View Full Version : What games i will get on march 14,th

DenniZz81
02-18-2002, 02:35 AM
Xbox 2controllers.
Doa3
Halo
Sh2

that will have to go for a while.
i hope those games will be alot of fun ecpecially in multiplayer since i love to kick my friends asses!
Anyway i have read things about doa3 and i have come to the conclusion that ppl who says that its just to mash the buttons and beat pros and veterans is not true, hur can learn to defend and counter attack really good. Anyway this seems like a really good game for multiplayer and i wont buy it for the single so that is not important to me. I cannot give such a good comparison between different fighting series since the only series i have played are the tekken series, which i love. But im sure i will like this one to. This three are probably the best in the staring launch games that are available to Europeans.... any comments on this one?;)

Hugh_Jass
02-18-2002, 11:18 AM
SH2 is not multiplayer, but I'm sure you knew that. I haven't actually played that one myself. I think it sounds fun but not terribly long. You might want to get Oddworld instead. If you feel really daring pick up Azurik. People either hate it or are fanatical about it. I love it.

AlBoogy
02-18-2002, 11:24 AM
Doa3 is a good pick up. I dont know why alot of people flamed it. It has a deep fighting engine and the multiplayer is fun. I think you will love it.

fear_this
02-18-2002, 01:12 PM
You should get WWF Raw. Remember Raw = God.

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 01:32 PM
Definately get Halo...that game should be Mandatory! Amazing for multi-player, too! This has probably the most replay value of any game on the market :D

DOA3 is probably one of the most beautiful XBox games on the market...incredible graphics...and, if you are a fan of the Tekken series, you'll definately like it!

Silent Hill 2...The great thing about this game is that it was upgraded for the XBox...they added more levels, an additional character to be, and improved the graphics substantially. I haven't played it, but, heard it was a great game from some very reliable sources (local friends of mine)...and they love it!!

Good picks! Also, if you like Snowboarding games, definately pick up Amped! Amped is probably my second favorite game that I own...2nd to Halo :)

Toder
02-18-2002, 01:39 PM
a couple of games i'm personally waiting for is Unreal Championship and Hunter the reckoning. I think UC will be one of the best games released on xbox.

FuNkY mOnK
02-19-2002, 06:53 AM
Project ego, pro- race driver, these couldn’t come fast enough. I can not wait…drooling. Silent hill 2 a must for the patient gamer, pgr excellent racer and halo superb, also if you want to know what happens when you tap a portion of the xbox power,check out wreckless."Drive rike crazy G.I, make xbox do wonderful things Try! Try! Try! You rike".

HaloUK
02-19-2002, 07:13 AM
Roll on March 14th!!!

The only game on my list so far goes without saying, apart from that I can't see any other 'must-have' titles yet. Roll on Unreal Championship, Medal of Honour, Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 (OK, I like my FPS's - deal with it!)

It may be a month late but March 14th is gonna be MY valentines day!!!

fear_this
02-19-2002, 08:57 AM
Maybe he should wait for Antz Racing. (LmAO) :D

mattcoxonline
02-19-2002, 01:20 PM
I pre-odered my Xbox a while back with the help of my XBA buddies.

I got:

Xbox Console
2nd Controller
DVD Playback Kit

DOA3
PGR
Halo
WWF Raw

and it came to the total of £510 (quick conversion: $695)

Why do I live in Ripp-off Britain.....why?!? :(

But I just got a NEW iMac....the new one :D

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Toder
a couple of games i'm personally waiting for is Unreal Championship and Hunter the reckoning. I think UC will be one of the best games released on xbox.

Dude! I hear ya! I'm all over Unreal Championship when that bad boy launches! :D

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by HaloUK
Roll on March 14th!!!

The only game on my list so far goes without saying, apart from that I can't see any other 'must-have' titles yet. Roll on Unreal Championship, Medal of Honour, Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 (OK, I like my FPS's - deal with it!)

It may be a month late but March 14th is gonna be MY valentines day!!!

Dude, HaloUK...you have no idea how AWESOME Halo is, man!!! Okay, maybe you do! But, I know that you will become more picky when it comes to FPSs after playing Halo! It puts FPSs on a whole new level :D If I were you, I wouldn't sleep between now and March 14th!! :D It's the baddest game ever created and should be MANDATORY for any XBox owner! :D

darianX
02-19-2002, 02:37 PM
Don't forget to look into Genma Onimusha when you can...I almost overlooked it and I've found it to be a great game. Still can't beat that final boss though d@mnit!!!

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by darianX
Don't forget to look into Genma Onimusha when you can...I almost overlooked it and I've found it to be a great game. Still can't beat that final boss though d@mnit!!!

I haven't checked Genma Onimusha out yet...but, I wouldn't mind renting it to see what I have been missing. If I like it, I will definately pick up a copy and buy it :)

Afro Aura
02-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by DenniZz81
Xbox 2controllers.
Doa3
Halo
Sh2

i hope those games will be alot of fun ecpecially in multiplayer since i love to kick my friends asses!
Anyway i have read things about doa3 and i have come to the conclusion that ppl who says that its just to mash the buttons and beat pros and veterans is not true, hur can learn to defend and counter attack really good. Anyway this seems like a really good game for multiplayer and i wont buy it for the single so that is not important to me. I cannot give such a good comparison between different fighting series since the only series i have played are the tekken series, which i love. But im sure i will like this one to. This three are probably the best in the staring launch games that are available to Europeans.... any comments on this one?;)
GET Halo it's the KING of FPS, Dead or Alive 3 is the most BEAUTIFUL beat 'em up you will ever play (well right now it is) it's getting a workover for Europe so I hope they change it just a little bit as it is a button masher, but then so was Tekken, maybe you should wait as Soul Caliber 2 is coming out soon for the XBOX.
Silent Hill 2 hmmm thats a tricky one, I think it's a bit boring but thats my opinion it's just very sloooow, I think JSRF is looking pretty cool so I'd rather go for that as its 4 player,
Anyway I'm getting a UK XBOX for better picture and for the new DoA3 Eur mix......Not really, I just hate correcting the time for this imported XBOX and I what one so I can keep the plug into the mains with out blowing up my flat with the step-down I've got for it

