PDA

View Full Version : Age restriction software for 360

kamikaze666
07-21-2005, 10:08 AM
http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=99354&cat=Entertainment

I personally don't think its needed b/c the parents for underage kids are probably buying the games, so they can just check it themselves. But, I guess its just a precautionary thing. Stupid precautionary things. :bang:

Edit: http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000153051369/
I just found this one. This article provides similar insight to mine, but is more thought out...and longer.

King Tiller
07-22-2005, 09:15 AM
I think it's good b/c im sick of getting cussed out on halo by a 10 yr old

addict
07-22-2005, 10:12 AM
its not gonna matter if the kid is the one setting up the system. and its not that hard to buy M rated games on-line the only thing you need is a CC, and they think your 17+

Yannie Boy
07-22-2005, 01:02 PM
its not gonna matter if the kid is the one setting up the system. and its not that hard to buy M rated games on-line the only thing you need is a CC, and they think your 17+

yes that is true, they can buy the games with all their hearts content, but if the parents were to get to the 360 first and put a restiction, those games will become useless....plus it would help out some people here that needed some options for it....let's just wait and see when it comes out and see how it works, if it works :whistle:

vman
07-22-2005, 01:31 PM
how is this new? doesnt xbox already have the feature? or am i thinking of something different?

kenji
07-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Sounds good for parents who are actually tech savvy and set up their kids XBox 360. Its a nice feature to have.

Especially since it doesn't apply to me.

Variation-XBA
07-23-2005, 03:56 AM
how is this new? doesnt xbox already have the feature? or am i thinking of something different?
Xbox has this feature to an extent, but take a guess how many parents know this and know how to use it.

J0Hn790
07-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Truely For Sum People Like Myself This Does Not Matter

Hangnail
07-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Age restrictions are just another way for parents to keep us from seeing the truth, that there are good games. All of todays best games are rated M or T. The only good game that I can recall is Lego Star Wars, and that was an OK game.

For all those with age restrictions, I fire one shot into the air, for there is really no hope... Unless you spend all day trying to figure out what the password is. That is what i did when I had age restrictions on my computer. THAT SUCKED. I couldn't even go to google...But the password was an easy one to findout. It was password...lol

mrmp3
07-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Personally I don't think the game should be blocked entirely. Doesn't HL and HL2 on the PC have like a checkbox to block the violent blood content and such, but you can still play the game? That's the part that should be password protected along with language.

cTettEh88
07-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Thats all bull

Tony_Macaroni
07-28-2005, 09:59 PM
i dont care bout it :)

Not Yellow
07-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I have Halo:CE, Halo 2, Fable, Half-Life 2, ad loads of other mature games, Im 16, who cares..

[/stupid government]

xboxweirdo
08-08-2005, 02:22 PM
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: im 15 and this suks

Double_Diablo
08-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Doesn't the current Xbox already have age restriction software? I could've sworn I saw it in the dashboard. It's nothing new.

Nameless
08-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Age restrictions are just another way for parents to keep us from seeing the truth, that there are good games. All of todays best games are rated M or T.
I disagree entirely with this... but I don't care to point out the obvious reasons why.

Anyway, this is stupid. It's just one more way for parents to not monitor what their children are doing, plain and simple. Take a lil responsibility you God-damned yuppies.

mattgame
08-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Xbox has this feature to an extent, but take a guess how many parents know this and know how to use it.

1 and that 1 is me. :cheers:

StudioAlex
08-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Funny, the only people complaining about this are kids under 17. I think it's a good thing, because it gives parents the option of passwording. It's not some forced censorship by the government.

It doesn't relieve parents of their responsibility either, it just makes it easier for them to exercise it. They can't be around to monitor their kids all day, so this allows them to still make decision about what games they believe are appropriate for their children.

I know it sucks for you under-agers, but the fact is you are your parents' property, er, responsibilty, and not much can be done about that until you turn 18. Besides, I have a hard time believing most of you guys are actually limited in what content you have access to.

squid413
08-09-2005, 10:23 AM
I think this is a pretty good idea. And its up to the parents whether or not they want to turn it on. If they feel its fine for you to play M games then they won't turn it on.

Nameless
08-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Funny, the only people complaining about this are kids under 17.
Almost 19 here bub, and I still think it's a stupid idea.

Mitchell
08-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Funny, the only people complaining about this are kids under 17.

Almost 15 here bub, and I totally agree with you. I don't want to see games messing around with the littlies minds like they did to me. Look at what what KOTOR did!! I'm a star wars nerd!! OK so maybe thats only 3+ but still I have seen some kids go phsyco from playing Halo 2.

Ford Mustang
08-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I think it's a good idea. It's not the government taking responsibility away from the parents, it's helping the parents to do their job.