PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Games

NoMercy
08-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey everyone,

New here... I'm a fellow Xbox and Gamecube owner. I mostly game on PC but lately I've started to get into mah Xbox. But I mean, it feels like there aren't any good Xbox games out there to play.

Here are the games I own:

Halo 2- pretty cool, boring after a while and pretty much resembles any other shooter, kind of overrated.

Amped 2- haven't played it, not a fan of snowboarding but it came with the Xbox.

Aliens versus Predator: Instincts- Sucks. Got it as a gift and it's... really bad.

Dead or Alive 3- Very, very fun game. Cool but I mean, after playing it for so long, it got boring.

UFC TapOut- I'm a big fan of the UFC/MMA so I went and bought this for like $15. Not exactly the greatest game ever. I pray to God they make a bad ass UFC game one day.

Guilty Gear X2- Very fun 2D game. But like everything else, it got kind of old after playing it for so long.

NCAA Football 2005/Top Spin- Both are kinda fun. Football game is kind of hard to manage but Top Spin is fun... but after a while boring and it's an overall, O.K. game.

So anybody got any ideas of cool games I might like-- to kind of bring the Xbox spirit out in me? I like fighting and 1st person shooter games, but any other suggestions are great. Thanks.

Hangnail
08-11-2005, 06:51 PM
One word. Morrowind! Its a great game, and it is cheap too. If you get it, make sure you get the Game of The Year Edition.

Besides that, i would wait until the 360. I might pick up Half-Life 2 when it comes out for Xbox, but that would be the last game i buy for the Xbox

Ford Mustang
08-11-2005, 10:17 PM
At this point I would reccommend that you just wait since Xbox 360 comes out in like 4 months. It'll be worth it to save your money and get games for that when it comes out. If you do want to get some games, check out some of the bargain titles. There are some pretty good games in there, although I can't think of too many off the top of my head.

NoMercy
08-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Oh alright, cool. I think I'll do that, then. Does anybody know if Xbox 360 will be able to play regular Xbox games?

Also, can somebody tell me what differences are going to be on Xbox 360? Thanks.

Ford Mustang
08-12-2005, 12:13 AM
What do you mean by differences? Are you talking about performance or features? It all depends. And yes, I do believe that there is backwards compatibility with Xbox 360.

Rhiannon
08-12-2005, 07:13 AM
I though backwards compatibility only applied to certain games(ones that sold fairly well). But then again that could just be a rumor.

I noticed that you had no RPGs on your list. You must atleast check out Knights of the Old Republic(the sequel revenge of the sith as well), Jade Empire. You also mentioned that you enjoy fighting games, how about giving Ninja Gaiden a try.

If you dont want to buy the games, then give them a rent. However, in my opinion these games should be in everyones Xbox collection :)

LiquidX
08-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, theres one game that you should buy no matter what. Halo 1... unless you already have Halo PC. If you're in to cars buy Forza Motorsports. Definately pick up Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic, Revenge of the Sith, and Ninja Gaiden like others have said. Jade Empire really didn't appeal to me but it has been reviewed VERY high. I think OXM gave it a 9.9/10.

TheWheelMan
08-12-2005, 02:28 PM
A game worthy of atleast a rent is Thief: Deadly shadows. I picked it up for 15$ at rogers though and its just a really sweet game

NoMercy
08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Well, theres one game that you should buy no matter what. Halo 1... unless you already have Halo PC. If you're in to cars buy Forza Motorsports. Definately pick up Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic, Revenge of the Sith, and Ninja Gaiden like others have said. Jade Empire really didn't appeal to me but it has been reviewed VERY high. I think OXM gave it a 9.9/10.

I've got Halo PC.

What I want to know about Xbox 360 is... what are the differences between it and Xbox? What new features will it have? Why should I buy it?

bubbs
08-13-2005, 10:53 AM
give your amped two game to me lol, i love that game

NoMercy
08-18-2005, 09:35 PM
So can somebody tell me what Xbox 360 is going to have? Like what new features, etc.?

I hear PS3 is supposed to blow all the other systems outta the water...