PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here really going vertical?

swivel
09-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Anyone else noticed that every single photo released of the XBox 2 is in the vertical orientation? I don't think I've ever seen one on its side. And everyone I've talked to is most certaintly not going to keep their system vertically. Inserting DVD's is a pain, and the chance of tugging it over with the controller is scary.

So what is the deal here? Does Microsoft, and every magazine and webpage think that the thing looks sexier upright? Is it supposed to be phalic? What do you make of the fact that the PS3 is always horizontal, when the last generation the roles were reversed? Remember how the PS2 was always displayed vertically, and the XBox was a flat slab?

Chime in with your thoughts. And come on out of the closet. Let us know about your orientation.

laughs
09-08-2005, 01:23 AM
I like it horizontal...I've always wondered what this vertical craze was all about....I just don't understand.

Rhiannon
09-08-2005, 10:12 AM
evrything about vertical is wrong imo
but I just think a console should be kept horizontal...seems like less stress on the loading tray to me for some reason.

Duke
09-08-2005, 10:15 AM
i like my consoles like i like my women. standing up and plugged into an electrical outlet. god i am bored i can't even troll funny.

Rhiannon
09-08-2005, 10:42 AM
i like my consoles like i like my women. standing up and plugged into an electrical outlet. god i am bored i can't even troll funny.

that mental image frightened me

ShannonX
09-08-2005, 12:40 PM

so you like your women dead, in the standing position? :D

Double_Diablo
09-08-2005, 03:00 PM
I've had my PS2 vertical for three years now. It just looks cool like that. Though my Xbox 360 is staying horizontal. It doesn't look quite as stable standing up.

George89
09-08-2005, 07:07 PM
when i get one i'm going to use the spot where i kept my original xbox.....so it'll have to go horizontal for me

jackboot3
09-08-2005, 08:29 PM
if you placed the ps2 vertically, you risk of ruining the motor. bad bad bad idea to place any console on its side.

ShadedNine
09-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Last I checked, my device shelving unit thing was meant for flat, short devices...horizontal it is for me. I suppose maybe those placing the thing on the living room floor might like it vertical to take up less floor space...but with wireless controllers and remotes, I only need the console accessible to change discs.

Ford Mustang
09-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Horizontal all the way. Don't know what's so cool about vertical anyways.