PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Sports Titles for Xbox 360

George89
09-03-2005, 10:44 AM
i don't know if anyone remembered this, but Microsoft quit making sports games awhile back so they could come out strong sometime later....well...maybe this will be next year. I was reading stuff online about this matter, and i also remember that Microsoft has the rights to the High Heat Baseball liscense!! plus the baseball exclusivity deal only diables EA from making a baseball game, not microsoft!!!

NoLLiO
09-03-2005, 12:14 PM
they didn't stop making amped games. An i thought they were pretty good

J4320
09-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah Amped was pretty fun. I've never really noticed that microsoft stopped making sports games. :watchout:

BORNGD
09-03-2005, 01:36 PM
amped was pretty good...everything else...eh

top spin was alright, but took forever to play a match once you got deep into the game

George89
09-04-2005, 10:46 AM
they didn't stop making amped games. An i thought they were pretty good

well yeah, but besides that, they haven't released a new football game, hockey game, baseball game, golf game, tennis game, or basketball game in a year or two.

Yellowlab
09-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Microsoft Studios quit making Amped and Top Spin... they sold the series to 2K sports, which is making the sequels.

MS pretty much abandoned their sports series altogether, and if I'm not mistaken it was part of the deal to get EA to come to Xbox Live.

George89
09-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Microsoft Studios quit making Amped and Top Spin... they sold the series to 2K sports, which is making the sequels.

MS pretty much abandoned their sports series altogether, and if I'm not mistaken it was part of the deal to get EA to come to Xbox Live.

that's what i thought too, but then in OXM i read that they have the High Heat franchise, and EA can't make baseball games, so it looks like a perfect opportunity for MS to get back into the sports games.

SamSmith
09-04-2005, 03:34 PM
and since the once xsn sports range is now not ms owned, you shouldnt be supriesd if you see amped etc appearing on ps2/3 --- top spin is already headed to ps2

Eddy186
09-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I wonder what happen to 989 studios, LOL (sony's failed attempt). EA is such a tyrant, they own rights to NFL (no other company can make a game with any NFL players, logos etc.)and are trying to own rights to NBA. What next? World Domination!