PDA

View Full Version : Mouse and keyboard for the x360

NoLLiO
08-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Will it be possible to buy a keyboard and a mouse to your x360 like the ones for ps2. If not there ain't no use in playing fps games. It's ****ing impossible to aim without a mouse.

OC Noob
08-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Will it be possible to buy a keyboard and a mouse to your x360 like the ones for ps2. If not there ain't no use in playing fps games. It's ****ing impossible to aim without a mouse.

Sure its more difficult, but if a 10 year old can do it I'm sure you can.

ps its going to have a keyboard/mouse sooner or later.

NoLLiO
08-31-2005, 02:41 PM
It's just that if you're a counter strike or battlefield player, then aim actually matters, Aiming with the stick is very unprecise.

yall
08-31-2005, 04:30 PM
It's just that if you're a counter strike or battlefield player, then aim actually matters, Aiming with the stick is very unprecise.

I agree. Anyone who has spent any amount of time playing shooters on pc's and console can tell you a mouse is simply more accurate.

OC Noob
08-31-2005, 08:00 PM
I've been playing PC games since pre-Wolfenstein 3d (C64 actually, but that isn't PC platform), including FPSers and I don't dispute the fact that mouse/keyboard is more accurate, but you can, with practice, become very accurate with a controller and since everyone else is using them its not like anyone else has the keyboard/mouse advantage.

Thats why I'm against the Xbox 3rd party keyboard/mouse combos until they have official, supported units.

Anyway, life isn't too rough for us, people have been playing Halo for years and no one has died yet (literally atleast). Fortunately they suck.

Tony_Macaroni
09-01-2005, 02:01 PM
yea im great with a stick ...

yall
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I've been playing PC games since pre-Wolfenstein 3d (C64 actually, but that isn't PC platform), including FPSers and I don't dispute the fact that mouse/keyboard is more accurate, but you can, with practice, become very accurate with a controller and since everyone else is using them its not like anyone else has the keyboard/mouse advantage.

Thats why I'm against the Xbox 3rd party keyboard/mouse combos until they have official, supported units.

Anyway, life isn't too rough for us, people have been playing Halo for years and no one has died yet (literally atleast). Fortunately they suck.

Thats true, but it still doesn't change the fact the a keyboard/mouse combo is more accurate, and since shooting games involve accuracy, it is therefore better.

If we were in a race and all had go-carts, it would be a level playing field. But I would prefer that we all had formula one cars.

OC Noob
09-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Thats true, but it still doesn't change the fact the a keyboard/mouse combo is more accurate, and since shooting games involve accuracy, it is therefore better.

If we were in a race and all had go-carts, it would be a level playing field. But I would prefer that we all had formula one cars.

Its a bit off topic, but the thing that bothers me is the PC mentality. Too many l33t PC gamers coming over to the console trying to get an advantage like you can get on a PC. Thats why PC multiplayer gaming is so corupted with hacks, connection speeds and people buying $100 on a mouse/mouse pad combo so they can be a little bit more l33t. What you really end up with is most guys in go-carts, while some are in geo metros, some are in corvettes, some are in Twin Turbos and a few are in Formula one cars. Personally, I'd rather have everyone in go-carts, that way no one gets run over by a formula one car:p It is after all entertainment and if I'm going to best someone I'd prefer to do it based on my skill, not hardware or software.

Now I'm not saying you guys are like that, but there are too many people who take online gaming way too seriously and I'd rather not see the ugliness of PC online gaming come to a platform that is about as pristine as possible concerning the level playing field and even moreso, cheating. Sure it happens and sure PC gaming has cleaned up a lot recently, but I don't see much good happening with those Xbox keyboard/mouse adapters or the 360 supporting keyboard and mouse.

I guess its okay for the 360 since everyone can buy one, but I much rather see everyone using the same tools vs. some guys with hammers and others with nail guns. I guess I'm old fashioned, but while winning is important, playing the game/sport is still more important and I find victories over a gimped opponent hallow at best.

yall
09-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Its a bit off topic, but the thing that bothers me is the PC mentality. Too many l33t PC gamers coming over to the console trying to get an advantage like you can get on a PC. Thats why PC multiplayer gaming is so corupted with hacks, connection speeds and people buying $100 on a mouse/mouse pad combo so they can be a little bit more l33t. What you really end up with is most guys in go-carts, while some are in geo metros, some are in corvettes, some are in Twin Turbos and a few are in Formula one cars. Personally, I'd rather have everyone in go-carts, that way no one gets run over by a formula one car:p It is after all entertainment and if I'm going to best someone I'd prefer to do it based on my skill, not hardware or software.

Now I'm not saying you guys are like that, but there are too many people who take online gaming way too seriously and I'd rather not see the ugliness of PC online gaming come to a platform that is about as pristine as possible concerning the level playing field and even moreso, cheating. Sure it happens and sure PC gaming has cleaned up a lot recently, but I don't see much good happening with those Xbox keyboard/mouse adapters or the 360 supporting keyboard and mouse.

I guess its okay for the 360 since everyone can buy one, but I much rather see everyone using the same tools vs. some guys with hammers and others with nail guns. I guess I'm old fashioned, but while winning is important, playing the game/sport is still more important and I find victories over a gimped opponent hallow at best.

Play Wolfenstien or Halo 2 on Xbox Live. When People stop flying around, I'll give credence to the cheating argument.

As far as better hardware solutions offering a competitive advantage, aside from buying a mouse with better tracking there isn't that much difference. When I play shooters on line (ET, BF2, UT2K4, etc..) I use a standard MS Explorer mouse and logitech keyboard, and I do just fine.

But that is all ansilary if you ask me. The point is for shooters, especially the more military shooters like BF2 and BHD, precision is needed. Precision you can currently only get from a mouse.

Play BHD and tell me that it would not greatly enhance the gameplay experience, were there not a mouse/keyborad interface.

NoLLiO
09-02-2005, 09:49 AM
- Keyboard and Mouse – This one is a bit disappointing as it will only be used for inputting text. Microsoft has decided to disallow use of keyboard and mouse with games. However, Satchell stated that if demand is high enough, this could change.

i just found this, and it broke my heart, but i guess i'll just have to learn.

Duke
09-02-2005, 09:58 AM
I have no problem hitting anyone from maximum range with a controller.

As far as credence goes, I don't the the kb/mouse argument really has any. The games are made with the controller setup in mind, and as long as no one else is using one you are only limited by your own shortcomings in using a controller.

Yes, kb/mouse is more accurate, but no one is negatively affected by not having one except by their own preference.

Tony_Macaroni
09-02-2005, 12:06 PM
im far too lazy to read all these long entries .... :(