PDA

View Full Version : Uhh wtf, M$ wants us to pick the games for Xbox 360 backward-compatibility

jackboot3
09-09-2005, 12:50 PM
taken straight from a post on xbox.com:

"Seems like you won't be able to play every old Xbox game on the 360s. MS wants us to pick from a list and then submit. 1up is polling users on which xbox games are compatible with the 360s and MS will be checking results to add these games to their list.

Anyways, here's the link http://xbox360poll.1up.com

Everybody vote for Psychonauts@!!@# ^_^"

swivel
09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Here's the problem though, jackboot.... there will not be any way to move save games from the XBox to the XBox2. So you would have to start games over, with no real benefit except for the new controller. My advice is to keep your XBox hooked up for a while, then give it to a neighbor who isn't addicted to gaming yet. Better yet... finish all those old games now, and go cold turkey for a month. No gaming for a month. It would be like when we were kids and we used to drive to the pool. We would roll all the windows up and turn the heat on full blast. It was a miserable sauna in there, but it made that first splash orgasmic.

StudioAlex
09-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I haven't seen anything that say the Xbox 360 won't be able to save Xbox games. Gotta link for that?

Double_Diablo
09-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I haven't seen anything that say the Xbox 360 won't be able to save Xbox games. Gotta link for that?
No he means you can't transfer old saves from the Xbox to the Xbox 360. Boo. Now I won't be able to keep my old Fable and Halo saves.

StudioAlex
09-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Oh. Duh. Just call me Duke.

OC Noob
09-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Now that MS is going with emulation isn't this a moot point now that all games should be BC with an HD?

ps had to look this up before I typed it mute point:

“Moot” is a very old word related to “meeting,” specifically a meeting where serious matters are discussed. Oddly enough, a moot point can be a point worth discussing at a meeting (or in court)—an unresolved question—or it can be the opposite: a point already settled and not worth discussing further. At any rate, “mute point” is simply wrong, as is the less common “mood point.”

Reclaimer
09-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Just screw it and keep your old Xbox. That's backward compatibility done the easy way, it will work every time and all the DL'ed content I aquired will always be there to use.

Duke
09-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Oh. Duh. Just call me Duke.

this is a dangerous game you are playing mister studeeoalix.

mattgame
09-16-2005, 09:05 AM
I agree with Rec. Keep your old xbox. I'm keeping mines.

Reclaimer
09-16-2005, 06:41 PM
I agree with Rec. Keep your old xbox. I'm keeping mines.

Hell yeah my man. Screw the dumb ****. Just keep the old box hooked up to the TV.
Problem solved and you don't have to worry about thousands of dumbasses choosing what ubber game they want to see that you really didn't.

BoogerBoy
09-21-2005, 04:54 AM
MS should make all games work on X360. Even the games that didn't sell well. I've got a large collection of Xbox games and I want to enjoy them on the next system too. If not then I'll just keep playing them on my Xbox. ;)

P.S. great website, I just joined today

themoosearmy
09-22-2005, 10:30 AM
MS should make all games work on X360. Even the games that didn't sell well. I've got a large collection of Xbox games and I want to enjoy them on the next system too. If not then I'll just keep playing them on my Xbox. ;)

P.S. great website, I just joined today
Except that this is impossible because the xbox and xbox360 are based on different chipsets. The game programming has to connect with the system hardware, and the xbox1 games will not. However, I believe (as was posted above) that they are going to use emulation. Whether or not that process will be selective, that has yet to be seen.

MrGTI
09-22-2005, 06:10 PM
....they are going to use emulation.

I've heard that as well. http://vr6.pharfruminsain.com/VWvortex/thumbsup2.gif

Emulation is what makes it possible to play those old arcade games on your PC. I know they can do it.