PDA

View Full Version : Laser dirty or what?

Holt88
08-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Ok, trying to play Madden, have it in the XBox, turned the power on but goes to the main XBox screen, the green light didn't turn red, my hard drive is fine but I a couple days ago I did get a dirty disc error and this Xbox I have is the first one from launch, I kept taking the game out, putting it back into the tray and in the XBox, still nothing...this has happend a couple times before but then I get it to work, possibly a dirty laser?

BTW, just looked inside, had the tray open, is dusty in their and I'm guessing the laser is right their underneath the tray? Might take a q tip and lightly just clean it off? Good or bad idea?

wolf online
08-10-2005, 08:47 AM
I get that sometimes, I just take the disk out and pop it back in, it started when I bought conker, I was crying, but it worked eventually.

Ford Mustang
08-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Yeah, you basically just have to keep trying. That's what I do, at least. I also have an ancient XBox from the very beginning. It's been quite faithful to me as of yet. I've never had any problems with it that haven't been rectified in a couple of minutes.

Marc_01
08-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I have one of the first as well, never had problems until about 2 weeks ago. Makes you wonder...... New 360 coming out, so Microsoft sends a bogus error via XBL so you'll upgrade to the 360! lol

Brutus
08-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Hey, Holt 88. Go ahead and check out my post on the "My XBOXX IS SCREWED" thread. I hope that that helps you guys out a little.

Later, buddy.

-BRUTUS!