PDA

View Full Version : GTA gets AO rating!!

mattgame
07-21-2005, 08:53 AM
This is huge people! This is so huge!! Politics has stepped in and shown who runs this damn country and every thing in it. They are going to get happy with their monitoring of video games now. Mark my words, this is going to get ugly.

TC PH3NOM
07-21-2005, 09:49 AM
i dont mind, i fap to that mod every day. her moaning is priceless

kamikaze666
07-21-2005, 10:10 AM
AAARRRGGHHH!! @#$* you ESRB. @#$* you.

mattgame
07-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Why thank you sir.

MatrixMaul
07-21-2005, 07:11 PM
yup, I pulled all the copies off the shelves today at the old store. Man, now people want GTA more than ever

Double_Diablo
07-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Perhaps this isn't as bad as we thought. Rockstar could get more business this way.

vman
07-21-2005, 11:06 PM
i still dont see what the big deal is. parents are still going to buy the game for their kids.

Bakeman
07-22-2005, 01:34 AM
This isn't huge at all .. this rating stuff as been in place for some time. It's not like they are putting it in, they are just inforcing it the way it should be when a company puts material in a game.

The idoits left code there for it.. if they were smart it would have been taken out.
Now most likely it wasn't even suppose to be in there in the first place, which in case the company needs to tighten up a bit and make sure stupid employees don't pull stuff like this again.

The Rockstar tried to say it wasn't in their code... if they honestly believed that, they should have atleast made absolute sure it wasn't before saying so... they screwed themselves pretty bad with that.

addict
07-22-2005, 10:29 AM
TV needs better raitings first, i was watching a "kids" show the other day that was rated 7+ or something like that, and the ladies landed in so many compromising positions, it should have been 18+

And the game should have been adult raiting in the first place. its pretty obvious when you can run around in a gimp suit, and give/hit your girlfriend with a dildo

cTettEh88
07-22-2005, 11:55 AM
hay X-Fan

Ninjermy
07-22-2005, 12:43 PM
hay X-Fan
lol most useless words ever

About GTA, something is really messed up with the way our society views these things. Somehow all that violence and killing in GTA is ok, but the sex is not, even though you see worse stuff when you turn on your TV pretty much any time of day...
hot real tv chick > dumb animated gta sex scene.
good job world...

mattgame
07-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Maybe now you guys will understand that money talks. If Rockstar gave money to these politicians they wouldn't have any problems. Oh it's true, it's the ugly truth.

mrmp3
07-23-2005, 05:18 PM
To a degree though, not giving them the money helps out. all this controversy only helps boost the sales of the game, unless of course something like this happens where the rating gets bumped to AO. Hell even if it got bumped from T to M the game would still sell like hot cakes just cuz it's readily avaliable at stores, where as an AO title, not so much. Personally I'd be pissed off seeing as the content is not originally in the game, but it's so easy to access, even on your console, all you need is a GS/AR/CB. Then the exclusive they had with IGN where the guy said they weren't lying about the severe reverse engineering and stuff, how could they not have? It's on the disc, they put it there, no reverse engineering/programming involved. They should've just taken it off the disc. I know they leave a lot of extra stuff in when they program (for some reason, only thing coming to mind is the GS code to get Wrath in WCW/NWO Revenge and Goldeneye getting on the island to the Dam), but this can alter a rating. It's Rockstar's own fault.

Speaking of which, did you guys here bout Jack Thompson (that Miami lawyer who is anti-video games, represents clients who are "victims of video game influenced crimes", in cahoots with Hiliary and Lieberman) saying that the blur effect used in The Sims 2 to hide the private parts is "worse than the hot coffee mod?" When I read the article over at Gamespot, I was actually shocked cuz the way he described it was (the kids included) have boobs, genitalia, and pubic hair when the blur is taken away. Then GS updated the article and it turns out, it makes the characters look like Barbie and Ken yet Thompson still insists it's "unacceptable". A GTA game going AO, I can see. But a Sims game rated M or higher? What's next? Barney gonna get a TV-14 rating cuz he's too violent a dinosaur?