PDA

View Full Version : Fable: Lost Chapters announced for the Xbox

Snowblind
07-08-2005, 02:12 PM
"Microsoft Game Studios announced today that Fable: The Lost Chapters, currently in development for Windows and slated to release this September, will also be available in late Fall for Xbox. Fable: The Lost Chapters builds upon the original best-selling Fable with loads of new content including new regions, quests and enhanced story elements that further enhance the mystical world of Albion. Fable: The Lost Chapters gives players the chance to fight new monsters, use epic spells to obliterate huge numbers of enemies, don new armor, wield additional weapons and interact with friends and foes using amazing new expressions.

The original Fable has sold more than 1.5 million copies and is highly acclaimed, earning numerous awards such as Game of the Year and RPG of the Year. Fable: The Lost Chapters is being developed by world-renowned Lionhead Studios and will be offered as a Platinum Hits title for Xbox at a suggested retail price of $19.99."

That's some good news.

Link (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8676/Fable-The-Lost-Chapters-Comes-to-Xbox-This-Fall/)

Brevity
07-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Atleast its cheap.
They should call it "Fable:what we should have done" though. lol

thrAsher
07-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Hahaha. No doubt, Brevity.

Still, a good thing, IMO. I know I've bashed Fable some, but after following it forever, it just didn't stack up to my expectations.

This does sort of feel like an apology. I suppose BBB could have used an extra year, eh?

So, Fable 2 in 2011, maybe?

StudioAlex
07-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Seems it should be a free download for people with the original game. Hard to say if I'll play it or not. Maybe wait till it's ten dollars.

skorp
07-08-2005, 07:22 PM
That's good news... They decided to release it on Xbox.... They should!

But i think I'll wait and see for a price drop to get it.

LiquidX
07-08-2005, 07:49 PM
I'll either wait for a price drop for the Xbox version or find a way to get a very good deal on the PC version. ;) I want to play it I just don't want to pay a ton of extra money for a little bit of extra content. If it was comparable to Morrowind vs. Morrowind GoTY edition it would be worth it, but from what ive read its just the stuff that got cut last minute and only adds like 5-10 hours for all the new quests.

Shadow20002
07-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Hmm...that's really good news but well, i will get the PC version.

OC Noob
07-14-2005, 04:14 AM
Hmm...that's really good news but well, i will get the PC version.

Me too, the mods for it should rule!

Shadow20002
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Yea, the mod will add it up around 50 hours.