PDA

View Full Version : Which package are you getting?

StudioAlex
08-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Like the thread title says.

addict
08-18-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm probably going to wait until after launch to decide.

laughs
08-18-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm getting the premium....Well, the premium is a much better deal....So, yeah....Imma get the premium.

Yannie Boy
08-18-2005, 08:54 PM
well considering i already pre-ordered and payed off 3 games and put 300 on the system already i might as well and go all out for the premium...a little costly at the moment but it will pay off at the end

J4320
08-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Premium. The free xbox 360 site that I finished decided to ship premiums. :)

Whisper
08-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Does the free xbox360 site have things you can do that don't cost anything? I know the free Ipod site had free trial things you could cancel right away after subscribing (got JJax his Ipod that way)

Double_Diablo
08-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Premium for sure. It's just a much better deal than the core package.

Ford Mustang
08-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Premium, sucka.

BORNGD
08-18-2005, 10:40 PM
i'm waiting until the ps3 comes out...hopefully the price will go down by then...if not, i'm fine with my xbox until it does...

skorp
08-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Premium.

Like, all the kids are doing it...

:hardcore:

TheCovenant
08-19-2005, 12:04 PM
premium, plus im getting 4 games. I have no idea which 4, but i had my heart set on 4. NOw i have to look into hdtv's, and maybe a better reeiver for my speakers...

Nato King
08-19-2005, 12:13 PM
As so as I heard that there was going to be two prices for the xbox 360 I said to myself I am going with the most expensive one because that's just the kind of guy I am. so to wrap that up in one word. (Premium)

Ninjermy
08-19-2005, 12:29 PM
I haven't decided. I'd rather wait until the GAME reviews are up so I can judge how badly I need the xbox360 RIGHT AWAY.

TheCovenant
08-19-2005, 12:45 PM
I haven't decided. I'd rather wait until the GAME reviews are up so I can judge how badly I need the xbox360 RIGHT AWAY.

stfu, senor no cash :)

Koopa
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Tycho from PA sums it up quite nicely...

Reactions to the Xbox 360 pricing have been all over the place, most of what I've seen is bad, but at the end of the day I doubt it really matters. People buy what they want to buy, even if it places them in mortal danger.

Gabe purchased his 3D0 for a total of four hundred dollars, and this was money he earned dodging golf balls at a driving range, so the true cost to him psychologically must have been profound - and he still managed to, for good or ill, make that **** happen. We played our Wing Commander and felt like we were on the cusp.

We were cusping.

I think the Xbox 360 is at least as cool as the 3D0 was. I also think that four hundred dollars is too Goddamn much - in any event, it's widely considered too much by those who will buy it anyway - but the three hundred dollar model isn't worth it at all. If you're ever planning to get

a wireless controller,
a remote control,
a hard drive,
hook the machine up High-Def,
or play on Live
and you try to piece that stuff into (what they call) the Core System, the numbers don't work. I mean, look at those prices. At the very least, you're going to need their forty dollar memory card. The lower cost "sku" isn't for the "Wal-Mart" consumer, it's for ****ing retards.

I'm not trying to push you into the high cost option, I'm confident that the average Penny Arcade reader has been making sound, informed console buying decisions for as many as twenty years. I'm trying to say that their low cost option doesn't actually exist.

The "hard drive: optional" scenario is unfortunate, because I believed them last generation when they said local storage was critical for a modern, Internet capable system. I also watched as even the Playstation 2, the undisputed victor of the last generation, still wasn't able to make a fixed disk work as a peripheral developers would utilize. If they want to distinguish options for the system, there are many other peripherals to do it with outside of base functionality. Of course, they would say - as they have been telling developers for a year - that the machine minus the hard drive is the base system. I'm not saying that is out and out sophistry, I think it was a pragmatic decision - the original Xbox was an expensive experiment for Microsoft. The scenario is just suboptimal.

http://penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050819l.jpg

NoLLiO
08-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Only an idiot would go for the basic package. Eventually you'll need the harddisk anyway, and if you want to buy it seperately later you've already paid more than for the premium package.

Dj Logical 1
08-20-2005, 06:39 PM
yeah, im getting the misterwiggles package, everything comes with it.

Shawn-XBA
08-20-2005, 07:13 PM
I am getting the premium package, its the better deal