PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick little note

Chr0nik
02-18-2002, 12:00 PM
I posted a thread a few days ago about my thoughts on WWF Raw and I made a statement about them false advertising their product stating that certain features were supposed to be included. I was bashed down stating that my post was BS and what not and that THQ were saints and never did such a thing.

I finally came across the offical advertisement at our retail store in Canada "Futureshop" which is the United States equivalent of Best Buy

AND I QUOTE

1* Wage war with top WWF Superstars modeled in amazing detail

2* For the first time ever, assault opponents on their way to the ring

3* Watch the audience scatter as the action spills into the crowd

4* Battle in more than 10 backstage areas as you break through doors and destroy objects

5* Create the ultimate WWF Superstar

6* TV style presentation with in-game cut aways and "Double Feature" replay

7* Variety of match types including a Royal Rumble and KING of the RING tournament

8* Authentic Superstar entrances complete with full TitanTron™ videos

Note that points 3 and 4 are obvious false adevrtising as they are not included in RAW. I am not really going anywhere with this point, I just wanted to back up my earlier post to show that I am not just trying to bash RAW. Please I WISH that this game could of lived up to expectations.

Nato King
02-18-2002, 12:10 PM
I know what you mean if they was going to have on the game number 3 and 4 They should of put it on the game even if it took another month or so I would of waited for it to come out. If they were to make Raw with these high hopes make it the end results would have been much better.

FuNkY mOnK
02-18-2002, 12:43 PM
I’m sure if everyone complains loud enough, an, add on disk would be no problem with the xbox features

Nato King
02-18-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
I’m sure if everyone complains loud enough, an, add on disk would be no problem with the xbox features

I agree with you FuNKY mOnk we just need to cmplain and we get an add on disk real simple.

fear_this
02-18-2002, 01:40 PM
But after so many years of trusting wwf raw games... they lied to us. :( But I dont see why we didnt see this. Almost like every other wrestling game there was proof there was a hell in the cell ect.. one of us could have predicted this.

FuNkY mOnK
02-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w

I agree with you FuNKY mOnk we just need to cmplain and we get an add on disk real simple.

You would be surprise how informative these forums are to the developers and the industry this is where the feed back comes from don’t forget some of these developers are young blood in their twenties and I’m sure they frequent these forums for input, so yes, if a statement is made loud enough. They’ll listen, after all its us there trying to please.

Snoopy7548
02-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
3* Watch the audience scatter as the action spills into the crowd

4* Battle in more than 10 backstage areas as you break through doors and destroy objects

7* Variety of match types including a Royal Rumble and KING of the RING tournament

these are the false ones. i am so mad that there is no royal rumble in the game. royal rumble was THE BEST mode in wrestling games ever. me and my friends always played this. im so mad that they left this out. (for those of u who dont know what royal rumble is, its when u pick like 40 guys, and there are 4 people in the ring at once, and everyone keeps fighting until its down to the last two guys). oh man it was so fun, maybe there will be an addon disc:D

Chr0nik
02-19-2002, 07:23 AM
There is no good reason why these features were left out. I

understand that this was Anchor's first attempt at a WWF game,

but they also delayed it for half a year, what were they doing

during all this time? They should of just released it back in

September and maybe we all would not be complaining so much.

Nato King
02-19-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
There is no good reason why these features were left out. I

understand that this was Anchor's first attempt at a WWF game,

but they also delayed it for half a year, what were they doing

during all this time? They should of just released it back in

September and maybe we all would not be complaining so much.

What were they doing all that time? Half a year that is a lot of time to delay a game. I feel this game should have been an xbox seller. I like this game because it has made me come back to the xbox for a while until I get my next xbox game but something is missing from this game and that is number 3 and number 4. Just like you said Chronik 3 and 4 on the list should have been one of their main focus for this game, but like people say you learn form your mistakes.