PDA

View Full Version : New OXM demos--Far Cry rocks!!!

George89
08-30-2005, 06:02 PM
has anyone played the new OXM demo disc. It's loaded with 7 awsome demos and a ton of videos. The demos are Far Cry, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood, The Suffering: Ties that Bind, Indigo Prophecy, Conflict: Global Terror, Cold War, and Burnout: Revenge.

The demos are also all suprising long and cool. I played the Far Cry demo is soooooo long. It took me somewhere between a half hour to a full hour to get to finally get through it all. The graphics are amazing and it's so fun.

I only got around to two other demos--Burnout:Revenge, which is really cool, and Indigo Prophecy, which is super fun to replay over and over again due to the many alternate paths.

TheWheelMan
08-31-2005, 05:47 PM
That sounds mighty tempting....I dunno when the october one hits shelfs here in canada but im deffinately ganna check it out....Far cry looks so sick!

George89
08-31-2005, 06:28 PM
ok now i've also played Cold War, which is a rip off of Metal Gear SOlid/Splinter Cell, but is still fun to play. And i played The Suffering 2, which was pretty cool.

swivel
09-08-2005, 09:22 AM
The Suffering 2 looks great.

Crazy that Far Cry is just now coming out on the XBox. It feels like I played that game 2 years ago!

laughs
09-08-2005, 10:46 AM
I think my subscription is up....And I'm going to wait for xbox360 magizine.

StudioAlex
09-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Brothers in arms is hard as crap

George89
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Brothers in arms is hard as crap

i can't even get past the beginning where those three enemies are shooting at you from the other end of the road and you have to take cover in blown-up houses :(

TheCovenant
09-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Brothers in arms is the best demo on there!

i tried it on normal then beat it on the other difficulties this morning. I love this franchise. A lot. Wait till you get to the damn tank, george, it'll be a treat :).

As for the first part, what i did right off the bat was told my supressive team to take cover behnid the second mound of debris up, and surpress that guy on the first floor of the two floor building, and told my fire team to surpress the guy on the bottom, as they stuck with me (down on the d-pad). I fire randomly at the fire squad behind the old car on the left of the road to get their supression meter down so i can seek shelter on the broken down building right in front of the first two guys. Now im at a perfect angle to take out the two bastards in the buildings, and the supressed guys behind the car.

I pick them off while they're concentrated on my supression team all the way up the road. If they take their attention of my team and focus on me, i take shelterand tell my team to rush them, then i poke my head out again and fire form cover.

The strategy behind this game is ingenious. I cant wait for earned in blood, co-op is gonna be soooo damn fun!

EDIT: I LOVE THIS GAAAME!

and indigo prophecy looks interesting as hell...

Ford Mustang
09-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Brothers in Arms rules, but the other games are pretty cool too. I like the conflict games, and Far Cry looks just plain awesome.

Reclaimer
09-08-2005, 11:16 PM
I had a good time with Far Cry. The graphics are cool. Conflict Global Terror was fun. I love the Conflict Series. I played the Burnout Revenge demo at Toys r Us today. Damn that was cool. Got my ass kicked at Brothers in Arms on the demo though.

StudioAlex
09-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Indigo Prophecy is indeed unique. I was trying to describe it to my friend and the best I could come up with was, "Uh, it's like Shenmue, but more natural." But it will probably be a rental, as it doesn't seem like the game will be longer than eight hours tops.

I didn't know that I had two teams to use in Brothers at Arms. That would have made that way easier.

Duke
09-09-2005, 08:43 AM
oh god i might actually have to go and buy an oxm.

laughs
09-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Will there even be an xbox360 magazine? I guess there will be.

swivel
09-09-2005, 12:47 PM

Man, my XBN is already looking like an XBox2 magazine. The coverage of the original XBox is almost like an afterthought.

To be expected, and honestly I can't read enough about the new systems, so the more the merrier.

StudioAlex
09-09-2005, 02:55 PM
It will still be OXM if you want demos for the 360. I doubt they'll be changing their name.

Shawn-XBA
09-09-2005, 05:46 PM
when did everyone get theres, I didn't get mine yet

Snowblind
09-09-2005, 07:13 PM

2 different magazines.

XBox360: The Official Xbox Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine.

mattgame
09-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Is the mag on shelves now or what?

Goku_69
09-11-2005, 04:23 PM
2 different magazines.

XBox360: The Official Xbox Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine.

my oxm said they haven't annonced there plans yet so where did u hear that?

y2kash_14
09-12-2005, 02:05 AM
I haven't had an issue of OXM since they jacked their price up to 10 bucks...I used to have a subscribtion until the cut me off of those demo disks telling me to give them more money. But this may convince me to get an issue

mattgame
09-12-2005, 04:27 PM
So is it on the shelf now.

George89
09-12-2005, 05:21 PM
So is it on the shelf now.

it should be....it's almost halfway through the month, and usually the mag hits stores a little after the first week of a month.

mattgame
09-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Good now can I borrow ten bucks.