PDA

View Full Version : Finally Controller Extendors!!!

Romo28
02-17-2002, 08:53 PM
Ive heard alot of questions about when and if controller extendors are going to be made. I dont know if this is exactly new news, but I found out that these are going to be coming out soon:

EBGames.com (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=217350) ;)

gula
02-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Romo28
Ive heard alot of questions about when and if controller extendors are going to be made. I dont know if this is exactly new news, but I found out that these are going to be coming out soon:

EBGames.com (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=217350) ;)

Woohoo!

The Innovation Xtension cable extends the cable length of the original Microsoft Xbox controller by over 6 feet. An inline connection feature allows for easy connect and disconnect.

Imagine that.... 15 FEET OF CORD ON YOUR CONTROLLER!! AHHHHH!!!! I have to buy this. :D

Thanks Romo for informing me.

Nato King
02-17-2002, 10:27 PM
This Xtension cable is a must buy an extra 6 feet on the original Microsoft Xbox controller this is going to be sweet.

fear_this
02-18-2002, 12:32 AM
Why would you need an extension when its already long enough. Actually too long. I always trip over the cord and roll over it with my chair. :(

sinizuh
02-18-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by fear_this
Why would you need an extension when its already long enough. Actually too long. I always trip over the cord and roll over it with my chair. :(

exactly... 9 feet is more than enough for a controller.

Variation-XBA
02-18-2002, 04:18 AM
It'll end up being like christmas lights...once they get tangled, they aint EVER comming undone :)

Capt Marvel
02-18-2002, 08:01 AM
Just wait and buy a wireless controller...

gula
02-18-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by fear_this

Actually it isn't, I WANT MORE!!! MOREEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAH!!!!! :D

Just wait and buy a wireless controller...

I'm not spending $60 on another controller!!! :mad:

Bundy
02-18-2002, 09:55 AM
wireless controllers are way to exp, when i already have 2 perfectly fine controllers. When I am playing by myself, the 9ft cord is fine. But when I play with others, we sit on the couch, another foot would be sweet and another 6 will do very nicely.

Hugh_Jass
02-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Before anyone gets any crazy ideas about stringing a bunch of these together you should know that 5 meters (about 15') is the maximum cable length allowed by the USB specification. One extension is all you get before you exceed the specification.

Bundy
02-18-2002, 12:04 PM
did you guys also notice that this extender was for the ms controllers only. No third party controllers allowed.

XBOX Dude
02-18-2002, 12:21 PM
why would you want more cable i have enough tangles as is and he would need more the nine feet!

Spike Minoda
02-18-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
You Can have my xbox when you pry it from my cold dead hands

I think 15 feet is great!

:cool: Go OAKLAND ATHLETICS!:cool:
:mad: Jason Giambi, You are a TRAITOR!:mad: DanieLudacris

Plewis
02-18-2002, 09:57 PM
when are the wireless controllers coming out. I already have 4 controllers though :confused: One fell hard on the floor, and I think the A button doesnt work :eek: my friend might have just been trying to mess with me because he did it, and he told me it didn't work well, but it worked for me. Maybe I'll have him pay me 40 bucks for a new controller, and just spend 20 more buks for the wireless. Excellent:cool:

Toder
02-19-2002, 03:49 AM
I think wireless is the way to go. who cares where your friends have to sit when they come over to play Halo. your the one with the xbox so you should be the one who gets to sit any where he wants with no fustration or bondaries of a cord.

fear_this
02-19-2002, 08:41 AM
15 Feet? How could you see the TV?! :confused: Anway a wireless controller would be kinda nice. No tangles. I hate tangles. I never get them undone. It take me like a whole hour! Man when i had all my syems hooked up, regular nin, super, sega, Ps, 64, Dreamcast. it was a pure nightmare. :(

Hugh_Jass
02-20-2002, 07:42 AM
I wonder how many wireless controllers you can have in one room before they start interfering with each other? Suppose you had a LAN party and everyone had wireless controllers. Would it work? Hmmmm.

Toder
02-20-2002, 07:51 AM
Depending on what type of wireless controllers they are. if their done by radio frequentcy the reciever would only work for that controller or have a connecting button on the receiver and on the controller. I have two wireless mouse and I have to press the connect button on my reciever to change witch mouse i use. these type of wireless mice are R/F controlled. I would assume the controllers would work like that.

JJaX
02-20-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I wonder how many wireless controllers you can have in one room before they start interfering with each other? Suppose you had a LAN party and everyone had wireless controllers. Would it work? Hmmmm.

I would imagine you would run into some problems. For a wireless device to work you need and sensor to pick it up. (like the DVD kit for example, You have to plug in the sensor to enable dvd playback and for the remote to work [DuH!] )

But if they were to make a wireless controller i would think it would be done the same way. But how would each controller know which port its plugged into if there all a generic make?????

So in reference to Hugh's question a simular question has arrised, how many wireless controllers can you have on one Box!?

shererboat
02-20-2002, 08:40 AM
maybe there's a uniqueness to each wireless kit??......

i guess u'd have to take a look at the dvd kit for an example (i wouldnt know exactly since i dont have one though).......does ur remote work on ur friends sensor??....or is it unique to urs only??

JJaX
02-20-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by shererboat
maybe there's a uniqueness to each wireless kit??......

i guess u'd have to take a look at the dvd kit for an example (i wouldnt know exactly since i dont have one though).......does ur remote work on ur friends sensor??....or is it unique to urs only??

Im pretty sure its a generic dvd kit, and my remote will work on anyones DVD kit.

Toder
02-20-2002, 08:51 AM
i'm sure mad catz would of taken the consideration of more than one controller being used on one xbox.

monkeyman
02-20-2002, 04:53 PM
ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally im so happy ahhhhhhh yes

l Maximus l
02-20-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

It seems to me that each Wireless control pad has an "eye" that you plug into the controller port and the controller's signal only focuses on that specific "eye" only. I think the DVD playback kit works the same way...it only works with the actual "eye" that it comes with.

I'm sure there are duplicate frequencies...but, it's not likely for a person to purchase a duplicate that would work on another wireless controller port.