PS Make sure you get that second pad as Halo is brilliant in cooperative play

Rochey69r
02-20-2002, 01:44 AM
Xbox 2controllers.
Doa3
Halo
Sh2

he buddy hate to burst your bubble but SH2 isnt coming out at launch neiter is RAW

Afro Aura
02-20-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r

he buddy hate to burst your bubble but SH2 isnt coming out at launch neiter is RAW
How do you know, it may I've got the Silent Hill 2 over here from the US and I'm sure the UK version should not be that far behind it
PS Silent Hill 2 is a bit boooooring, very, very slow. I'd get something with a bit more fun just to show off how excellent the XBOX can be.

DenniZz81
02-20-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

GET Halo it's the KING of FPS, Dead or Alive 3 is the most BEAUTIFUL beat 'em up you will ever play (well right now it is) it's getting a workover for Europe so I hope they change it just a little bit as it is a button masher, but then so was Tekken, maybe you should wait as Soul Caliber 2 is coming out soon for the XBOX.
Silent Hill 2 hmmm thats a tricky one, I think it's a bit boring but thats my opinion it's just very sloooow, I think JSRF is looking pretty cool so I'd rather go for that as its 4 player,
Anyway I'm getting a UK XBOX for better picture and for the new DoA3 Eur mix......Not really, I just hate correcting the time for this imported XBOX and I what one so I can keep the plug into the mains with out blowing up my flat with the step-down I've got for it

PS Make sure you get that second pad as Halo is brilliant in cooperative play

I´ve heard that Doa3 will be a little delayed since they are adding some new stuff in it.
pls say it isnt so
i think I´ve read it on Ign
**** them:(

Afro Aura
02-20-2002, 03:28 PM

I´ve heard that Doa3 will be a little delayed since they are adding some new stuff in it.
pls say it isnt so
i think I´ve read it on Ign
**** them:(
Hey dont worry mate as long as you have HALO 2 to 4 pads you'll be playing that game untill DoA3 comes out on the XBOX taking time-out to finish such a beautiful game takes time. I'm sure when it's good and ready it will be out just like that beer (can't think of what it's called). I'm sure you've seen the advert

I went into the shop where I get my import games from and they has HALO on I just jumped on the pad and was playing away, not to notice the crowd of people gathering up behind, saying how good it looks and with me throwing grenades everywhere they thought is was funny, Halo is the KING of FPS a must buy thats if your into FPS.
I have to say I wasn't happy with FPS I hated Quake and Outtrigher on the Dreamcast R.I.P. but Halo has brought the light back into my eyes

l Maximus l
02-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

Hey dont worry mate as long as you have HALO 2 to 4 pads you'll be playing that game untill DoA3 comes out on the XBOX taking time-out to finish such a beautiful game takes time. I'm sure when it's good and ready it will be out just like that beer (can't think of what it's called). I'm sure you've seen the advert

I went into the shop where I get my import games from and they has HALO on I just jumped on the pad and was playing away, not to notice the crowd of people gathering up behind, saying how good it looks and with me throwing grenades everywhere they thought is was funny, Halo is the KING of FPS a must buy thats if your into FPS.
I have to say I wasn't happy with FPS I hated Quake and Outtrigher on the Dreamcast R.I.P. but Halo has brought the light back into my eyes

Exactly, dude! Halo sets a new benchmark for First Person Shooters! I mean, just the coop during the camaign mode is sweet all by itself! And the fact that you can both ride in the Warthog with one dude driving, and the other on the rotating machine gun, while a fellow marine is chillin' in the front seat talking trash and shooting the Covenant, simply makes this game AMAZING!!!

The replay value on it, like you said, just blows me away! I mean, you can have up to 16 players for maximum carnage and make custom multi-player bouts and so on...The game is utterly brilliant :D

Afro Aura
02-20-2002, 04:38 PM
Maximus a true word to be spoken there mate, cooperative play is great but for 4 playing in Halo is even better, I've got a friend with a XBOX and I'm waiting for the cable link to connect them together NOW THATS taking HALO to the LIMIT...and beyond lol

Plewis
02-20-2002, 05:28 PM
I dont really like Genma Onimusha, but I only played it for an hour. Oh yeah, buddy I would rent DOA3 before you buy it. Just to see if its a good game for you. If you dont like it you wont be waisting so much money. Just trying to help. BTW I own it, and don't think it's that great except for the graphics. It is an easy game. I played it with a bunch of kids at a Super Bowl Party, and they were pulling off all these made combos and stuff, and only one of them has played an xbox before. So i would recommend renting it. Halo is a must buy, you will regret not getting it if you dont

FuNkY mOnK
02-20-2002, 08:47 PM
Is it just me, but when I hear the monk chant, on the option screen in Halo, it brings me back to the launch date of the xbox, for me its something special….Sniff.

Afro Aura
02-20-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Is it just me, but when I hear the monk chant, on the option screen in Halo, it brings me back to the launch date of the xbox, for me its something special….Sniff.
aaaaaaww give me a hug.....there, there