PDA

View Full Version : PGR3 Might Not be Ready for Launch

Nato King
09-05-2005, 10:51 AM
One of the most anticipated launch titles for Xbox 360, PGR3, might not be ready for launch. At least if we are to believe some EA developers who are working on another launch title Need for Speed : Most Wanted. They said PGR3 is very ambitious, and from what they have seen it won’t make launch.

TalkXbox who recently talked with the EA developers wrote:

I asked about PGR3 and how they are planning to market Most Wanted with another racing title launching so close. The answer: most everyone there at EAX doesn’t expect PGR3 to make launch. Microsoft has apparently been giving EA all the help they can give with getting Most Wanted out at launch (which they are on track to do), and they wouldn’t be doing that as much as they are if they had their own racing game ready for launch. Also, PGR3 is very ambitious, and from what they’ve seen it won’t make launch. Most of them expect it to be in the second wave of 360 titles, along with Gears of War.

I want to stress that before Microsoft or someone on the actual PGR3 dev team can confirm this, treat this info as a rumor

Source (http://www.xbox360news.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_442.aspx)

J4320
09-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Hmmm... Sucks for all it's fans. I don't really care though.... I'm more into violent games.

Nato King
09-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Hmmm... Sucks for all it's fans. I don't really care though.... I'm more into violent games.

so if you are not into this game PGR3. What game are you into and if that game not be Ready for Launch. How would you feel. :cry:

George89
09-05-2005, 07:44 PM
i think there are more people annticipating Oblivion more than PGR3. and, even if it doesn't come out, there is at least going to be Test Drive Unlimited and NFS: Most Wanted.

Nato King
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
i think there are more people annticipating Oblivion more than PGR3. and, even if it doesn't come out, there is at least going to be Test Drive Unlimited and NFS: Most Wanted.

ya I see what you mean. NFS. mostwanted would be a shame if it didn't come out on launch date. I would be heart broken. :cry: :cry:

Shadow20002
09-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Just not forget at launch, we only have around 15 games or less.

Nato King
09-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Just not forget at launch, we only have around 15 games or less.

I thought it was 25 and 160 in the making but I could be wrong.

George89
09-06-2005, 09:24 PM
I thought it was 25 and 160 in the making but I could be wrong.

there may be only 15 or so on day one, but between then and the end of the year, a lot more will come out.

TheCovenant
09-06-2005, 11:51 PM
i read somewhere it was 19 on launch...?

Nato King
09-07-2005, 04:57 AM
i read somewhere it was 19 on launch...?

Find link, find link. :cheers: :cheers:

Dompiece
09-09-2005, 04:05 AM
I was counting on that game making launch. :bang:

Nato King
09-09-2005, 05:41 AM
I was counting on that game making launch. :bang:

Remember what I said in the thread ("I want to stress that before Microsoft or someone on the actual PGR3 dev team can confirm this, treat this info as a rumor")

swivel
09-09-2005, 09:20 AM
I know I will be in the minority here, but I think too much is made of the launch line-up. I could see this being a big deal if more consoles were coming out at the same time, but to tell you the truth, I would prefer a steady trickle of great games, rather than a flood of rushed and hurried garbage.

There are already a few killer games coming out to warrent the pre-order (in my opinion), so why have them pile on? Save some A+ titles for Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. And would someone please do something about our summers? That's when the movie industry hits us hard, so why does the gaming industry just die for three months? I'll never understand that. There is no competition, the kids are out of school, families are loose with their money because they aren't saving it up for Xmas yet. So save some of these games for May. Please.