PDA

View Full Version : Love it or Hate it.......

Rochey69r
02-18-2002, 12:36 AM
hey all,
im roche for those that dont know me. i live in australia and plan on buying the xbox at launch (only 24 more days)

i must say people's opinions on raw are very mixed.
most of the threads ive on it are saying things like "RAW is GOD" and "Raw=Awsome" and others are "Raw is cr@p" and "I hate raw"

it seems like you gamers over there either love the game or hate the game. either way if yourve played it tell me your thoughts on what you liked and didnt.

personally it sounds really SHlT to me. heres what sounds bad:

*no blood
*no backstage
*no crowd fighting
*they all walk like cowboys (robocop)
*no RVD or allience members
*1 arena
*new game engine that means you gotta impress crowd.
*not realistic (you hit a guy with a stunner and he gets up in a couple of secs like nothing happened)
*no ripping music off ya HARDDSK
*only 6 wrestlers at a time (even pos2 had 8 for SD3)
*u cant just pick up and play like wrestlemania 2000 (in other words i cant invite a few mates around to have a game of it cause it will take them like 3 hours to get used to the game)

good stuff:

*great graphics
*heaps of weapons
*weapons actually bend and brake
*CAW seems goo
* The Undertaker

fear_this
02-18-2002, 12:42 AM
You havent even played it. You dont even have an x-box! How can you even rate a game? :mad:

Azazel
02-18-2002, 01:21 AM
I think its cool that you are getting ready for the launch! Dont listen to fear this (no one likes him anyway). Hope you enjoy your xbox!

Sorry I dont like wrestling so I cant help you with Raw.:) :rolleyes:

DenniZz81
02-18-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
hey all,
im roche for those that dont know me. i live in australia and plan on buying the xbox at launch (only 24 more days)

i must say people's opinions on raw are very mixed.
most of the threads ive on it are saying things like "RAW is GOD" and "Raw=Awsome" and others are "Raw is cr@p" and "I hate raw"

it seems like you gamers over there either love the game or hate the game. either way if yourve played it tell me your thoughts on what you liked and didnt.

personally it sounds really SHlT to me. heres what sounds bad:

*no blood
*no backstage
*no crowd fighting
*they all walk like cowboys (robocop)
*no RVD or allience members
*1 arena
*new game engine that means you gotta impress crowd.
*not realistic (you hit a guy with a stunner and he gets up in a couple of secs like nothing happened)
*no ripping music off ya HARDDSK
*only 6 wrestlers at a time (even pos2 had 8 for SD3)
*u cant just pick up and play like wrestlemania 2000 (in other words i cant invite a few mates around to have a game of it cause it will take them like 3 hours to get used to the game)

good stuff:

*great graphics
*heaps of weapons
*weapons actually bend and brake
*CAW seems goo
* The Undertaker

Wrestling sux big time dont go there due.
yeeeeeeeeeeeah only 3 weeks to go.
time flyes by.. i remember thinking.. 4 months...:eek:

Rochey69r
02-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ty818
I think its cool that you are getting ready for the launch! Dont listen to fear this (no one likes him anyway). Hope you enjoy your xbox!

thanx mate. i am exited to. i played a xbox from usa at a mates mates house and loved it (halo).

im exited to

TRUE_GAMER
02-19-2002, 12:58 AM
I'll have to say to rent this one. I was really dissapointed with war. Everything you listed were dead on. I couldn't have made a better list of what was good and bad.

Rochey69r
02-19-2002, 01:01 AM
yeah im not saying it suks but im just saying from the sound of it it sounds SHlT!!!!!

yeah only 23 days now!!!

im getting:

xbox
extra controller
halo
amped
munch's
ad av pack
dvd kit

TRUE_GAMER
02-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Dude, have to get genma. This game is the SH*T, I believe you will love this game.

Rochey69r
02-19-2002, 01:13 AM
ok ill rent genma as well as raw

and prob buy genma but not by raw even though i love wrestling games.

i mean seriously if it dosnt even have a backstage then whats the fun in it?

i loved no mercy taken em out the back and beeting the hell out of them!!! lol

raw sounds soo ****

fear_this
02-19-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by ty818

People really need to realize I joke around too much. :cool: Anyway. when you get your x-box... you should start off with like Halo, Every x-box owner needs that game.

JJaX
02-19-2002, 09:36 AM
I rented it and i love the dayuM game. The CAW is freaking awesome. I made myself as this bad-ass ninja that pimps trish. Im the show stopa!

Kane is my rival. I whooped his ass with a ladder in a hardcore match, then power bomb pinned his ass. Then during a battle royal he rolled up and interfered in the macth. SO the [FYC]( Fuk Yo Crew is my faction)[Shererboat + JJaX]) had to lay the smack down on his corny ass.

