PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast rocks!!

ronin_matt
02-17-2002, 08:19 PM
first off, xbox is the greatest.

personally, i would take a dreamcast over a ps2 or gamecube anyday. ok, so the game library was somewhat limited, but i rented dreamcast a few times, and i think it was an amazing system. i mean, you can buy it for $69 bucks canadian now, which is awesome.

i think it's the second best system out there, so we'll have no badmouthing it. it kicks the crap out of sony and nintendo, even with it's limited system specs.

X-Factor
02-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ronin_matt
first off, xbox is the greatest.

personally, i would take a dreamcast over a ps2 or gamecube anyday. ok, so the game library was somewhat limited, but i rented dreamcast a few times, and i think it was an amazing system. i mean, you can buy it for $69 bucks canadian now, which is awesome.

i think it's the second best system out there, so we'll have no badmouthing it. it kicks the crap out of sony and nintendo, even with it's limited system specs.
Honestly... Dreamcast??? Sega stopped the production of Dreamcasts over a year ago. DC is officially history. Dreamcast isn't even part of the console war.:rolleyes:

I'd say Soul Calibur, Phantasy Star Online ver.2, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and NBA 2K2 are the best games for DC.

<marquee>Hey, at least they're only 50 clams...</marquee>

:)

XBOXgamer13
02-17-2002, 11:38 PM
dreamcast still lives! I play it still once in a while

fear_this
02-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Actually x-factor. Dreamcast was never in any console wars ever. :)

X-Factor
02-18-2002, 01:50 PM
fear_this-- I know that Dreamcast was never part of any console war. DC came right in bewteen the N64/PSX console war, and the Xbox/GCN/PS2 console war.

I own a Dreamcast, and feel I got my moneys worth. Even though DC died a horrible (Not to mention quick) death, I still feel it was worth the purchase.

Long hours, and late nights with Sonic, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi 1 & 2, Phantasy Star Online ver.2, Resident Evil Code: Veronica, The NBA 2K series.

<marquee>The VMU kicked some ass too...:D</marquee>

Toder
02-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Seeing how Sega develops games for the xbox now. Didn't mean they stopped making them for the DC. They still make games for DC but since most retailers stopped carrying the DC it hard to find the new games that come out. Proof is that i saw a copy of NFL 2k2 for DC at a Hollywood Movie Rental.

mattcoxonline
02-18-2002, 02:47 PM
I noticed you all missed out two top quality titles. Rez and Shenmue II.....oh yeah (evil laugh) you didn't get them in the US...

Anyway, I chose a Dreamcast over a PS2...why?
Better quality games (at the time) and Cheaper....
I needed to save money for my Xbox. Now I have paid both the Xbox and Dreamcast off, but haven't get me Xbox yet (in UK), so Dreamcast keeps me entertained. :D

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline
I noticed you all missed out two top quality titles. Rez and Shenmue II.....oh yeah (evil laugh) you didn't get them in the US...

Yeah, I had a buddy who is a hardcore DC fan who ended up importing Shenmue II...that's all he talks about in addition to his XBox.

As a side note, he also owns a LameCube and it has been gathering dust since November 18th. He hates it ;)

Afro Aura
02-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

Anyway, I chose a Dreamcast over a PS2...why?
Better quality games (at the time) and Cheaper....
I needed to save money for my Xbox. Now I have paid both the Xbox and Dreamcast off, but haven't get me Xbox yet (in UK), so Dreamcast keeps me entertained. :D
I stood firm against the PS2 out of principle as to what they did to the Dreamcast R.I.P is had the best games and DoA2 on the DC kicked the @ss off the PS2 version and Soul Calibur was the best looking and played pretty well to, Yeah I've still got my Dreamcast R.I.P. and I have to say I loved the games on there PSO was my favorite Rez is cool to I didn't get Shenmue II as I found out it was coming to the XBOX, I'm just waiting for it too appear my friend had Shenmue II and the only thing that got on my nerves was the d@mn loading more loading even more loading, it was a pretty good game as I completed Shenmue and what to continue with Shenmue II on the XBOX, I hope that bring Shenmue 1 and 2 as a pack so you can start at the beginning again, Anyway I'm here with my imported XBOX and I'm pretty happy with it at the moment but I do need some RPGs I've got to many shoot em' ups Halo (will not get rid of this game it is the KING), Max Payne, Blood Wake although saying that I am looking forward to getting hold of Gun Valkyrie
Dead or Alive 3 is OK but it's too d@mn pretty and not enough fighting (button mashing), Project Gotham Racing if you love MSR on the Dreamcast R.I.P. you'll love this Wreckless Hmmm tricky this one sort of Chase HQ and Crazy Taxi I haven't completed this one yet but I will get rid of it when I've done it, Silent Hill 2, man is this game d@mn booooooring these are my games I am selling my XBOX when the UK XBOX arrives, I'm fed up at setting the d@mn clock all the time as this XBOX is a US machine I cant keep it on as I have to use a step-down (transformer) an it heats up
but don't worry Halo is not going to be out of my sight as I will get hold of that game again and the DoA3 UK mix

Afro Aura
02-18-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
Actually x-factor. Dreamcast was never in any console wars ever. :)
Well thats not quite true there was a little disagreement over the DC vs PS2

fear_this
02-18-2002, 05:46 PM
But yet, it never really had a chance. I mean the dreamcast is a good system. But not as good as I actually expected it to be? How much did it coast when it came out?

Afro Aura
02-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
But yet, it never really had a chance. I mean the dreamcast is a good system. But not as good as I actually expected it to be? How much did it coast when it came out?
I had an imported Japanese Dreamcast at import prices and then I bought a UK Dreamcast £150 but I have to say I loved the my DC first time I played online with Phanasty Star in was brilliant I when out to buy my UK DC just to play that game:D

HaloUK
02-19-2002, 03:53 AM
I finished Shenmue but got bored with Shenmue 2 after about an hour.... may play it sometime.
The Dreamcast had some amazing games, I just had to get one after playing Soul Calibur and Crazy Taxi! I'll be keeping my DC but the PS2 is going out the door to make room for my XBox!

Afro Aura
02-19-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by HaloUK
I finished Shenmue but got bored with Shenmue 2 after about an hour.... may play it sometime.
The Dreamcast had some amazing games, I just had to get one after playing Soul Calibur and Crazy Taxi! I'll be keeping my DC but the PS2 is going out the door to make room for my XBox!
Well done you've made the right choice XBOX over PS2 when you get one you can join the XBOX posse, and ride high on Halo, Dead or Alive 3, Max Payne, Gun Valkyrie, Project Ego the list goes on

See you then:cool:

fear_this
02-19-2002, 08:59 AM
I had a lot of good games for dreamcast. Like 14 games. And then i ended up selling them. *smacks himself* idiot. :(