PDA

View Full Version : What's up with RAW?

Romo28
02-18-2002, 02:55 PM
Ok, From the numerous threads I have read, I have sorta come to the conclusion that their is no just satisfied customers. It's either amazing or a bust.

I hear that it has no career mode. So what else does this game have to offer. And what gives it any replay value?

Thank You:p

Jon27
02-18-2002, 03:22 PM
if you got someone else to play it with it has replay value, if you dont, it doesnt.

Marc
02-18-2002, 11:23 PM
The game looks amazing, but it comes up way short in terms of gameplay. You can't even carry a belt to the ring...It is a good game, but not as good as it could be. I mean, since War Zone, games have been progressing. With this game they took a step back.

xtr0n187
02-18-2002, 11:44 PM
This gamewas made the way it was on the gameplay so it could be a hit in japan, cause your not going to sell a wwf game in japan unless theres great gameplay, not easy cheesy moves. The reversal system is very refined in this game, leading some players to feel discouraged, when thier grapples are broken. However there comes a sense of sweet victory knowing you earned a last ride or rock bottom in this game, that only comes from good player ability.

Marc
02-19-2002, 01:55 AM
I'm all for a great grapple system, and the finishers are quite easy when you get the hang of it, but my god, you can't even back drop a guy over the top rope. I mean, you fall off the stage and it's no big deal. I'm not complaining about the grapple system, I'm just saying that the game feels unfinished. No career mode, or pretty much anything else. You should at the very least be able to perform a move that thows someone over the top rope instead of using the lame assed Irish whip. Plus, they didn't even include the royal rumble. How the hell are they going to be able to compete with SD3 in Japan?

J Dub
02-19-2002, 09:55 AM
Actually you can carry a belt to the ring, but only on created wrestlers.

And I think this game is amazing. The gameplay is just great. There's been nothing like it. Don't believe anything that anybody says until you play it for yourself.

The Terminator
02-19-2002, 10:53 AM
So far, I belive the game is just good. Not amazing, not terrible. The computer cheats like a mofo on the harder difficulties, almost never letting you land a punch, kick, or actually getting off a grapple. You just have to beat on them with weapons for awhile...

The lack of the extra stuff is kinda annoying, but the gameplay is fun, and it is a satisfying change from no mercy, where I was able to beat the comp on hardest difficulty, and never lose. I never lost to the comp once in No Mercy, so this harder difficulty is cool. However, I'm kinda annoyed w/ the limited amount of clothes to wear for the CAW. I wanted the biker jacket so I could create my old wrestler from No Mercy, but it's just not there. ]=

Xboxfan123
02-19-2002, 07:45 PM
I think that WWF Raw is very good. The graphics are amazing. It's not a "button masher". You can't just press press one button again and again and win. If you use repetative moves the crowd gets bored and your "voltage meter" goes down and you lose so you have to mix up your moves. I like that.

People complain because they want a perfect game and there aren't many on any console. For a wrestling game this one is very good. :)

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 12:15 PM
Personnally i like the game, the only things i would like to be change is, the fact that in the begining of a match is kind of like DOA3, basicly like a dam fighting game. I would like a wrestling game to me more Grapple oriented rather than mostly punching and kicking. Secondly they need to do a better job with top rope moves, like the "frog splash" and its a lil too difficult to use your "A" button groggy grapples, why is that? basicly they need to touch up the whole grappling system, and make the reversals more "doable" basicly a lil bit like "NO MERCY" and if all this is done along with more game modes..well addicts we would have more than a ball with it, and this would shoot the replay value through the roof!:eek:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

xtr0n187
02-24-2002, 09:46 PM
I like the reversal system. It reminds me of rock paper scissors , the hand game. Block beats strike....grapple beats block. All you have to do is press the same button as your opponent after someone grapples you, to either reverse it or push out of the grapple.