* Points finger in rage at Kane + undertaker

fear_this
02-19-2002, 09:40 AM
You need to make a midget. :D

batman46st
02-19-2002, 11:50 AM
*no blood (thats true no blood,but you'll know with a big red flash you've hurt the player)(still no blood but their has to be a code)

*no backstage (true no backstage that part made me mad)

*no crowd fighting(nope)

*they all walk like cowboys (robocop) [some wrestlers do but in reality their head movement and action coming in makes them look real atleast to me n im a fan of wwf since i was 8 years old]

*no RVD or allience members (that im not sure if we could unlock them,however if they arn't i think is because the game was made when they wernt introduced in wwf meaning the roster was made last year]

*1 arena (yup that sucks)

*new game engine that means you gotta impress crowd.(yeah its annoying at times it makes the matches sometimes too too long.)

*not realistic (you hit a guy with a stunner and he gets up in a couple of secs like nothing happened)[not true he stays down and i think u can only pull off your special when u have the crowd on your side, and when u hit them they stay down]

*no ripping music off ya HARDDSK(yup thisone made me mad but i use tripple h's music im not so bad)

*only 6 wrestlers at a time (even pos2 had 8 for SD3)(exactly it took them till smackdown 3, this is raw why do we have to be like the rest, look at wat we have and then look at wat they have we'll be the winners]

*u cant just pick up and play like wrestlemania 2000 (in other words i cant invite a few mates around to have a game of it cause it will take them like 3 hours to get used to the game)[wat hell no how hard is it to press a grapple up down wit x to do a move or left right, x is striking up down left right b taunt left right up down for diffrenttaunt y blocks run analog or twice on d pad, my friend a ps2 owner came in and he learned it like nothing]

good stuff:

*great graphics(real **** nice)
*heaps of weapons (yup unlike the sd3)
*weapons actually bend and brake (and u can whear certain ones like glasses and stuff)
*CAW seems goo (great a lil techinicle but great control your pyros foglights etc.... great)

* The Undertaker(i have his byke in my entrance)

Hey budd look man this game is awesome infact the only thing have to sa makes me mad is the pin but that just makes it more challanging i got my moneys worth so it doesnt have a few of wat they said it would have and it should have. However just because it doesnt have wat the others have dont knock a game cause is diffrent it's still a very phat wrestling game.

JJaX
02-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Rochey69r

*new game engine that means you gotta impress crowd.(yeah its annoying at times it makes the matches sometimes too too long.)

*not realistic (you hit a guy with a stunner and he gets up in a couple of secs like nothing happened)[not true he stays down and i think u can only pull off your special when u have the crowd on your side, and when u hit them they stay down]

Game engine? What does the crowd + voltage meter have to do with the engine? An engine is the enviorment that the game designers create and mold. (example: Many FPS on the PC used the Quake Engines to create there own games)

I think the Crowd + Voltage meter adds Strategy to game play. You can choose to just beat the crap out of your opponent, but youll lose voltage for doing the same stuff. That way your opponent can win back the crowd and get pumped. Or you could be good at the game and beat the crap outta your opponent with varied moved and show boat and work your way up to your finisher.

GokuX
02-19-2002, 01:04 PM
I'm pleased with RAW. I didn't buy into the hype or promises so I had no reason to be disappointed. I think it's somewhat similar to the N64 game. I've had a couple of friends over to play it and they seem to agree that it's fairly close to the N64 WWF 2K. People say the single player in it can wear thin after a couple of weeks but multiplayer is great so far and should continue to be amusing for several months since we all make our own players anyway. I've only rented it so far but I'm pretty tempted to just go ahead and buy it seeing the amount of time we've played it.

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 01:06 PM
I haven't rented RAW yet...but, I would like to this weekend to check it out :)

GokuX
02-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Yes, do check it out. Have Kane's intro be the first one U watch. It will amaze U at how well it imitates the real life intro.

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
Yes, do check it out. Have Kane's intro be the first one U watch. It will amaze U at how well it imitates the real life intro.

Cool, GokuX! I will do that...Probably this weekend. I might even have someone interested in trading one of my games for RAW :) I may even just do that.

GokuX
02-19-2002, 05:28 PM
Yeah I'm thinking of doing a DOA3 trade in for it if they're still offering $25 at EB.

batman46st
02-19-2002, 11:40 PM
freaking i love this gamei think its awesome like wwf 2k was for n64 i recomend this game to any of my xbox friends out here, i didnt buy into the hype and u know wat this game is awesome.

Rochey69r
02-20-2002, 01:08 AM
thanx for all your responses guys!!

i still think that its a love it or hate it sorta game though.

ive decided to hire it first as i dont wanna be disapointed with spending $100 if the game is dumb afterall:cool: