PDA

View Full Version : Is RS:Lockdown gonna really suck that much?

mrmp3
08-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Every person I came into contact with all seem to think the OXM demo was absolute trash and really made me worry if the game is that bad. Just thought I'd ask if anyone can second that or go against it. And don't gimme the well it was bad but it wasn't final code stuff, cuz the game comes out beginning of next month, I'm pretty sure it's near final code.

Tony_Macaroni
09-01-2005, 02:16 PM
im lookin forward to it .... *shrug*

Double_Diablo
09-01-2005, 04:20 PM
I've heard that it's apparently "noobified" and "watered-down" like Halo 2 was and that it will disappoint Rainbow Six 3 players in some ways. But don't take my word for it. They're just internet rumours.

Tony_Macaroni
09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
i hope they dont noobify it too much, half the fun wus getting really good and being able to atleast see when people actually have skill....its more realistic and its like u have something to shoot for...

George89
09-03-2005, 10:49 AM
it just worries me that this game keeps getting pushed back (it was originally supposed to be released in the beginning of this year!)

Tony_Macaroni
09-03-2005, 11:25 AM
it looks like we'll just have to wait and find out .

Reclaimer
09-03-2005, 11:37 PM
I haven't seen the demo, but like this game, as any other game.. I'm going to rent it first.

FB-Gollum
09-04-2005, 08:44 PM
LOL, it's Ubi people, and that = suck.

ScorpionX
09-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Well it looks like Bungie started a trend of turning sequels into complete garbage. Awesome

pitt4ever
09-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I played the RS:L demo and it sucked! But only because there was no point to it, it was too easy too dominate, there weren't many players, and the map sucked. All things that will be different in the full version, b/c there'll be more maps, people, and gametypes. We'll see.

Double_Diablo
09-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Well it looks like Bungie started a trend of turning sequels into complete garbage. Awesome
Or maybe Ubisoft got a few pointers from the Bungie team on how to properly ruin sequels.

Ford Mustang
09-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Not optimistic at all. Demo was junk.

swivel
09-08-2005, 09:20 AM

Bwahahaha! Too funny.

I guess as the gaming industry overtakes Hollywood in fiscal matters, it begins to resemble it more and more. The sequel-itis is getting scary in gaming. As much as I'm dorked out to get an XBox2 and a PS3.... perhaps Nintendo will find some way to make games fun for me again and surprise me.

So far all I've heard about is graphics and polygons. And as a gamer that goes back to Pong, I can tell you that I had more fun in front of Excitebike than I did in front of Gran Turismo 4.

At least in Excitebike they had realistic damage modeling!

TheCovenant
09-08-2005, 08:34 PM
hmm, if i can recall, i didnt take much skill to mash the crouch/uncrouch button while holding a desert eagle shooting randomly in a confrontation.

LOL, it's Ubi people, and that = suck.

Damn gollum, are you bad at ubi games too?

Saveliy
09-10-2005, 10:08 AM
I don't think online games can be noobified that much. The enemy is playing the same game.... 0_o.

Reclaimer
09-11-2005, 01:48 AM
It seems like since Rainbow Six came to the Xbox it became more of an action arcade game than the strategic game it was on the PC.

hebgbz
09-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Rented it, hated it, returned it to never look back. 'nuff said.

firewave
09-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Bought it, hated it. The controls are changed to be even simpler than before (you must really stink if you need even fewer commands), the graphics somehow got worse, and the AI is horrid. As an experiment, I walked up face to face with each enemy in the first mission, and almost never got shot, and never got killed. I could stand there and sometimes they wouldn't even look at me. GamesFirst has a good set of videos showing just how bad the AI is. It's not a fun game unless all you want to do is take it online, and even then, Black Arrow was better.

mrmp3
10-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Can't even tell you my disappointment with this game. The A.I. though handicapped for the first 2-3 missions, isn't all that impressive when it's ramped up in the 4th level. As for your teammates, they are decoys, nothing more nothing less. Multiplayer has some bad slowdown issues along with some weird animations, I got in a gun fight and a guy literally bent over sideways to the point his head touched his knee instantly appeared standing up again, love great animation.

Snowblind
10-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Oh man, Lockdown is god awful. I rented it and hated it. Afterwards I tried out the RB6 3 demo(to see the differences between the two games) on an OXM disk from 2 years ago. What the hell happened, Ubi Soft? RB6 3 was damn good and you gone and Hollywoodized it into the heap of **** that is Lockdown.

On a lighter note, my character in PEC is the shiznit. :cool: