PDA

View Full Version : Are people still boycotting EA Sports and the NCAA/Madden titles?

mrmp3
07-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I was just wondering, cuz I remember a long while back when EA got the College and NFL exclusive rights, people were PO'ed bout running Visual Concepts out and how close 2k5 took the reins away from Madden. So now the time has come, NCAA is out, though I don't see anything about how well it's selling, and Madden is just around the corner. So is anyone still pushing not to buy their games?

TOTTEN
07-25-2005, 02:31 PM
I know I will not buy madden simply because every madden game ive played is complete garbage. I will take NFL fever 01 over any of the football games out right now.

mattgame
07-25-2005, 02:51 PM
I have Fever 04. No I haven't boycotted. I talked trash but I need my NCAA!

Slowride
07-25-2005, 03:33 PM
It would be great if gamers had the spine to boycott for a year, but they don't. I bought NCAA in 03, 04, and 05. I have not this year. I might rent Madden for free to check it out. Meh.....I haven't owned a Madden game since 98.

mattgame
07-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Just call me jellyfish.

tsrdawg
07-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Just call me jellyfish.

Find a spine you madden gardenhoe!! Theres a madden hater in tha house!!
:D

Anyway, I m still pissed that EA decided to monopolize football instead of creating a better product...I havent bought Madden since '93...
I ll be playing ESPN NFL 2005 until 2015 on Xbox 4...Hell, I ll still be dusting off tecmo bowl too...

mattgame
07-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey what's up man!!! Where have ya been?

tsrdawg
07-25-2005, 10:30 PM
You know I m always gonna be the fly on the wall...usually to spectate and sometimes participate...Remember, I ve made a phat 235 posts in almost 4 years...but I m known by the OG's and debate forum folks...
I still visit XBA almost daily; it's nice to see that solititude has returned after the transition...give yourselves a pat on the back...
I d like to send a shout out to Soundscape, BrotherDark, Grandpappies Huck and Stormin, the Halo encyclopedia(Maximus), and, you, of course, T Howell...

bob808
07-25-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm still p.o.'ed at EA. They gave xbox the cold sholder for a long time.....
I recall them releasing some game for ps2 and xbox at the same time and the ps2 version was better. how? why? no xbox live support for a long time? they're getting a little better lately though... still holding a grudge

CrazyCougar
07-26-2005, 08:13 PM
The EA NCAA series is an always will be the game to get for college football. When Sega gave the college game a try it was worse than 989 sports football games! LOL! As for the NFL, I enjoyed the "sega" titles 2 years ago, but there most recent release was a catastrophe for gameplay, especially on defense. I just couldnt accept the defensive AI quality. So I went back to Madden exclusively, and will be buying Madden as I have for the past 15 years..LOL!

George89
07-27-2005, 02:02 PM
well i'm not happy that i won't get to play an ESPN 2K6....but since Madden's my only choice for a new football game, it looks like i'll have to get it :D

mattgame
07-27-2005, 10:45 PM
I may not get Madden until it comes out for the 360 though. I'm almost certain I won't.

Stormlord
07-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I for one won't be getting Madden because of their new passing gimmick. I liked Madden from back in the SNES/Genesis days. But ever since 2000 and up these Madden don't really make any quantum jumps in gameplay that warrant a purchase. I'll stick with ESPN 2k5 until maybe Madden 07' or 08'.

mattgame
07-29-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm not trying to be funny but we all say this until the game comes out. We must keep up with the joneses.

gehx
08-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I boycott all EA titles. They choose not to system link their games.

Shame on you EA!!!!

Kortiz
08-02-2005, 05:11 PM
ehh, i'm pretty fed up with EA and their ****...

however, if madden 06 is good and what espn 2k6 would have been...then i'll buy.

otherwise, nothing holds a candle to espn nfl2k5...

and on top of that, wordness to the feller that said he wouldn't buy until it was released on XO

mattgame
08-02-2005, 11:52 PM
I believe that was me.

Spaztic
08-03-2005, 04:48 PM
I think the new passing gimmick sucks....I will probably just stay with 2k5....

mrmp3
08-04-2005, 11:27 AM
I really think if Sega had one more year, first-person football would've been amazing. So instead of that, we get the "vision cone", c'mon whose excited?

*cricket cricket*

At this point I'm desperate to get my hands on anything that has a football in it, which is why i'm getting Madden. I hope w/e everyone else is working on destroys Madden next year. Their dominance can't last forever.

trixmaster
08-10-2005, 02:35 PM
I know I will not buy madden simply because every madden game ive played is complete garbage. I will take NFL fever 01 over any of the football games out right now.

I played the demo for this game over 10 hours at least. Best football game ever. I hope EB has a used copy.

Ford Mustang
08-11-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm not buying Madden because it's crap, plain and simple. There just aren't enough new improvements to the game for me to justify spending 50 bucks on a product coming from a company that refuses to make a better product and instead buys up all the competition.

Marc_01
08-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't own a EA game. Madden would only be a consideration if next gen was incredible.

EA = turds dipped in chrome.

Soda Jones
08-17-2005, 05:05 PM
I only own one EA game cause it came in a cereal box and my 4 year old brother is entertained...

Brutus
08-19-2005, 01:08 AM
well i'm not happy that i won't get to play an ESPN 2K6....but since Madden's my only choice for a new football game, it looks like i'll have to get it :D

Ha! In my situation (Favorite team the 49ers) I'm loving the continuation of NFL2K5 for the time being. I got my seasons in, new custom rosters, & it's still a more immersive experience than that new Madden, I say.

Heck, & when it comes to boycotting that behemoth EA, I don't mind it a bit. I'm all for it actually. I just can't pass up a good game when I see it. However, the buying of Ubisoft, no. The buying of NFL Players association, no. I don't like what they're doing.

My opinion is, the reason we have it so good for the consoles right now is because there are multiple companies out there competing for our business and believe it or not, that's a very good thing. If EA buys all the games it'll be like the NFL games right now. There's only one...

Can anyone else say this with me, "Tecmo! Please, bring back Super Tecmo Bowl!!!!!!"
Ha ha ha.