PDA

View Full Version : 1.6m X360s to ship by year-end?

Nato King
08-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Analysts at Piper Jaffray have released a set of estimates for the shipment figures of Microsoft's Xbox 360 when it launches at the end of this year, suggesting that Europe may get as few as 400,000 units by Janaury '06.

The figures, which were reported by Forbes Magazine, show 1 million Xbox 360s shipping in North America during 2005, with 400,000 units going to Europe and 200,000 to Japan.

Piper Jaffray belives that Microsoft will hit a November launch in the USA and Europe, with Japan following a few weeks later - but if their estimate of only 400,000 units in the channel for Europe is correct, the launch in this territory could be affected seriously by shortages.

In terms of software, the analysts believe that Xbox 360 will be accompanied by 15 titles at launch, with 25 to 40 games available by the end of the year - and expect North American software pricing to be $59.99, which almost certainly ties in with the UKP 45 price point suggested by senior sources here last week for Xbox 360 games.

Piper Jaffray also takes a stab at guessing the launch price for the system - coming down at a $299 price point for the standard console, with a $399 price point being suggested for an enhanced hardware pack including a number of additional components.

No pricing detail has yet been officially confirmed for the Xbox 360, with the only solid comment made on it so far being J Allard's observation that the price is unlikely to be very different to the last Xbox - which rolled out at $299 in North America.

However, some sources have hinted that since Ken Kutaragi has begun indicating that the PlayStation 3 may be extremely expensive, Microsoft has been considering higher price points for its system.

Ninjermy
08-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Woot. Can't wait till I can snatch a shelf copy on opening day. Hopefully I won't have to wait in line or somethin gay like that. :cool:

Yannie Boy
08-10-2005, 12:34 PM
i just want a solid set price point so i can go to my ebgames and know weather to put more money or take off money....that's all i want....is that so hard?

bbchs_trash
08-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Microsoft is doing a horrible job of holding this launch together. We are three months until go time and they still haven't released a price point? How do they expect me to go make the minimum pre-order payment of $50 and then wait to see how much the actual cost will be?

Double_Diablo
08-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Microsoft is doing a horrible job of holding this launch together. We are three months until go time and they still haven't released a price point? How do they expect me to go make the minimum pre-order payment of $50 and then wait to see how much the actual cost will be?
Oh don't be so impatient. They'll have a price by next month.

George89
08-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Here are the prices, they were just released:

The Xbox 360 core system -- priced at 299.99 USD in the United States, 299.99 EUR in Europe and 209.99 GBP in the U.K. -- will come with the console, a wired controller, faceplate, standard audio-visual cable and an Xbox Live Silver membership. An Xbox Live Silver membership allows you to create a user id, download game content, access the Xbox 360 marketplace and gives Live users the ability to chat with friends. It does not, however, allow users to play games online. To do this, Silver members must upgrade to a Gold membership.

The Xbox 360 fully-loaded system -- priced at 399.99 USD in the United States, 399.99 EUR in Europe and 279.99 GBP in the U.K. -- will come complete with the console, a wireless controller, a 20GB detachable hard drive, a faceplate, headset, component HD audio-visual cables, an Ethernet cable, Xbox Live Silver membership and, for a limited time, an Xbox 360 media remote.

Ford Mustang
08-17-2005, 10:36 AM
WTf that's lame...They should include the option of getting Gold membership when you buy one.

George89
08-17-2005, 12:29 PM
WTf that's lame...They should include the option of getting Gold membership when you buy one.

yeah that'd make it a lot easier for consumers, but as it is, MS is sending out 2 different packages (the $300 360 and the $400 360)

laughs
08-17-2005, 12:40 PM
And I shall get one!