PDA

View Full Version : According to Ken Kutaragi, the PS3 will in fact have the ability to raise the dead!

Snowblind
08-28-2005, 02:23 AM
AP Newswire
08/05/05 6:35pm
Toyko, Japan
-----------------

At Sony's annual "Playstation IS the ONLY CONSOLE in existence, don't you dare question me" conference yesterday, Ken Kutaragi expanded on what exactly the PS3 is capable of.

"Just like we promised with the PS2, (that you would be able to jack into the real Matrix), we promise that the PS3 will be able to revive people who have been dead."

While those with an iota of intelligence scoffed at the idea, Adam Sessler of G4TV had nothing but glowing praise for Sony's ambitious plans. "We all saw how amazing that real time KillZone presentation was, why should I even question what Mr. Kutaragi-san says. And yes, the Xbox 360 is really only a 1.5 machine, Ken told us all about it today."

Kutaragi further commented, "PS3 will not be inexpensive. How much would you pay to have your family members back with you? Did I already mention that the Xbox 360 is only a 1.5?"

When pressed abou the online capabilities of Sony's 're-animator', as some industry insiders have started calling it, Kutaragi snapped "I didn't see you raise your hand, next question".

Anaylsts predict that as we approach the launch date of the PS3, Sony will scale back their claims and only promise to be able to revive "some people".

LINK (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=364404)

:rofl:

SamSmith
08-28-2005, 04:19 AM
oh hahah, this guy is obiously terrified... look at these sad pathetic tactics he is trying to use to gain support for his console... lol and WHY all this crap about tech specs?? the ps3 is confirmed to be VERY similar to its competitor, and miscrosoft and ati would have us believe that it is in fact more powerful, and capable of more. but dont they see it is down to games?? everyone knows the killzone was prerendred , and it is all we have to go by.

il get a ps3, eventually... but im so much more hyped for the 360

Reclaimer
08-28-2005, 05:05 AM
Basically all this guy can do is take pot shots at the 360.
I'm taking it that he knows the 360 is a serious threat now to his market, he knows that this generation is going to be a tough scrap to the end.
What can he do? Stir the pot. Make comments and just get ugly.

Shawn-XBA
08-28-2005, 08:03 AM
I wonder how bad they will get closer to the launch of the 360 to try to change peoples minds about buying it. I think the 360 has a good chance on out selling the PS3, I am looking forward to playing all of the 360 games and only Killzone for the PS3.

Whisper
08-28-2005, 09:47 AM
The PS3 is still going to outsell the 360.. because neither system is doing anything truely reolutionary in this new generation. Most people that have only the PS2, will get only the PS3 because it is a natural step for them. For this reason Sony will continue to outsell them.

The gap may be a lot closer due to the 360s earlier release and good hype.. but they will not outsell the PS3 except for those first months that PS3 isn't out yet of course.

OC Noob
08-29-2005, 02:54 AM
The PS3 is still going to outsell the 360.. because neither system is doing anything truely reolutionary in this new generation. Most people that have only the PS2, will get only the PS3 because it is a natural step for them. For this reason Sony will continue to outsell them.

The gap may be a lot closer due to the 360s earlier release and good hype.. but they will not outsell the PS3 except for those first months that PS3 isn't out yet of course.

You're probably right, but there is a chance that the 360 will out-sell the PS3. Xbox has grown in popularity immensely over the last year and a half. Its selling games and consoles at the same pace as the PS2 with no support from the Japanesse market.

Also, MS is totally kissing the Japanesse gamers @sses in preparation of the 360's launch.

MS will have a good 6-12 months to get those PS2 users attention before PS3's are even available for walk-up customers and its not like the Dreamcast where nobody knew about it. The console war is hot and everyone knows these machines are coming and will be beasts.

I'm sure there will be loyalty to brand, but I don't see 60 million people (mostly casual gamers) ignoring the hype, not buying the killer piece of hardware on the shelf and waiting 6-12 months for a PS3 just because they own a PS2. I should also note that its probably closer to 30-40 million owners because its not like every console is bought by someone who doesn't own a working or broken unit.

Anyway, you are probably right, but I think MS atleast has a shot at out-selling PS3 this go around, which it never had with the Xbox.

Duke
08-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Some people in this thread did not read the entire article. Just saying.

laughs
08-29-2005, 11:55 AM

Yeah....What Whisper said.

TheCovenant
08-29-2005, 10:08 PM
**** adam sessler.

MatrixMaul
08-29-2005, 11:14 PM
sweet, when I kill myself and PS3 does not revive me: I want the Walnut Crew to sue the hell outta Sony for false advertising

Goku_69
09-01-2005, 09:08 PM
i think that in order for ps3 to out sell 360 it will have to be a good price how many kids can shell out 500 bucks? and even there parents wouldn't be likely to.

FatBox
09-01-2005, 09:11 PM
**** adam sessler.
**** G4TV, TechTV was soooo much better.

Xbox Masta 4
09-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Just reading to reply about the PS3 out numbering the Xbox360. Well it all depends. Which is also where the price comes in. Say the Xbox360 is $600 for the most common bundle to get. Really, a lot of parents may not be poor BUT they may not want to spend $600 on a system and then buy games for the children later on. I'm not saying parents are all like that, but some of them are. They see that they truely can use the money elsewhere to more important things in there life. So, relating to the PS3 vs Xbox360 sales it really depends on the prices of both of them. Is the PS3 going to be cheaper, more, or about the same? If PS3 is cheaper, than I can see way more people going to that if money is an issue. Which will hurt Microsoft sales. However some kids however most likely wont know about the PS3 until it comes out, so yeah those few months the Xbox360 will rack up more sales.

Now to look at everyone in general, it really depends. Since people own PS2's doesn't mean they are going to get a PS3 just because they owned a perviously Sony product. However, I agree a lot would most likely do that. However, some are actually smart and look into the hardware, and also the software and can decide that way and so it could change how they feel about a new system. You never know, maybe some will stop because they are too pricey for them, or they don't like either of them. It really depends on the product, some people that favor Nintendo could of switch to Sega(at the time) or later jumped up to Microsoft or Sony(when comparing with Gamecube). It really depends on a lot of things. Advertising and good things heard about it is very important for a lot that really don't look into the hardware that much. Even today, I see tons of people that got away from windows and use Apples because they 'hear' it is better. Or they look into it and are more comfortable with it, or the other way around.

I just think it depends on the cost for a lot of the community to make up there minds. If they are the same I'm sure it will be competitve. Yeah the PS2 sold a ton more than Xbox, but Xbox is a new platform. It has sold quite a bit for starting out on a new field. Now with more people on xbox and more things that are going around to friends and on forums and so fourth I think Xbox360 will get more buyers that way. Since like PS2 owners, a lot of xbox owners will buy the Xbox360 over the PS3. So you take that and so fourth. The second Playstation did way better than the first, so you can only expect the same for the new Xbox.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, but I think both are going to get tons and tons of sold hardware when they are released. So let's hope for the best.

George89
09-03-2005, 10:42 AM
wow....Sony actually appears to be getting slightly desperate :whistle:

Eddy186
09-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Do you guys know that the ps3 trailer for killzone was CG, in an interview with the actual developers (cant remember which site think its games,net) they said that the trailer was CG and are going to try and make the game like the trailer as much as possible.

StudioAlex
09-05-2005, 09:09 PM
I like Adam Sessler.

MatrixMaul
09-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Do you guys know that the ps3 trailer for killzone was CG

http://www.home.no/c0licab/captain.jpg

Double_Diablo
09-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Will the PS3 be able to make me toast and mow my lawn aswell?

Shadow20002
09-06-2005, 02:29 PM
So this one will have the ability to ressurect you when you are dying from playing too much.

swivel
09-08-2005, 12:13 AM
There's little chance of the XBox 2 outselling the PS3. The Japanese devotion to Sony is more than just who develops games for the system. Sony to them is what Apple is to Hollywood. Part of their defining character.

Also... Microsoft needs to develop some more franchises that people relate to. Halo is a great game, and a great franchise, but it isn't a Mario, Zelda, Zak, Ratchet, Dante, or Kong. Conker tried, but the last game was pretty bad. The XBox 2 is their chance to create some lasting relationships like this. I think the generation after this one, in 2011, will be a very tight race.

Let's not overlook what Microsoft did with the XBox. They took a butt-ugly system, with an unwieldy controller, and a faulty DVD-ROM drive, and they knocked the once-mighty Nintendo down to third place. The XBox penetration in the American market has been great, especially considering the relative lack of top-notch games. And Gates admits that the XBox was a "test" for them. Just to get the name out there. That is amazing.

Same goes for Sony. They got gipped in a hardware deal with Sega, and decided to make their own game console. It came out and put Sega out of the hardware business, and made Nintendo an also-ran. That is just insane.

And now we have these two giants, who were giant-killers. They have the warchests of a moderate nation-state, and they are about to kill each other in a competition of who can make us, the gamers, happiest.

That just tickles me pink!

It's like watching AMD and Intel come out with faster procs every two months, and slash prices. You and I win every time.

So square off you two. Hit below the belt all you like. Let's go one more round. And I'll be scoring the card.