PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 a computer?

Stormlord
06-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Well I personally still see it as a console. However on the Nsider forums the Nintendo fanboys insist on calling PS3 and 360 computers. To me they still are consoles simply because they don't do everything that a PC does. What do you guys feel? Do you think 360 is still a console or is it a poor man's PC?

squid413
06-26-2005, 04:06 PM
let nintendo fanboys call the 360 whatever they want. PS2 fanboys call the xbox a computer, but it still doesn't change the fact that its the best console out on the market. The Nintendo fanboys are just trying to boost their self confidence.

TokyoPie
06-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Console...computer..who cares its still kick ass :cool: .

Double_Diablo
06-26-2005, 04:30 PM
It may have computer-like architecture but it's main purpose is to play games.

Stormlord
06-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah those are my points too. Their probelm is that the forums has a caste elitist system and they feel the more they kiss Nintendo's ass the more chances they have of achieving Sage status. Well I totally pwned the kid and proved that no matter what, with multimedia funtions or not, they're consoles that do compete with Nintendo. You shouldn't bash a system since you declared blind loyalty to one over the other. No matter what all 3 consoles will have their strong points. :)

AlphaRaptor
06-26-2005, 06:01 PM
PS3, Sony wants it to become a computer, as they said "Its not a console"

The Xbox 360 is a console at heart....no doubt

ShaDovV RyDer
06-26-2005, 07:07 PM
How can they call it a computer?? I mean yes the 360 will have the beastly graphics of a computer but does that make it one??? I can't type up a report for school on it yet can I?

Stormlord
06-26-2005, 07:11 PM
I think it's just them lashing out since Nintendo did stiff a lot of its fans at E3. I'm angry at Nintendo not showing off anything but I wouldn't go around dragging another console in the dirt because of it. Even if Sony says PS3 is a computer, no matter what it's a console. They act like if being a console holds back gaming. :rolleyes:

SamSmith
06-26-2005, 07:13 PM
isnt anything with a processor, electronic thingy that does calculations a computer?

ll Mista GT ll
06-26-2005, 07:31 PM
isnt anything with a processor, electronic thingy that does calculations a computer?

I would think yes. :)

Whisper
06-26-2005, 08:39 PM
com·put·er Audio pronunciation of "computer" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (km-pytr)
n.

1. A device that computes, especially a programmable electronic machine that performs high-speed mathematical or logical operations or that assembles, stores, correlates, or otherwise processes information.

MerimacHamwich
06-26-2005, 09:33 PM
It's a computer. So is the PS3. So will be the Revolution. So is the Xbox, the PS2, the GameCube, the dreamcast, the playstation, the N64, the sega genesis, the super nintendo...
:bang:

AlphaRaptor
06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Technically yes

OC Noob
06-27-2005, 12:05 AM
com·put·er Audio pronunciation of "computer" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (km-pytr)
n.

1. A device that computes, especially a programmable electronic machine that performs high-speed mathematical or logical operations or that assembles, stores, correlates, or otherwise processes information.

Good posters always come with back-up when its needed.

Nice post.

ps you would think Nintendo fanboys are just arguing over semantics because they're system stinks and they have to justify it. Just like people arguing that DS shouldn't be compared to PSP because DS wasn't "meant" to compete with the PSP. They are directly competing products that offer almost identical features and should thus be placed in the same catagory no matter what a Nintendo fanboy wants to call them.

pps let me just add that they're system stinks because of a lack of 3rd party support, not because the hardware sucks. Who knows about the Revolution, but the cube is a very nice piece of hardware. Its the suck@ss games they have to augment the 1st party titles that make it stink.

Shadow20002
06-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Xbox is a computer, well if you know how to "make it" to work like a computer.

neXus27
06-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Technically, the NES was a 'computer'. As well as the SNES, Genisis, and all of the consoles... it's true. Yes, even the Revolution and PlayStation 3 are computers. Those honkies are just jealous because they support systems that they know will be crushed by the 360's power. Jealous.

TheCovenant
06-29-2005, 07:01 PM
all-purpose "Media Center" is a hot buzzword right now. Not a console, not a computer...a "Media Center".

By the way, im with Tokyo-Pie on this one.

Console...computer..who cares its still kick ass :cool: