be expected though.

I wish everyone was waiting another year to put the nextgen out, but short of that I guess I'm ok (not like the asked me) w/ their launch in November. Plus, it means Oblivion which I don't think could have lived up to it's potential w/ the current gen.

edit: And odpr, good to see a positive post from you, seems like it's been awhile. :cheers:

odpr
06-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Nah, it sounds good, but this is a long term plan. If they rode it out another year, Sony would get out first, get all the hype, and bury the Xbox. It's better for Xbox to get buried by itself than by it's competitor. Sure Xbox is doing better than ever, and that's exactly the reason Microsoft needs to ride the wave and permeate the market while it can before the PS3 comes. It kinda sucks for us, but it'll be better in the long run when Xbox is getting equal support form developers because 50% of the market is theirs.

You have something...
but I don;t know anyway yuo turn the dice it seems Microsoft is going to loose it, if they come first (As they plan) thier console will be lesss powerful, if they come later altough they will have the best console around sony will ctach all the marke... so what will it be..?

Duke
06-24-2005, 10:15 AM
It all depends on what MS does with their extra time. Even for fanboys, great games are hard to argue against. Everyone always wants the new toy, and if they can pack a library worth having, I don't see any real problems.

I still have a lot of doubts that MS can "win" this generation, but with the right library and a well designed console and live service, they can certainly close the gap.

FB-Gollum
06-24-2005, 10:30 AM
You have something...
but I don;t know anyway yuo turn the dice it seems Microsoft is going to loose it, if they come first (As they plan) thier console will be lesss powerful, if they come later altough they will have the best console around sony will ctach all the marke... so what will it be..?

I don't think console power is going to be a big issue this generation. Most televisions can't even support the resolutions these systems can produce. I doubt that either of these systems will be "maxxed out" anytime soon. On top of that, it takes years to design this stuff, a few months isn't going to change Sony's design in any drastic way. They may be a little more powerful, but I don't think it'll show.

mattgame
06-25-2005, 02:13 PM
It doesn't matter to me because I'm keeping my Xbox and I don't care what comes out. Back on topic, yes it has been abanner fiscal year for the green machine.

OC Noob
06-25-2005, 02:38 PM
It's hard to understand why microsoft is going out with the new Xbox while clearly this is the best year of the box, best games, best GFX, best every thing..

Microsoft should have done the same thing as with this box, wait a year, and then blow sony with someething better in technology and every thing..

I guess the Green era will end in the next spring.

I really don't get why people think waiting a year after the PS3 launch is a viable option after what happened with Xbox. PS2 out sold the Xbox what, 3 to 1? Its not like MS can do the same thing a some how magically kick Sony's butt.

We may not know how well being first will work, but we do know one thing. Being last means almost certain failure. Why even think about traveling down that road when your doomed to fail?

Anyway, how much more can devs do with 64 mb of ram? Thats not even enough to hold a decent amount of MP3s. Ain't know way the future of gaming can be supported by that.

As for games, its definitely been the best 12 months for gaming in general. We are seeing great games and finally a few devs with the balls to develope using the tools the Xbox has the PS2 doesn't. They should have been doing it years ago.