PDA

View Full Version : How is Halo mature.... compared to GTA which was first mature?

Dj Logical 1
07-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Alright help me guide through this...... if GTA was first concidered mature.. with all that shyt,. how the hell was halo concidered mature.. i meanTeabaggin.. wow... killing aliens... wow... i dont get it

Ninjermy
07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Dude, any game where you can run around with a full arsenal and kill ANYTHING LIVING (in halo2 you can kill your human allies, in gta you kill human allies and enemies), and there is blood and its all at your freewill, of course the game is rated M.

Dj Logical 1
07-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Dude, any game where you can run around with a full arsenal and kill ANYTHING LIVING (in halo2 you can kill your human allies, in gta you kill human allies and enemies), and there is blood and its all at your freewill, of course the game is rated M.

i know but i meant.. i still dont figure out how it can possibly be M compared to SA..

Ninjermy
07-22-2005, 06:54 PM
What do you mean "compared to SA". Both games qualify for an M rating. Obviously SA is much worse then Halo and is much closer to the A rating, but it cannot be rated A until there is sexual content. Thats why only now is the GTA SA rating being boosted to A (hot coffee mod...)

chronicmastrbtr
07-22-2005, 08:14 PM
but then again how are these ratings actually affecting us gamers? I thought the rating were just used to help parents decide what games are appropriate for their kids.

armyof_one/ltd
07-22-2005, 09:03 PM
i know but i meant.. i still dont figure out how it can possibly be M compared to SA..

You have to consider that there are other kids who are newcomers in gaming(N00bs) so unlike you (maybe) they haven't been desensibilised over years and years of killing things.
I mean I have almost completely desensibilised by games and by the media so seeing blood in real life or in videogames is just another everyday thing for me, but for some 12 year old kid it is not so common, I guess....

chronicmastrbtr
07-22-2005, 09:06 PM
You have to consider that there are other kids who are newcomers in gaming(N00bs) so unlike you (maybe) they haven't been desensibilised over years and years of killing things.
I mean I have almost completely desensibilised by games and by the media so seeing blood in real life or in videogames is just another everyday thing for me, but for some 12 year old kid it is not so common, I guess....

is it really that unfortunate that a 12 year old becomes "desensibilised" by violence in a game it has to happen sometime...it has happen to all of us

We need to set a new standard. A GOOD GAME IS A GOOD GAME...violent or not.

a lost prophet
07-22-2005, 10:46 PM
rated mature cuz of graphic violence and backround people cuss

armyof_one/ltd
07-22-2005, 10:51 PM
is it really that unfortunate that a 12 year old becomes "desensibilised" by violence in a game it has to happen sometime...it has happen to all of us

We need to set a new standard. A GOOD GAME IS A GOOD GAME...violent or not.

Well, the way my parents raised me was a bit oldschool-ish so I'd rather not live in a world where little kids start talking trash over the net before they learn how use the toilet, it simply makes us less humane, well some of us.

OC Noob
07-23-2005, 05:00 AM
little kids start talking trash over the net before they learn how use the toilet

lol, that part of the post is epic.

Not sure i agree with your entire post, but we did grow up in a time when you got your ass kicked for trash talking. Now you get tossed in jail or it happens on the internet and unfortunately our arms just aren't long enough to kick the ass of someone in another state/country, lol.

chronicmastrbtr
07-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Well, the way my parents raised me was a bit oldschool-ish so I'd rather not live in a world where little kids start talking trash over the net before they learn how use the toilet, it simply makes us less humane, well some of us.

We have to hope that people will have the ability to figure out right from wrong...i'm sure most people know that going around killing innocent people is a bad thing to do.

m4oH
07-23-2005, 09:36 AM
wow. thats an intelligent post.:rolleyes: dude you don't compare them. each of them are rated m because they each contain mature content. how old are you?