PDA

View Full Version : September OXM Disc

George89
08-06-2005, 01:18 PM
well i just got my new oxm mag and disc. As for the demos, i was very unimpressed by the new mortal kombat game....i really think they should stick to it being a fighting game rather than a third person beat-em-up. There was also RBS: Lockdown and The Hulk, which i thought both were very fun. In Hulk i had a lot of fun running around the open city game area and jumping from building to building.

and there's also a gameplay video for Call of Duty 2. I'm not sure how much this video represents the final game, but it looked pretty good nonetheless. I'm hoping the final graphics will be better than this though--they were impressive, but it doesn't seem like a big enough jump graphically.

oh and OXM gives Madden 06 an 8.0 out of 10 :p

mrmp3
08-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Yea IGN didn't seem to impressed with Madden either, but then again the reviewer spelt LaDanian Tomlinson, "LeDamian Tomlinson". Makes you wonder how much of a football fan the guy is. Anywho, how was the Lockdown demo? Any new guns? Is it an XBL demo?

George89
08-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Yea IGN didn't seem to impressed with Madden either, but then again the reviewer spelt LaDanian Tomlinson, "LeDamian Tomlinson". Makes you wonder how much of a football fan the guy is. Anywho, how was the Lockdown demo? Any new guns? Is it an XBL demo?

For Lockdown, it is XBL enabled... I also have never had a RBS game for xbox, so i don't know which weapons are new--but i'll assume that for a new game they added new weapons. if you want multiplayer fun on the disc, MK:SA has offline 2 player co-op (or as they call it, Ko-Op) at least :confused:

I'm glad too that reviewers aren't giving Madden high scores anymore. For $50, all eA is doing is adding a small new gameplay feature and a new roster every year....and i'm happy that reviewers like OXM and IGN are starting to demand more from EA's Madden

CrazyCougar
08-06-2005, 06:30 PM
If you are a Rainbow Six fan, you'll be quite happy with Lockdown. I have played it quite few times over the past 2 weeks that I have had the demo. The only thing is, you pretty much get to play one game and done on the demo. You get kicked out of the server more than not after the game is over. But hey, its only a demo.

George89
08-06-2005, 06:53 PM
wow...i was already on the disc for about an hour and i'm already bored....the demos are so short and there aren't too many interesting videos :D

mattgame
08-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Well, is the mag in stores yet?

mrmp3
08-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Personally though, I think this will be the only year people rip into it mainly because when they take out this Vision Cone which everyone is begging to be removed, people will go back to saying "Madden outdoes itself 10 fold again, a must buy", especially with next-gen graphics. Reviewers kind of have a tendency to look past crappy gameplay with new spiffy graphics (Madden 01' anyone?) We'll see how it all works out though.

George89
08-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Well, is the mag in stores yet?

it's in stores august 9th, but if you are a subscriber, it should come any day now

bubbs
08-08-2005, 06:28 PM
i think its actually the august issue

mattgame
08-08-2005, 09:24 PM
it's in stores august 9th, but if you are a subscriber, it should come any day now

Got it and for the record, I am not buying Madden until I see the next gen version. I think EA is in for a rude awakening this year as far as Madden goes.

trixmaster
08-10-2005, 01:53 PM
I just got my August edition of OXM about 2 weeks ago! Oh well, what are the videos like on the disk? Is there a Perfect Dark one? I sure hope so.