Jon27
03-02-2002, 10:12 PM
when you give someone a backdrop by the ropes he'll go over them marc

goingwreckless
03-03-2002, 07:28 PM
how doi but a pic below???? and raw is FUN

gtaplayer
03-03-2002, 07:46 PM
whoever said raw took a step back is totally correct...i mean raw took a long time to come out...and it comes out crappy...i mean take a look at smackdown 2 that game is great with all the diffrent modes of matches i think raw would have learned to make a videogame when they saw smackdown 1 on the ps1 and but then they just made a little addon from no mercy, i remember when no mercy was coming out...it sounded great then they changed it to a diffrent engine...and it went crappy just like what happend to raw is war...xbox is system designed for the best videogames, and thq brings us such a lackluster performance on this game...raw is war is a disgrace to the name xbox

Verbal
03-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Uh, gtaplayer, it seems to me that, if you are a wrestling fan, your a passive wrestling fan, a fair weather fan if you will, you don't seem to appriciate what makes a truely good match, it's not all high spots, thats all the Smackdown games where based on. I love RAW, there is an expansive amount of moves, thats what a game should be about, not a Hell in a Cell or some sort of gimmicky match, just plain wrestling.

gtaplayer
03-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Verbal
Uh, gtaplayer, it seems to me that, if you are a wrestling fan, your a passive wrestling fan, a fair weather fan if you will, you don't seem to appriciate what makes a truely good match, it's not all high spots, thats all the Smackdown games where based on. I love RAW, there is an expansive amount of moves, thats what a game should be about, not a Hell in a Cell or some sort of gimmicky match, just plain wrestling.

verbal i understand what you say and i respect that...but all the wrestling games i have played have great choice of moves and such...i am not to complain but just like other people there are so many LITTLE things in i look for in videogames that make games what they are... the smackdown series also has a excellent choice of moves just like raw but smackdown earns my high awards in the little things...such as the way the crowd was designed...the diffrent choices of arenas, diffrent modes of games...lets say for example u where playing a wrestling game (not saying which game) now u where in wrestlemania main event going for the wwf heavyweight championship...now u have just pulled off a spectacular move...lets say the chokeslam...now would u rather chokeslam some1 threw a cage or some1 just on the ring and....i would pick off the cage...wouldnt you?

deuces2k
03-08-2002, 02:49 PM
I think you've really got to rent this game to test it out because of the either Love it/ Hate it attitude.

I was so pumped for this game and got a chance to rent it at blockbuster... No doubt that the graphics were cool but personally i think this is only good with multiple players.

The thing that got to me though was the crowd meter, it jumps like crazy after you break out of a pinfall or submission. So everytime i lose my momentum when attacking someone.

Got a question for all you RAW players... how the heck do you tag in tag-team??? I press the right button (the one that's same as taunt) but i could never get my wrestler to tag... he just kept taunting!! I even tried targetting my partner and then pressing it but still it didn't work!!

xtr0n187
03-08-2002, 03:07 PM
Bro this is how you tag......Hit the taunt button and directional pad towards your partner and they will tag. Also buddy about the crowd meter theres a way to make it stay in your favor during a submission hold.Dont let your opponent break out of the hold, rather hit "Y" after a few squeezes to break the hold your self and the crowd will still be with you. Same thing in a pinfall.Hit Y It will break the pin fall for you, as well as push out of a grapple you initiated.

deuces2k
03-09-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by xtr0n187
Bro this is how you tag......Hit the taunt button and directional pad towards your partner and they will tag. Also buddy about the crowd meter theres a way to make it stay in your favor during a submission hold.Dont let your opponent break out of the hold, rather hit "Y" after a few squeezes to break the hold your self and the crowd will still be with you. Same thing in a pinfall.Hit Y It will break the pin fall for you, as well as push out of a grapple you initiated.

Hey cool thanks! I'll have to try this out again the next time i get a chance to play the game. Hmm though i thought i was doing the tagging right (and he still kept taunting)... but i'll try it.

The Terminator
03-09-2002, 12:11 PM
Well, more time has past and I rarely play this game anymore. I am in no way a wrestling fan; I never even watch the WWF or anything, I just liked the N64 games, but this one just did not have the charm that the '64 games did, it feels like a step up in graphics, but a huge step backward in gameplay.

The No Mercy engine was perfect, especially their reversal system. Why change a perfect engine? That game had flaws, and that's what the XBox version should have tried to do, but fix all the flaws, and keep the XBox version's CAW stuff.

Well, back to DOA3 for me... =]

Jon27
03-16-2002, 04:36 PM
yeah they should have kept the same developers i think too, but who knows how they would have been able to hold up on the new gen platforms