PDA

View Full Version : Wwf Raw : Add On Disk!

rtsawyer24
02-18-2002, 06:48 PM
I have really enjoyed wwf raw, but everyone know that there are things that really need work. What everyone needs to do is let THQ know that this is unacceptable and that it needs fixed! The only way that is possible is if everyone participates and tells THQ that they need to fix what isn't right if they want us to support them. Below is a link to thq. This is where everyone needs to be involed, send thq an email stating the things you think are wrong and need to be fixed! Request that they make a add-on disk to remedy these problems. Now I know I am probably peeing in the wind but if no one speaks up, they will think making a sub-par game is oke and they will do it again! I for one have already given them a piece of my mind! EVERYONE TAKE THIS LINK AND POST IT ON OTHER FORUMS SO THAT MORE PEOPLE CAN GET INVOLVED. THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS!

http://www.thq.com/Support/transfer.asp?Node=0&UPC=52003&SupID=24.187.240.217

{*}{u$tler*}
02-26-2002, 09:41 PM
Theres no point in that no more.Just wait till Raw 2 comes out.

C++
03-13-2002, 04:58 PM
WWF RAW does not live up to the hype. Don't get me wrong the game is alright. It's fun to goof around with but not really something that you would invest a lot of time in. When I first saw the preview for this game you think the game would be absolutly amazing. The graphics are wonderful. Nobody can deny that. The designers put forth a lot of effort in that department. If they had only extended that much effort towards the rest of the game. They would of had an instant classic.

The game has many problems that I need to address. First of all there is type of career mode. This was a great feature of Wrestlemania 2000(N64). And it should have been included in this one. Another, while trying to unlock belts and the hidden characters, there is no save option. You have to play through or just waste your time. Now I know that shouldn't have been to hard to incorporate into the game. One last real problem is when playing in "tag team mode," it's not like 2 people working together as a team, but rather two individuals against another two individuals. Which is not what previous wrestling games have been like.

I know I have been comparing this game, to many of the features that the earlier games have had. But the way I see it is, why change what ain't broke. The XBox is a great system with a lot of potential. And this game is no where close to realizing what the XBOX can really do.

Overall Judgement: Designers -Try a lot harder next time.

Players - Unless you're a die hard wrestling fan, you probably want to avoid this game.

Kleen
03-28-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by C++
WWF RAW does not live up to the hype. Don't get me wrong the game is alright. It's fun to goof around with but not really something that you would invest a lot of time in. When I first saw the preview for this game you think the game would be absolutly amazing. The graphics are wonderful. Nobody can deny that. The designers put forth a lot of effort in that department. If they had only extended that much effort towards the rest of the game. They would of had an instant classic.

The game has many problems that I need to address. First of all there is type of career mode. This was a great feature of Wrestlemania 2000(N64). And it should have been included in this one. Another, while trying to unlock belts and the hidden characters, there is no save option. You have to play through or just waste your time. Now I know that shouldn't have been to hard to incorporate into the game. One last real problem is when playing in "tag team mode," it's not like 2 people working together as a team, but rather two individuals against another two individuals. Which is not what previous wrestling games have been like.

I know I have been comparing this game, to many of the features that the earlier games have had. But the way I see it is, why change what ain't broke. The XBox is a great system with a lot of potential. And this game is no where close to realizing what the XBOX can really do.

Overall Judgement: Designers -Try a lot harder next time.

Players - Unless you're a die hard wrestling fan, you probably want to avoid this game.

You have valid complaints, but the games you are comparing RAW to were built on year after year after year. There first versions did not have all of these features in place, not to mention they were built on simpler systems and based on pre-existing japanese wrestling engines. RAW is brand new in every way. Also, Anchor has never made a wrestling game before. I think that they did a decent job, and would like to see what they do next year.

ADEMA_RULES
04-07-2002, 05:23 PM
yeah everybody should just reamber this WWF Raw is a basegame and Anchor is new at this like AKI and the other companys were new 1 time before, Anchor wanted backstages and Music Ripping offer for the game but they got the Xbox Kit late so for one thing for Anchor going have the Music thing in for sure and I hope they show Raw2 at E3, Anchor seemed pleace to make Raw2 and I just can't wait to see Screenshots and stuff.