PDA

View Full Version : www.origenxbox360.com

George89
08-23-2005, 10:37 AM
so there's the new website, www.origenxbox360.com. so far all i've found out is that the countdown ends on Sept. 27th at noon, if you right click and click play, the bunny will disapear, origen isn't spelled like the english word origin, and it could be many things, including the spanish word origen which means origin. I personally think it'll be the announcement for something big for Xbox 360 in Japan. Maybe something about Final Fantasy XI....or maybe it's just for the hype and nothing big will happen

Whisper
08-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Don't even bother. I hope none of you IloveBees fanatics dont fall into this one too.

bubbs
08-23-2005, 03:18 PM
advertiser.....

TheCovenant
08-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Don't even bother. I hope none of you IloveBees fanatics dont fall into this one too.

GO OURCOLONY! WOOHOO!

George89
08-24-2005, 09:11 AM
advertiser.....

I'm not advertising. You can even check, the site is owned by microsoft :rofl:

Whisper
08-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Oh my god! The Bunny has moved 6 pixels to the left! Does this mean the 360 is being released 6 days earlier then expected? OMFGZO)))RSSSS.

What is this site? What does the tree mean? What does the counter mean? Who is Cartmans father? What does the bunny mean? Why is it green?

George89
08-24-2005, 12:01 PM
the site isn't really that interesting at all anymore. Mostly because it's not like ourcolony where you'd do interactive things to see pics of the 360. Origen only has a tree, a rabbit, and a countdown in the backround.

AlphaRaptor
08-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Its changed

laughs
08-25-2005, 11:59 AM
It's so Donnie Darko-ish....Wonder if that bunny is named Frank?

George89
08-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Its changed

wow it really has changed big time :hump: too bad nothing on the site makes sense besides the countdown.

Shawn-XBA
09-01-2005, 07:28 AM
It changed again today, there are now 4 fruit and the bunny is in front of the tree

ll Mista GT ll
09-01-2005, 09:31 AM
People in this world are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damned stupid!

Do you notice the 2 apples @ the top?

Well!, Supposedly, It's the MSN logo! :hardcore:

:rolleyes: Jesus...

Ninjermy
09-01-2005, 09:43 AM
AHHH THE BUNNIES! THEY HAVE MEEEEEEeeeee *disintegraaatteessssss*

ll Mista GT ll
09-01-2005, 09:59 AM
This is telling us Microsoft is going to team up with Playboy to make "Sexbox 360" The newest console in the Next generation Market!

OMGzozoozrzx

StudioAlex
09-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Rumors abound that the latest addition of the hidden latin phrase may in fact be a reference to Halo 3. (Click here for story on hidden phrase (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=6318)) The phrase references Elysium, which is the homeworld of John Spartan-117 (Master Chief). Coincidence?

swivel
09-08-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm leaning towards Halo3 on this one. Could it be the game is getting a preview before the XBox2 even launches? That would be cool. I wouldn't mind an earlier release, I'm going to be too busy with the PS3 to play Halo if they coincide.

ShannonX
09-08-2005, 06:34 PM
i tend to ignore these things after the "ilovebees.com" thing.

StudioAlex
09-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Play what on the PS3? We've no idea as to what's going to launch with it. I'm sure it will be better than the PS2 launch, where nothing worth playing came out for the first nine months, if only out of neccessity this time around.

swivel
09-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Play what on the PS3? We've no idea as to what's going to launch with it. I'm sure it will be better than the PS2 launch, where nothing worth playing came out for the first nine months, if only out of neccessity this time around.

I loved SSX, DOA2, Midnight Club and Timesplitters when the PS2 came out. During the first nine months there was more for me on the PS2 than there was on my other systems. But I understand that we all have differences of opinion.

And if you are suggesting that Sony is going to release the PS3 with nothing worth playing, then we probably can't have an intelligent discussion regarding the various consoles and their pros and cons. Such a fanatical statement suggests a mind already made up, which is fine, but that sort of staunch mindset is better suited to yelling and cussing than towards discussing.

dances with broom sticks
09-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I loved SSX, DOA2, Midnight Club and Timesplitters when the PS2 came out. During the first nine months there was more for me on the PS2 than there was on my other systems. But I understand that we all have differences of opinion.

And if you are suggesting that Sony is going to release the PS3 with nothing worth playing, then we probably can't have an intelligent discussion regarding the various consoles and their pros and cons. Such a fanatical statement suggests a mind already made up, which is fine, but that sort of staunch mindset is better suited to yelling and cussing than towards discussing.

I think he was probably referring to the fact that lots of people found that lots of the PS2 launch games sucked. Like fantavision.

And he said he’s sure it will be better then PS2 launch, but since he doesn’t know what’s launching he cant say for sure. I never got the impression that he was saying it would suck.

However by you saying you’re going to be too busy playing your PS3 to play halo 2, you’re implying that the PS3 launch games are going to be better then Halo3. If any "fanatical statements" suggest a mind that’s already made up I'm quite certain it would be yours.

And it should be obvious to anyone that has looked at that site that MS is launching the Xbox360 early and it will be in stores on Sept. 27th, along with halo3. We should be seeing an official press release any day now. :cool:

swivel
09-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I think he was probably referring to the fact that lots of people found that lots of the PS2 launch games sucked. Like fantavision.

And he said he’s sure it will be better then PS2 launch, but since he doesn’t know what’s launching he cant say for sure. I never got the impression that he was saying it would suck.

However by you saying you’re going to be too busy playing your PS3 to play halo 2, you’re implying that the PS3 launch games are going to be better then Halo3. If any "fanatical statements" suggest a mind that’s already made up I'm quite certain it would be yours.

And it should be obvious to anyone that has looked at that site that MS is launching the Xbox360 early and it will be in stores on Sept. 27th, along with halo3. We should be seeing an official press release any day now. :cool:

Good points, all.

I would agree with you regarding the seeming hypocracy of my statement, but I am a bit of an oddball. I am a gadget freak. I'm more excited about these consoles because of the shiney newness of them, and all that untapped power. I just love technology, and watching it advance at a quickening pace.

That's why I'll be playing with my PS3 when it comes out. Just like I will with the XBox2 on launch day. I can't wait to see the splash screens and poke around the menus. I can't wait to hear what sound it makes when you first turn it on. To hook them up to my entertainment center. Halo3 will wait, games come on a weekly basis, FPS's on a daily one. Consoles come every 5 years.

StudioAlex
09-09-2005, 02:48 PM

And if you are suggesting that Sony is going to release the PS3 with nothing worth playing, then we probably can't have an intelligent discussion regarding the various consoles and their pros and cons. Such a fanatical statement suggests a mind already made up, which is fine, but that sort of staunch mindset is better suited to yelling and cussing than towards discussing.First, you're reading things that aren't there. My most anticipated game of this generation is "We Love Katamari Damacy": a PS2 exclusive. I generally prefer my Xbox to my PS2, but I prefer good games to any console. The PS2 had no killer apps until Grand Tourismo 3 came out a half of a year after launch. Some people (moi) don't like simulation/tune up racers, so there really wasn't a great title made for it until the next fall, which was Devil May Cry. I was having way more fun with my Dreamcast, playing insanely innovative titles like Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, and Phantasy Star Online, none of which were a racer, an FPS, or a yearly addition to a sports franchise. (Not that the amazing 2k games were anything to sneeze at)

I'm only pointing out that we don't really know what will be available upon launch for the PS3. The only stuff I know for sure will be cross-platform titles. Considering that developers develop for the weakest console 99.99% of the time that they release multi-platform games, it won't even matter if the PS3 somehow outpowers the 360 in a scale approximate to the Xbox vs PS2.

The only title for the 360 that I consider a killer app thus far is Elder Scrolls--which I'd argue is equal to three or four killer app because most people will still be playing it six months after they buy it. But it won't be a mass market killer app like Halo Soul Calibur were for their systems. I'm not sold at all on PDZ, because I honestly don't think Rare deserves the adulation. I think their best days were long ago when they ripped off Miyamoto games and boosted them with amazing-for-the-time graphics.

So before the next time you want to attribute a quality to me and then criticize me for it, maybe you should just address what I'm actually saying and leave your interpretations about how I might feel about the playstation out of it.

swivel
09-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Gotcha Studio. My apologies.

I've become so defensive against fanatics that I've become quite fanatical about it. As soon as I sense someone bashing one system over the other, I rush to the defense of said system. I do the same thing for the XBox on PS2 forums. If I rushed to the defense too aggressively, I'm sorry.

I hope you saw my other post regarding why I will be playing with my PS3 the day Halo3 comes out, so there is no confusion. I really don't care what games are with it.

And I understand you didn't like any games on the PS2 for 18 months. Sorry you had that experience. I've loved all my systems since the day I've opened them. I'm perhaps too loyal to gaming.

Cheers.

George89
09-10-2005, 07:51 PM
what i don't understand though is that people are already talking about getting a PS3 right when it comes out even when they barely know any games in development. If a console doesn't have any games i like, i'm not going to buy it just because i want to stick with the same brand.

Instead of PS1 i got an N64 like 8 years ago i think. But instead of sticking with Nintendo, i decided to go buy Microsoft's Xbox....since launch games like DOA3, Halo, and PGR were very good games and showed that the system was going to be very promising, but with Gamecube, it didn't have music playback or DVD playback, and the games didn't interest me as much, so i didn't buy into it

swivel
09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
George, I think most gamers know what to expect with the PS3. Same old franchises and sequels. But here is the big kicker.....

The PS3 will launch with most of the great games that are developed for the XBox2 in the next 6 months. With 10 million dollar costs for 'A' games, most developers are having to go cross-platform. Only studios owned by Microsoft and Sony are going to field consistent exclusives.

Even ignoring all of this, there has already been lists of a dozen or so games coming out with the PS3. Do a search and you will see what is in development.

And getting any system on launch day is a gamble and a thrill. Doesn't matter how many screens we see of XBox2 games, getting the system and games before a single review is just as silly as talking about getting a PS3.

Are you anti-Sony? Just asking.

George89
09-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Are you anti-Sony? Just asking.

i'm not anti-sony, i just wanted to make an observation. :)

swivel
09-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Gotcha.

I'm one of the few gamers, I guess, that has more money than they know what to do with. Sticking with one system makes sense if you are strapped for cash, but I'll own all of them, and buy any game that gets a decent review.

I just hate all of the infighting I see amongst gamers. We should be sticking together and up for each other. The enemy is the lawyers, politicians, talking heads, ignorant parents, and ESRB fanatics... NOT the kid next door that gets a grin from a different system.

The evil I find in gaming forums disturbs me. Anti-PC, anti-XBox, anti-Sony, anti-Nintendo...... why?