PDA

View Full Version : rumor mill

LeroytheLucky
06-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Well I have been reading this site for ahwile and have noticed the many different supposed facts about the 360, everything from launch day to prices, one person had a price at over $700. I am sorry but for that much money this thing had better be able to service me in other areas besides games. Well I finally decided to stop at EB and ask them what exactly they knew. You wanna know their answers? Nothing, they know as much as we do, or so I was told. So with all of these rumors are there actually any hard facts to back them up? If so could you please provide links to official information?

Anyways here's hopin its a great system and that the rumor mill is wrong like always.

Leroy

LiquidX
06-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Well, nothing has been 100% confirmed. All we know is MS said they will launch the 360 before the end of this year. Just a guess, but most likely November 15th. Why November 15th? Because MS has a history of success with things launched on the 15th. Windows 95 or 98 (cant remember) was launched on November 15th. The original Xbox was launched on the 15th. Xbox Live was launched on the one year anniversary of the Xbox launch.

The price will be nowhere near $700. Didnt J. Allard say that the price wouldn't be much more, if not no more than this generation? Not to mention this story http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=6122

Just wait a little bit. All the news you need on 360 will be here at XBA sometime.

MatrixMaul
06-28-2005, 03:50 PM
$700 just seems so rediculous. I'd wager that it would be in the area of $300-400.

mattgame
06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
May bet is 299.

OC Noob
06-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Well I have been reading this site for ahwile and have noticed the many different supposed facts about the 360, everything from launch day to prices, one person had a price at over $700. I am sorry but for that much money this thing had better be able to service me in other areas besides games. Well I finally decided to stop at EB and ask them what exactly they knew. You wanna know their answers? Nothing, they know as much as we do, or so I was told. So with all of these rumors are there actually any hard facts to back them up? If so could you please provide links to official information?

Anyways here's hopin its a great system and that the rumor mill is wrong like always.

Leroy

People are always trying to compare the cost of end user PC parts to whats in a console to judge price of production and they tend to end up with numbers that are way out of whack like that. I can't even count the number of times I've seen people claim they can't make a system like the 360 for under $1000. Well, they can and I guess that means they aren't paying $400 for a video card like you and me, lol.