PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Programs for Promoting XBOX and 360??

kavas
09-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi All,
Just out of interest, i'm wondering if anyone has heard of any type of volunteer groups??
Usually groups of volunteers taken on by manufacturers and or distributors.

Eg. Street Teams are the same thing for music.
Eg2. I know card gaming companies (Wizards of the Coast, Decipher etc..) have volunteer programs, as i'm a convert from card/miniature and board gaming to the XBOX upon its initial release (i always dabbled and bought the latest consoles, but didn't give them the time they rightfully deserved until the xbox changed my perspective ;-) )

Reason why i'm asking, is because i'm actually a Carpenter by trade and am now a trainer in the construction field. Because i deal with so many blokes in their late teens (ideal target range for consoles etc..) I'm in a key position to amp xbox (esp the 360), so things like demo disks, magazines, flyers, stickers, posters and perhaps games as prizes themselves will help floodstream my area with xbox users instead of ps2-3, gameboy and psp.

Its just an idea. I suppose nothing exists, but perhaps someone should consider doing something like this for people in my position - i'm sure it'll help in making xbox the best on the market.

What do you guys think anyway - perhaps this kind of thing cant be aptly applied to the elctronic gaming industry, OR perhaps it would kick butt ;-)

Maybe larger retail outlets would be interested in doing such a thing, if the creators of the games/console arent' interested?

ShadedNine
09-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Interesting enough idea, given that unlike other industries, it's definitely in the gamer's best interests to see their chosen console do well. It could work, but I doubt you'll find much more support out there besides the usual fansite kits, etc.

StudioAlex
09-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Maybe you should donate your time and effort to helping people who lost everything but their lives to Katrina. MS can take care of itself.

kavas
09-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi StudioAlex
I dont doubt that ms can look after itself.
I wasn't being cold hearted by any means - everyone's entitled to having an interest and it just so happens that the xbox is mine.

I purely wanted to know if anyone knew if something like this already existed - that was all.
Is that a pic of yourself? Are you in a band?

Hey ShadedNine what are the fan kits that you speak of?

ShadedNine
09-11-2005, 01:13 AM
It's somewhere on the xbox.com website I believe. Just a collection of graphics and such to help standardize and create fan sites. Not much good for an ad campaign unless you're gearing up to compete with xboxaddict ;)

OC Noob
09-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Maybe you should donate your time and effort to helping people who lost everything but their lives to Katrina. MS can take care of itself.

This is not a political thread, don't make it one.

Its more of a question of if we will rather than can we.

StudioAlex
09-11-2005, 07:38 AM
I'd failed to notice his Brisbane, Australia location, but I'm sure there is something charitable in Australia that he could apply himself too--Boomerangs for Aborigines is a great foundation, or so I hear. But thank you for letting me know your thoughts about American foreign policy and people's dining out habits. I'm sure posting them in an xbox fan forum will change the world.

Just messin' with ya.

Or am I?

:whistle:

Nameless
09-11-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that one of the most antcipated consoles in history doesn't need a street team to promote it, unlike underground music acts.

kavas
09-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Yeah i'm sure your right, but i just wanted to know if anything already existed ;-)