PDA

View Full Version : Anyone picking up 'Black Hawk Down' this week?

yall
07-24-2005, 10:47 AM
I was just curious as to how many of you planned on picking up this title. With 50 player support, it could be interesting.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255230.asp

Dj Logical 1
07-24-2005, 10:52 AM
im most likely going to get it... i like war games based on movies and real life incidents.. 50 player support?

lag

Ninjermy
07-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Official Xbox Magazine UK gives it 70%
Maxim Online gave it 4 out of 5
With 50 people on XBL I know for sure I'm going to check this one out.

TokyoPie
07-24-2005, 11:45 AM
I have this game for pc. Its pretty fun since you can ride it the copters and stuff and also since they're most of the maps are in the city its pretty fun. I might pick it up for the xbox.

mattgame
07-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I have to review it so I'll be on.

SilverOak
07-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Still too sensitive of a subject for me to play this game, but still.....50 player capable? Sounds like a good game of lllllllllaaaaaaagggggg...........

mrmp3
07-24-2005, 07:25 PM
You gotta understand the net-code by Novalogic is pretty sick. I mean I played the Joint Ops demo, and I think it supports 150 players right? I played a game around 100 with a ping of 80-120. Not to mention, if you've seen like animations and stuff in BHD they are pretty stiff and kind of weak so there's a lot less stuff to calculate then say Halo 2. On top of that, I'm pretty sure only their servers are the only ones that can host the 50 players. So on their servers I'm pretty sure we'll be set, and connection will be fine. But I do see people not listening to the maximum recommended players and hosting the max amount of people and thus lag lag lag. We'll see, but personally, seeing as the only addition I'm seeing between this and the PC Edition is 4 player split-screen, and with the PC Edition Platinum Pack (the one with the Team Sabre expansion) costing around $25 (w/ shipping, at least that's what Pricegrabber is showing me) not to mention you can have more people in one game on the PC version, I don't see this justifying a $50 purchase especially with Lockdown coming out in Sept. Now that's a game that's worth the $50. Though I have to admit, I liked the book by Mark Bowden and the Ridley Scott film, so I'll defintely give this a rental. I wonder if multiple XBL accounts can be used on one Xbox system, like in Halo 2, that'd be nice.

George89
07-25-2005, 06:59 PM
i don't have Xbox live at the moment, so there's no reason i see to get it (since the big perk is 50 players online) but if i DID have XBL, i'd at least rent it--since what XBL owner can't resist a 50 player online game