PDA

View Full Version : to much money

emo
09-07-2005, 04:30 PM
im totally looking forowd to xbox 360 but like most gamers i dont have much money. ithink they should just make one system to play all video games ps2/xbox/gamecube/and evry other system soo u only have to by on e system. bishop clark.

StudioAlex
09-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Who is this "much money" fellow and why are you posting your letters to him in a public forum?

Welcome to Xbox Addict. :hardcore:

laughs
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I believe he was trying to say, "Too much money"

Anyway, do you realize that if they did that, the system would cost about $1,000.

swivel
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
im totally looking forowd to xbox 360 but like most gamers i dont have much money. ithink they should just make one system to play all video games ps2/xbox/gamecube/and evry other system soo u only have to by on e system. bishop clark.

Well, you can't play anything Next-Gen, but for $2,000 you can build a PC, and download all the emulators to play any system you want. It's only legal if you really own the systems and the games that you download, so it's only a viable option for the morally impaired. And eventually emulators will come out for the PS3 and the XBox 360 (in 5 years or so).

Xbox Masta 4
09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Emo,

The reason they do they don't make one system all together is what it comes down to. The brands. Do you think Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony hate making money? Heck no. If they all bunched together they would have to split the profits they make off of such a system. Also all of which are all competitors. They compete to be the best, and will always compete to see who is the best. It's just a bragging rights to know all over that you sold more than the other company. Also yeah if they ever did that, the system would be very high in price. So you think complaining about the systems now is bad, imagine with three companies put together. Plus I don't think they would all agree to do such a project anyway. Too many differences. They would fight over the name for crying out loud, that it would just bring out disaster.

My advice to you Emo is maybe just buy the system and one game at the time. Get a job if you don't have one and save up for what you can afford. Use that towards games. Plus you could always look forward to holidays for that type of stuff.

I hope you get things figured out for you.

StudioAlex
09-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I believe he was trying to say, "Too much money"

Yeah, I do this thing where I make fun of people but I don't act like I'm explicitly belittling them. Yeah.

laughs
09-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I do this thing where I make fun of people but I don't act like I'm explicitly belittling them. Yeah.

lmfao :rofl:

Ninjermy
09-07-2005, 08:10 PM
How would making one system lower the cost.... :p

laughs
09-07-2005, 08:20 PM
How would making one system lower the cost.... :p

:confused: less packaging

swivel
09-07-2005, 11:59 PM
One controller. One optical drive. One Hard Drive (optional). One networking adapter. One power brick. One stick of RAM. One GPU.

Imagine this... what if one of the two systems (XBox 2, PS3) is, say, 10% more powerful than the other. What if, two years from now, someone has Linux running on one of the systems. That extra horsepower might be enough to get an emulator running on one of the systems to support the other's games.

This would have been impossible before, because the PS2 architecture is so different than the XBox's, that emulation would have needed a 2 to 1 ratio in power. Man... that would be sweet. Not that I wouldn't own both systems anyway... but the geek-factor would be through the roof.